Forum > Paysite Reviews > Thread

Herbiceps VODs

« first < prev Page 2 of 17 next > last »
Sep 27, 2022 - permalink

While a lot of this thread proves that there are different tastes, I think it's safe to say nobody likes the super close up shots when the girls are busy lifting or performing other feats of strength. And nobody likes the water sprays. On another note, even if a ton of your customers enjoy fantasy arm wrestling matches, at least throw those of us who want to see real matches a bone once in a while. If an athletic guy outweighs the girl by over 40-50lbs, it's OK for the guy to win unless the girl is a pro arm wrestler and it's a legit match. If I see that, then I can "pretend" every single other matchup is real and also pretend the site doesn't have a stated policy that says the girls always have to win :) I guess that's why I really enjoy the gym lifting videos because it shows me that many of these girls really are incredibly strong. The fantasy arm wrestling videos don't do it for me.

Sep 27, 2022 - permalink

My favourite videos are : - big muscular,vascular, strong women - muscle comparison with men : hailey mac grath,shannon S , flexxy fun ,fire and ice, ...the taller the better - lift and carry - real feat of strength - dress or skirt more than bikini - muscle worship

I don,t like water spray and conventionnal posing (too repetitive)

Sep 27, 2022 - permalink

I honestly buy only VODs that display the strength of big fbbs (expecially L&C and armwresling). My favourite VODs are the ones featuring Shannon Seeley when she was bigger

Sep 28, 2022 - permalink

A few people assuming anyone who doesn't share their particular interest is "in the minority" etc.

Herbiceps will know what sells best on their platform but that may or many not coincide with people posting their views here.

Personally, even though it 's a dream job for most of us to work close up with these women , I really really dislike the scrawny (or not so scrawny_) comparisons vids or sequences. Since it's often unavoidable between the preferred posing sequences I have sometimes actually edited and made my versions of some clips by removing IMO extraneous bits.

Not into armwrestling or Lift & carry.

I like the juxtaposition of nice dresses / lingerie / heels/ glamour in a more intimate scenario like a bedroom. I usually want to see the woman's face , not just body parts.

Oct 10, 2022 - permalink

I really wish that the previews would be more representative of the video content. The Julia Fory VOD "Taking on a Big Guy" for instance frames it as though it's going to be a competitive armwrestling VOD. But the armwrestling only lasts for about 5 seconds, it's clearly a fake match, and they don't even do it with both arms.

Very disappointing. And it's similar with many other armwrestling oriented VODs, the absolute bare minimum should be 2 matches of one on each hand!

Oct 10, 2022 - permalink

@Stevebob Exactly totally agree!! And the most important thing when you have the vod labeled "taking on a big guy" when it is a big girl also, let them armwrestle for real!!! No matter who will win!!

Oct 10, 2022 - permalink

apologies about the caps, my shift keys are broken. there is so much i dont like about herbiceps. i dont like how the webpage looks and functions. it is hard to find stuff. the previews suck, and the functionality is slow. there are too many different ways to buy/access a video. new videos appear that are a decade old as they recycle archival material. the tagging and categories suck. the photographs are pretty darn good and always were. the videos suck. they get great models but don't seem to know how to take advantage of that. it is always disappointing almost without exception. so many opportunities are lost with these models to really show off their form in truly compelling ways. the videos with the guys are just a bit weird and not really convincing in any way. it all has the feeling of being whitewashed. it is like they just don't get it. im sure there is still some great content, but it is so hard to find based on the previews, that i don't even bother.

i wish they would look at the work of someone like zoltan veigh does. not always the best models, but always compelling footage. there is an art to model videography, and hb does not know what that sentence means.

Oct 11, 2022 - permalink

apologies about the caps, my shift keys are broken. there is so much i dont like about herbiceps. i dont like how the webpage looks and functions. it is hard to find stuff. the previews suck, and the functionality is slow. there are too many different ways to buy/access a video. new videos appear that are a decade old as they recycle archival material. the tagging and categories suck. the photographs are pretty darn good and always were. the videos suck. they get great models but don't seem to know how to take advantage of that. it is always disappointing almost without exception. so many opportunities are lost with these models to really show off their form in truly compelling ways. the videos with the guys are just a bit weird and not really convincing in any way. it all has the feeling of being whitewashed. it is like they just don't get it. im sure there is still some great content, but it is so hard to find based on the previews, that i don't even bother.

i wish they would look at the work of someone like zoltan veigh does. not always the best models, but always compelling footage. there is an art to model videography, and hb does not know what that sentence means.

