Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Male bodybuilders not attracted to female bodybuilders?

Sep 01, 2022 - permalink

Came across this video recently featuring Bradley Martin talks about not being attracted to muscly girls https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIaPbqm_L3g

Came across as very insecure tbh, his attitude seems quite common amongst male bodybuilders towards women are too big. I wonder why male bodybuilders are turned off by female bodybuilders despite both sharing similar goals, lifestyles?

Sep 01, 2022 - permalink
Deleted by herbiceps
Sep 01, 2022 - permalink

It's his taste we all should respect each other's tastes and i hope there are also fbbs who don't like very muscular men because unfortunately that seems to be the norm there are plenty of women who don't like big male bodybuilders but since fbbs are so rare there are very few who stray off the typical things women are attracted to again that wouldn't be a big deal if there where more fbbs but they are too rare.

Sep 01, 2022 - permalink

He doesn’t come off as insecure at all. Just gave his opinion. Hate when people think that everyone has to agree with their opinion.

Sep 01, 2022 - permalink

Different strokes for different folks.

Sep 01, 2022 - permalink

We like what we like and we like who we like.

Sep 01, 2022 - permalink

It really annoys me when schmoes interpret men who aren’t attracted or into muscular women as “insecure.” While yes, there are guys who are insecure around women who are potentially stronger and more muscular than them, most of the time attraction is just that. It sounds like he just isn’t into buff women, and that’s OK.

And his attitude isn’t “common” among male bodybuilders. And onto your last point asking why a male bodybuilder wouldn’t be attracted to a female bodybuilder even though they share the same lifestyle, you can say the EXACT same thing the other way around. The majority of schmoes don’t lift and have terrible fitness, so why would they find buff women attractive?

Sep 01, 2022 - edited Sep 01, 2022 - permalink

It really annoys me when schmoes interpret men who aren’t attracted or into muscular women as “insecure.”

It is part of the fantasy. The big secret of schmoes is that they are not confident. To the contrary, they're very insecure. But the point is that they know how to masochistically enjoy their insecurity. So they reason or simply project that everyone else must be equally insecure, except that the others don't know how to enjoy it.

This lets the schmoe think that what separates him from the common man is not his insecurity but his secret superpower of enjoying it.

Insecure men do exist. But crazy and abusive women, when men don't like the abuse and craziness, also call men insecure. It's an attitude that says no matter what I do or how you feel about it, it's nevertheless always your fault.

Usually women prefer to do their own ballbusting, but sometimes they will ask a big and strong man to do it for them. But it's hilarious to see a weak man attempt to do it to a strong man. Maybe assuming that the woman will protect him, because he presumably does it for her benefit.

Maybe this discussion is the first and only real case of muscle envy I've witnessed here.

Maybe too many men have seen their mom chew out their dad. This has made them think that some women can take on any man and that if you are protected by such a woman then you're practically invulnerable.

Sep 01, 2022 - permalink

Asking why somebody is not attractated to something is simply not a good question. Attraction does not occurs due to logic, it just happens.

Sep 01, 2022 - permalink

It's his taste we all should respect each other's tastes and i hope there are also fbbs who don't like very muscular men because unfortunately that seems to be the norm there are plenty of women who don't like big male bodybuilders but since fbbs are so rare there are very few who stray off the typical things women are attracted to again that wouldn't be a big deal if there where more fbbs but they are too rare.

Thats true, not even fbb's but athletic and fit girls also. From my own experience (which isnt much) the ratio of men attracted to muscular women compared to women attracted to smaller guys is extremely high. If you combine that with the low chance that a girl is muscular the chance that a girl will be both muscular and like smaller guys is approaching zero.

Sep 01, 2022 - edited Sep 01, 2022 - permalink

I have a girl friend who is a female bodybuilder. I'm just in decent shape. Not a bodybuilder by no means. She was married to a bodybuilder but she said it didn't work because they seemed to compete against each other when it came to training, food prep and supplements. They constantly battled over both of them being bodybuilders. She is very happy with me because I dont eat like she does. I dont interfere with her, and I dont get in the way with her gym time. We sometimes workout together but I'm not as intense as she is. So she is just as happy if I just spot her and help her with her workouts. We have been together for 6 years and its been a happy 6 years for both of us.

