Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

How do I tell my girlfriend I’m into muscular women

[deleted]
Sep 23, 2022 - permalink

So for some context , I’ve been with my current girlfriend for almost 3 years now and I’ve finally come to acceptance that I’m into muscular women and is not going to change and I would like to tell her , I just don’t know how. I told my first girlfriend way back when but she completely blew up on me and told me I was disgusting and ended up telling her family and then they began teasing me , so ever since then I have been really hesitant about telling anyone but I really would like to tell my current girlfriend because I see a future with her and I’d like her to know but I completely have no idea on how to tell her with fear of the same thing happening again.

Sep 23, 2022 - edited Sep 23, 2022 - permalink
Deleted by Tastychicken
Sep 23, 2022 - permalink

So for some context , I’ve been with my current girlfriend for almost 3 years now and I’ve finally come to acceptance that I’m into muscular women and is not going to change and I would like to tell her , I just don’t know how. I told my first girlfriend way back when but she completely blew up on me and told me I was disgusting and ended up telling her family and then they began teasing me , so ever since then I have been really hesitant about telling anyone but I really would like to tell my current girlfriend because I see a future with her and I’d like her to know but I completely have no idea on how to tell her with fear of the same thing happening again.

Bring her to this thread.

[deleted]
Sep 23, 2022 - permalink

Good question and I think it depends. Personally my girlfriend always had above average arms and she knows im attracted to them because I told her. So complimenting her on her appearance is always a good move. However if you tell her you're attracted to muscular women whilst she is not then you're basically telling her your attracted to other women. That will not be taken lightly.

I think your first girlfriend got really insecure about your comment. Her telling her family was a really shitty move so it's better that you broke up with her. But anyway don't go tell her that you like muscular women when she is not one.

Sep 23, 2022 - permalink

Tread lightly. Maybe casually point out a picture of a female athlete who is a little muscular and ask her opinion. My experience was horrible so this is my opinion because of my bad experience.

Invite her to lift weights with you.

Alternatively, if you’re attracted to muscular women, it’s usually a good idea to date a woman who already lifts.

I'm not sure but i would tell her anyway. Since some guys got lucky and their girlfriends started working out. And if she is a good person she can just get over if she does not like it since it's not a big deal you still love her.

But some women like your ex can be very elitist and unreasonable i Guess it depends on her personality i don't know anything about your current girlfriend so i don't know if she is another judgemental person like your ex i hope she is more mature and compassionate.

Sep 23, 2022 - permalink

I'm not sure but i would tell her anyway since some guys got lucky and their girlfriends started working out and if she is a good person she can just get over it if she does not like it since it's not a big deal but some women like your ex can be very elitist and unreasonable i Guess it depends on her personality i don't know anything about your current girlfriend so i don't know if she is another judgemental person.

Oof, there’s a lot to unpack here, but the short version is this is a pretty toxic view toward women, and I hope you don’t present this kind of attitude when you interact with them.

Her being ok with OP being into muscular women has nothing to do with her being a good person or not. She is perfectly in her rights to be upset with it, or ok with it. How would you feel if your boyfriend/husband/romantic partner went up to you and went “Hey babe, just so you know, I am attracted to a body type that is nothing close to yours”?

A lot of guys can save themselves a lot of grief by simply going out with women they find attractive as opposed to dating a skinny or fat woman and being like “How can I tell her I’m into muscular women,” or “how can I get her to bodybuild?” I don’t know why more don’t do it.

Sep 23, 2022 - permalink

Oof, there’s a lot to unpack here

It's the war on punctuation for me.

Sep 23, 2022 - permalink

Tell her muscular women make you erect

Sep 23, 2022 - permalink

Ugh this again i Guess that is to be expected from a forum like this where guys like to be submissve and defend bad women who bully their boyfriends.

Sep 23, 2022 - permalink

I am not sure why you feel you need to tell her. Do you feel you cannot be happy with her? Honestly, I think that if you tell her then you are as good as saying that you can't be satisfied with her. It doesn't matter whether you are into muscular women, or tall women, or red heads, or fat chicks. No woman (or man) is perfect. Do you love her? I love my wife, and I feel no need to tell her that I find muscular women as my thing. She can be your thing, too.

cgsweat
Sep 23, 2022 - permalink

I told my first girlfriend way back when but she completely blew up on me and told me I was disgusting and ended up telling her family and then they began teasing me , so ever since then I have been really hesitant about telling anyone

It sounds like you already know the answer...

Sep 23, 2022 - permalink

You might want to decide if you are ok with having an online interest/fetish for muscular women while having a non-fit GF (or wife, since GFs can turn into wives). Think about all the years ahead of you. If you are not ok with this, then it’s probably the case that you need to date athletic/muscular women.