Thanks for the feedback. Some of what you've said seems pretty harsh. I would love to get more specific feedback from you through PM. I am always looking to improve with my shooting so any further specific feedback would be great. Thank you.

Oct 11, 2022 - permalink

Thanks for the feedback. Some of what you've said seems pretty harsh. I would love to get more specific feedback from you through PM. I am always looking to improve with my shooting so any further specific feedback would be great. Thank you.

To be honest it is overly harsh, partly coming out of my frustration with the functionality of the HB+ website. But since you are offering, I would love to give you some feedback about how I would improve the videography for your consideration, because I can see many ways to make it more compelling. I will PM you.

Nov 06, 2022 - permalink

Do VR videos count? Because I just got the latest couple of Vladi Galgan VR videos and they're really good, can't wait for the black dress one! I love the more casual outfits. I'll be fair, the price was a bit spicy (180 creds for @5 minutes) and 25creds for a 53 second preview of which you already get 30 seconds of free preview on HB+ was a bit odd, but it is what it is ¯_(ツ)_/¯

P.S.: Are there more VODs of Heidi V. coming out? Been on the lookout for those since the one in August appeared.

Nov 06, 2022 - permalink

apologies about the caps, my shift keys are broken. there is so much i dont like about herbiceps. i dont like how the webpage looks and functions. it is hard to find stuff. the previews suck, and the functionality is slow. there are too many different ways to buy/access a video.

Agreed. I actually miss the "old" HerBiceps.

The previews on the current site don't even work. When I move the slider to see the screen captures from a video all I see is an endless loop of the stupid three circles animation. 9/10 times the picture never even loads. Every VOD I've bought from them is a disappointment. They are all so short and the asinine camera angles are infuritating. In the video where "Miss Show n Tell" military presses Joey over her head, 2 seconds after she does it, the cameraman randomly tilts the camera to a 60 degree angle. For no fucking reason. Just get a reasonable distance away so we can SEE EVERYTHING, not just the bottom half of the woman's body or her elbow at a bizarre angle for some reason.

I've given up on HB content to be honest. I keep an eye on it just to see what's up, but I haven't bought anything in a good while. The last straw for me may have been when they actually got Sarah Backman there to do some feats of strength, which is amazing. Then they made just a handful of 3 minute VOD's with her. She could have EASILY overhead pressed Joey. Where's that? She could have done SO much more. It's like they deliberatley always leave you wanting more. Maybe that's the business model. Always leave you unsatisfied so you keep clicking and paying more.

Call me a boomer or old fashioned, but I miss the WPW/Ray Martin/Premier Productions era when you got 30-60-90 minutes of content. No stupid camera angles or asshole overediting and transitions. Just lots of content. Lots of nice, steady closeups. If they did feats of strength, they did like 20 minutes of everything you could imagine. Not 1 minute of half-assed armwrestling from an inexplicably stupid camera angle.

But I can't blame HB really. I'm sure Mike Eckstut is a multimillionaire by now from his cut of the Herbicepscam money alone (another scam I don't engage in). Their model works and it's profitable. Why would they change? Why make 60-90 minute videos when you can take 30 min of video and carve it up into 4 separate 3 minute overproduced music videos and make more money? Why offer simple, quality videos you can download and save easily when you can offer VOD's that computer-unsavvy people won't be able to figure out how to save and record?

So I don't blame them. I just wish things were different. In a way it's good though I save a lot of money this way. I would probably spend $200+ a month on content if anyone actually produced anything worth buying anymore. But hardly anyone does really.

Nov 06, 2022 - edited Nov 06, 2022 - permalink

I've given up on HB content to be honest. I keep an eye on it just to see what's up, but I haven't bought anything in a good while. The last straw for me may have been when they actually got Sarah Backman there to do some feats of strength, which is amazing. Then they made just a handful of 3 minute VOD's with her. She could have EASILY overhead pressed Joey. Where's that? She could have done SO much more. It's like they deliberatley always leave you wanting more. Maybe that's the business model. Always leave you unsatisfied so you keep clicking and paying more.

They 100% keep the actual meat of the videos as minimal as possible to try to tempt you to purchase 5 VODs for the full picture of the shoot. It's crazy that they will often split up armwrestling, pushups, lift and carry into separate VODs.

I've also highlighted similar issues to other points you've mentioned and gotten pretty dismissive responses. You can shell out $10 for a female armwrestling VOD and they will have only one actual match. If you're using armwrestling to sell the VOD then the very least you can do is at least feature one match on each arm. But thus far every single F/F armwrestling VOD only has one match on one side.

The Alyssa Muoio & Lynn Centino VOD has "Muscle Girls Battle" as the title and a thumbnail of them armwrestling. The video is over 8 minutes long and yet the armwrestling only begins 26 seconds from the end of the video and only lasts for 6 seconds. It's ridiculously misleading.

Nov 09, 2022 - permalink

They 100% keep the actual meat of the videos as minimal as possible to try to tempt you to purchase 5 VODs for the full picture of the shoot. It's crazy that they will often split up armwrestling, pushups, lift and carry into separate VODs.

I've also highlighted similar issues to other points you've mentioned and gotten pretty dismissive responses. You can shell out $10 for a female armwrestling VOD and they will have only one actual match. If you're using armwrestling to sell the VOD then the very least you can do is at least feature one match on each arm. But thus far every single F/F armwrestling VOD only has one match on one side.

The Alyssa Muoio & Lynn Centino VOD has "Muscle Girls Battle" as the title and a thumbnail of them armwrestling. The video is over 8 minutes long and yet the armwrestling only begins 26 seconds from the end of the video and only lasts for 6 seconds. It's ridiculously misleading.

We appreciate the feedback and definitely your business. You're in a very rare category of HB customer, and we want to reward your loyalty by publishing good products. You understand the demand side very well. But on the supply side, most people have no interest in armwrestling. The fact that Sean's crew is able to get more than a handful per year is a remarkable achievement.

Unless something is advertised as a dedicated "armwrestling video", it should be assumed that it is not, and that the armwrestling is merely an included element of the video AND that it's either fantasy or semi-competitive. The reality is that armwrestling matches tend to be very short.

That said, if you ever feel like we sold you a product you did not get, email us at webmaster@herbiceps.com and we'll make an effort to make you whole. Yes, we know most digital media platforms have a "NO REFUNDS" policy, but that's not us. If you're not happy with a purchase, we're going to do what we can to repair that.

Nov 10, 2022 - permalink

I agree, even with the refund policy, I don't feel as comfortable buying videos anymore because I'm not sure what I'm getting. The photo shoots are high-quality but the way the clips are cut feels like I'm not getting my moneys worth. There is too much interview time on clips compared to the posing and flexing, and the clips alternate between posing and talking so often. Couldn't the interview audio be overlaid over them flexing, or they flex while they are being interviewed instead of constantly cutting between the interview and the flexing? Before it used to feel like I was getting the best parts of a single shoot on a clip, now it feels like I'm getting 6-8 minutes of rushing through three different shoots plus an interview within one clip for 7-10 bucks. There are good ones though, like Katelyn Winklers first clip, but the format and cutting of video clips feels inconsistent on VODs

Nov 11, 2022 - permalink

Would love to know why abs are missed out a lot in videos, they only really seem to get flexed in a dedicated ab video. Muscle worship videos especially seem to avoid them for some reason, like every muscle group will get a flex apart from abs

Nov 11, 2022 - permalink

That’s a great observation, I don’t expect it with off season videos but when they are shooting on a show weekend I want to see that lean six pack.

cgsweat
Nov 11, 2022 - permalink

I think sometimes the photographer (in this case Sean Nelson seems to be eponymous with herbiceps) loses sight of what the fans (the general FBB fandom) want to see.

The FBB fandom can be a tricky business, because it seems to be a brutal mixture of old-heads and new-heads. I don't think there's any "correct" answer when addressing the both of them.

Nov 12, 2022 - edited Nov 12, 2022 - permalink

We appreciate the feedback and definitely your business. You're in a very rare category of HB customer, and we want to reward your loyalty by publishing good products. You understand the demand side very well. But on the supply side, most people have no interest in armwrestling. The fact that Sean's crew is able to get more than a handful per year is a remarkable achievement.