Sep 23, 2022 - permalink

You don't. You just start by plastering a poster of Alina Popa in your room. If she asks who's that woman, you just say you don't know and you just wanted to cover an ugly spot on the wall and found that cool picture. Let a week pass and add another one. Then add one with Lenda Murray. Then Andrea Shaw. You slowly turn it into a shrine. You start to very publicly like muscular women on social media. One day she says she wants to watch a movie with you but you say you can't because there's an important sports event on the TV and you can't miss it. Then she sees you eating popcorn on the sofa while watching the Ms. Olympia finals. You start being interested in photography. You get a dad bod (unless you already have one), grow a moustache and start going to shows. Actions speak louder than words. By that time she will have noticed you went full schmoe and there's no turning back.

Sep 23, 2022 - permalink

Her being ok with OP being into muscular women has nothing to do with her being a good person or not. She is perfectly in her rights to be upset with it, or ok with it. How would you feel if your boyfriend/husband/romantic partner went up to you and went “Hey babe, just so you know, I am attracted to a body type that is nothing close to yours”?

Yea but that is no reason to publicly humiliate and bully him. A lot of men think tailor swift is hot but do women worry about being cheated on because of that no. Same when my girlfriend said bard pitt is hot do i care no because we will never meet brad pitt and even if we do i trust her to not cheat.

A lot of guys can save themselves a lot of grief by simply going out with women they find attractive as opposed to dating a skinny or fat woman and being like “How can I tell her I’m into muscular women,” or “how can I get her to bodybuild?” I don’t know why more don’t do it.

Yea great advice just only date fbbs bro they are everywhere. i don't know about the op or you but i don't have much choice its very rare when i meet a woman who 1 finds me attractive and 2 is single. So i am not going to have high beauty standards in the end muscles are nice but its a luxury there should be more than just looks to keep each other interested.

Sep 24, 2022 - permalink

If you told her some other dark secrets and she accepted you instead of judging you then yes. I did say that to my ex (really sad she is ex) and she accepted me and even said she liked it herself. Best of luck with your quest.

Sep 24, 2022 - permalink

The best way is to try to get her to work out with you. And tell her in a chill way that you think she'd look great with some muscle or that it'd be cool for her to share gym as a hobby with yourself. And if you are able to persuade her, start slowly, allow her to begin to get some self-motivation for it and if you're lucky she might start idolising fbbs/crossfitters/fitness influencers and what to gain muscle. I tried this before and it half worked but we ended up breaking up for other reasons.

Sep 24, 2022 - permalink

But having a fetish like this can definitely complicate things, I've had a girl break up with me before upon discovery of my lust for muscular women - when the girl had 0 desire to gain any muscle. And I for one can't judge women for this; I broke up with a girl once who said she mostly only likes black guys (she's white, I'm white). It just sounded wrong to me. A fixation on something so specific and skin deep. I just felt attacked by it and it made her seem repulsive to me. I guess it's not completely comparable since skin colour is something you can't control - and as a fetish arguably has roots in racism. However, some women may react in a similar way

Sep 24, 2022 - permalink
Deleted by damagecontrol
Sep 24, 2022 - permalink

Instead of telling her, consider not telling her. Especially as a "confessional." If your girlfriend has muscles, then you should have already complimented her lines. If she doesn't, then she may believe she will never be "enough," comparing herself to impossible-to-naturally achieve physiques. That is, assuming she does not find these physiques "disgusting" -- like a lot of women do. She might find the men who are into such physiques creepy-weird -- and a lot of the dudes really are.

Sep 24, 2022 - permalink
Deleted by damagecontrol
Sep 24, 2022 - edited Sep 24, 2022 - permalink

One of my girlfriends, early in our relationship, saw a soloflex commercial on TV and asked what I thought of her. She thought she looked disgusting. I told her how insulting her comment was because I found fit, athletic women sexy. I told her, even as a young boy, I always went for the tomboy types. She started lifting weights and as she gained muscle, loved flexing during foreplay. Seeing what her muscles did to me and for me....she gained an appreciation for fit women and actually became one.

Sep 24, 2022 - edited Sep 24, 2022 - permalink

I'm no relationship coach but personally, I'd just tell her and deal with what happens.

Keeping secrets in a relationship is fucking exhausting. But that's just me.

Sep 24, 2022 - permalink

If it is impacting your sexlife with her, it needs to be discussed.

If it is a darkside fetish you like to imagine...there is no need.

I broke it to my girl (admin, stop me if this is TMI)...by ahem...watching certain films with muscular women in them. Wink wink. She was surprised, then interested and now as 'enlightened' about my fetish as I am.

Good luck. Have fun.

« first < prev Page 1 of 2 next > last »