You know a great deal more than I do about what the average consumer wants but I find it pretty hard to believe there is little demand for armwrestling. Armwrestling has been a staple of FBB content forever and always seems pretty popular; it has many more pages of content on this site for instance than a comparable category like lift and carry. If you mean that most models have no interest in doing armwrestling then that is much more understandable, but even just one extra match on the other hand with the same amount of matchups as currently would be a huge improvement.

Unless something is advertised as a dedicated "armwrestling video", it should be assumed that it is not, and that the armwrestling is merely an included element of the video AND that it's either fantasy or semi-competitive. The reality is that armwrestling matches tend to be very short.

But there's no consistency! There are mixed fantasy armwrestling VODs where there are literally matches over and over for the entire 10 minute runtime. But then there are other VODs advertised very similarly where the armwrestling will be over in a flash with one match. I think it's sensible that if armwrestling constitutes only 6 seconds of a VOD then that probably shouldn't be what you use to market that VOD. It isn't like all matches are so short, there are an endless amount of armwrestling matchups any long-time HB fan could cite that are competitive and well worth a VOD.

And would it be too much to ask for there to be a clear distinction made in the video description or tags as to whether the armwrestling is "real" or fantasy?

That said, if you ever feel like we sold you a product you did not get, email us at webmaster@herbiceps.com and we'll make an effort to make you whole. Yes, we know most digital media platforms have a "NO REFUNDS" policy, but that's not us. If you're not happy with a purchase, we're going to do what we can to repair that.

I've always appreciated this policy and think it's a very fair approach.

fp909
Nov 12, 2022 - permalink

This is not pointed at them in particular but I have a long history of working with creative directors and when they get locked in on something it’s hard to pivot away. Could be a visual style, are particular piece of footage they build an entire project around but can’t actually use, etc.

Many of us are used to the older model of short 1-2 min clips that go up a few at a time and we’re particularly focused in terms of scope. But they were pretty basic in visual style.

Currently it’s a hard swing in the opposite direction with videos from 6-8 minutes long with a distinct creative style.

Clearly people are buying them as-is otherwise they might have made a change.

Idk what the main site is like—do they offer the same footage as HBC in a POV format if you’re a monthly member?

In many situations where I’ve bought videos from random women the most often seen complaint was “what do I do for 3-4 minutes, that’s a long time”. For the purposes of a VOD it is a long time to do one thing.

Probably a couple of solutions. 1) Scaling down VODs so that the ratio of, say, armwrestling to artistic footage is a little more even. 2) Offering the raw footage as their own deliverables for those that jsut want a mashup of that one thing without the artistic flare, and maybe want to commit to a couple of dollars at a time (and this would be alongside the usual postings).

Nov 12, 2022 - permalink

Idk what the main site is like—do they offer the same footage as HBC in a POV format if you’re a monthly member?

Member content on the main site is similar to the clip format on the old site. Usually just raw footage of flexing, armwrestling, interviews, pushups, etc. There is quite a lot of content but sadly the amount of "variety" clips is still pretty low and most of it is either flexing or archive clips with the occasional good stuff from a 3 year old VOD thrown in every blue moon.

Nov 12, 2022 - permalink

You know a great deal more than I do about what the average consumer wants but I find it pretty hard to believe there is little demand for armwrestling. Armwrestling has been a staple of FBB content forever and always seems pretty popular; it has many more pages of content on this site for instance than a comparable category like lift and carry. If you mean that most models have no interest in doing armwrestling then that is much more understandable, but even just one extra match on the other hand with the same amount of matchups as currently would be a huge improvement.

Yes, we have a lot of customers who want it. But no, the videographers do not have a lot of women who want to do it. Most do not. It's extremely hard to get this content. I know this fact does not matter to the customer - you want what you want - but the things a lot random girls on the street might do are NOT the things many of the women who train seriously will do. We love and appreciate those gamers who are willing to put on a show of more than a match or 2 IF THAT many for our audiences, but that number is much, much smaller than the overall number of women who do shoots each year.

I understand your perspective, but the math is what it is. Sean's team works hard to get hundreds of models to shoot each year and they all do an amazing job. Sean and the other videographers are not in easy positions out there. I'll leave it at that.

But there's no consistency! There are mixed fantasy armwrestling VODs where there are literally matches over and over for the entire 10 minute runtime. But then there are other VODs advertised very similarly where the armwrestling will be over in a flash with one match. I think it's sensible that if armwrestling constitutes only 6 seconds of a VOD then that probably shouldn't be what you use to market that VOD. It isn't like all matches are so short, there are an endless amount of armwrestling matchups any long-time HB fan could cite that are competitive and well worth a VOD.

And would it be too much to ask for there to be a clear distinction made in the video description or tags as to whether the armwrestling is "real" or fantasy?

I have always said that matches are to be presumed "fantasy" or "semi-competitive" unless stated otherwise. It's a standing disclaimer. If we advertise something as "real, competitive armwrestling", that's what it is. We rarely ever say that. You already know - because you and I have had this exact discussion for years now - that we are in the "fantasy entertainment" business. That's who we are. That's what we attempt to do. That's what we (attempt to) sell to our customers. That's what we THANKFULLY have customers who are interested in.

For any number of reasons, a single armwrestling match tends not to be that long. Maybe that's not the fantasy, but...

I've always appreciated this policy and think it's a very fair approach.

smile Thank you.

Nov 14, 2022 - permalink

P.S.: Are there more VODs of Heidi V. coming out? Been on the lookout for those since the one in August appeared.

Perhaps coincidentally, my prayers have been answered. Loved the latest video, the variety of shots, poses and the outfits were really nice.

Gotta add to the list of absolute favourites the latest Fit Assbod video with Joey. The lighting was great, the background looked cool, the comparison was awesome, appreciated the variety of challenges but the main selling point for me was the bearhug. It's pretty rare to see one. It was awesome, only wish it was either longer or tighter, like in that video with Trap Queen Noah.

But yeah, the overall playful yet competitive (as in actually trying) vibe of that VOD strikes the perfect ballance of my tastes. I hate seeing either painfully obvious fake/staged or completely goofing around videos.

fp909
Nov 14, 2022 - permalink

full disclosure, HB hooked me up with a pass account for the month.

went to take a look at what was on tap--I would still say the priority is VODs but (as I think Tre had previously mentioned) they're prioritizing some older reuploads, so I found some Sarah Hayes, Lauren Quinn and others that I recognized from the old site days.

I also saw a few things that I wasn't expecting at all. 3-4 clips of Beauty is a Beast (blacklisted here) that I didn't recognize from 6+ years ago. Also looks like there's just cutdowns of some of the VOD content without the more artistic footage, CIP, there'a an Alyssa Muoio interview that's just the interview, and a clip that's just flexing as you would have seen it on the site 10 years ago.

And obviously photo dumps that are not at al hosted on HBC.

Obviously if you weren't active in the window of the old site you missed the larger library but it looks like it's building up again. I know they had also mentioned there was difficulty with some of the old archive and/or not really a point in trying to remaster some of the really old stuff from 2003-2005 (as much as we love that).

Nov 16, 2022 - edited Nov 16, 2022 - permalink

You definitely can't complain about the output nowadays. Roughly 30% of all the member clips on the site were posted in the last 4 months. It's been around 10 clips and 2 VODs per day for a good few months now which is likely higher than the average output of the old site. Granted a lot of those clips are archive material but a year ago you would've been lucky to get 10 clips per month!

Still a pretty wacky VOD to clip ratio but what can you do.

Nov 17, 2022 - permalink

Just curious about the HBiceps VOD VR pricing policy. Not sure why some clips, same length (or less) are for sale at a very different price?

example, I like Vladislava Galagan (5:38mins), she's amazing but honestly 180cr isn't it a bit too much? or Ashlynn Richardson (6:59) at 100cr. Doesn't sounds fair to me. Is it maybe related to the shooting quality? I hope it does not depend on the model "quality", it would be a little downgrading for the cheapest ones. I can understand the top sellers thing but... still 180cr for almost 5mins is a no go for me, just my humble opinion of course.

Not looking for controversy, really, just trying to understand it, cuz I am a little confused. Thanks!

« first < prev Page 2 of 17 next > last »