Sep 01, 2022 - permalink

I have a girl friend who is a female bodybuilder. I'm just in decent shape. Not a bodybuilder by no means. She was married to a bodybuilder but she said it didn't work because they seemed to compete against each other when it came to training, food prep and supplements. They constantly battled over both of them being bodybuilders. She is very happy with me because I dont eat like she does. I dont interfere with her, and I dont get in the way with her gym time. We sometimes workout together but I'm not as intense as she is. So she is just as happy if I just spot her and help her with her workouts. We have been together for 6 years and its been a happy 6 years for both of us.

What's her weight class?

Sep 02, 2022 - permalink

Bradley Martin is a man with competition level muscle physique, quite famous in the industry and probably meets more FBBs in a week than most of as will meet in a decade.

His opinion matters way more than any forum member sharing his fantasies. Males like Bradley Martin are the first choice of muscular females, plus he is an insider that can point you to the reasons why living with a fitness woman is not a good choice.

Vane personalities, obsessive behaviors, hormonal outbursts and overwhelming feelings exacerbated by steroids and hunger, virilization side effects that turn all men off, rigid schedules, weird sex life, the more muscle the woman has more of the above. You keep fantasizing looking at videos and pictures of your favorite model but Brandley and the rest of the them have lived the life and know it is not worth it.

Nothing to do with insecurity, insiders knowledge offered for free.

Sep 02, 2022 - edited Sep 02, 2022 - permalink

Vane personalities, obsessive behaviors, hormonal outbursts and overwhelming feelings exacerbated by steroids and hunger, virilization side effects that turn all men off, rigid schedules, weird sex life, the more muscle the woman has more of the above.

For some of these you don't even need any muscle. When you mentioned overwhelming feelings I knew I had to say something.

My mother is extremely good at overwhelming people with nonsense and made-up fears, accusations, guilt, twisted logic and wacky rationalizations. So in my case the logic might go that since I can't help but be repeatedly overwhelmed anyway, being overwhelmed is a familiar experience. So is there any way to get overwhelmed now and then but add some pleasure and safety to it to make it more bearable?

Now I hate I hate I hate being overwhelmed by a barrage of lies, nonsense, false portrayals and false accusations, so the obvious alternative is to be overwhelmed physically. The muscles transform the mental craziness into physical craziness, at least in the logic of the fantasy. Being physically close to a woman of your choice is pleasant by definition. So you get the craziness you must have and the pleasure you wish to have.

Hidden in this is the assumption that women are necessarily always insane. But muscles let you choose a different type of it. Also an assumption that you can't be close to someone without being at least potentially overwhelmed and without suffering from her insanity at least a little.

This is why I have been working my way out of this. The craziness is not some side effect you must put up with to get the muscular body. For some it is at the core of the attraction. It is not deluded but self-destructive. Not accidental but intentional. Horror turned into fascination. This is why listening to an interview of Julia DeLo or looking at pictures of Lea Kannowsky, because to me they are obviously not crazy, has a kind of detoxing effect. But this is why some schmoes find roid rage and virilizing side effects exciting, though I've never been that far.

Additionally, a woman who overwhelms you physically will logically not blame you for being overwhelmed. A woman who dominates you with lies and nonsense will usually accuse you of being what she says you are, because often the purpose of it is to shift blame and assert control. And a woman who does not dominate or overwhelm you will find it very puzzling and unsatisfying when you occasionally act overwhelmed anyway.

(Added soon:) I watched the video and found it hilarious if somewhat crude at places. Now the logic in the remark about insecurity goes that since extreme female bodybuilders are crazy and unstable by definition, then finding that craziness and instability attractive, even morbidly fascinating is a sign of being secure and confident, whereas finding it unattractive must be a sign of insecurity. Instead of it being just plain unattractive. For some people an extreme female bodybuilder is the pinnacle of womanhood.

What I forgot to mention yet is that with a life experience like mine, sane women either simply don't register or the mental distance between you and them is another kind of overwhelming. Figuratively speaking, people usually meet halfway. But when you have had no experience of that, you have no clue what it looks or feels like, when it is on offer and what you'd need to do. So you are only left with hoping for a woman to come all the way and crash your door down. And only then hope that it's with good intentions. Or enjoy the bad intentions to the best of your ability.

Sep 03, 2022 - permalink
Deleted by herbiceps
Sep 03, 2022 - permalink

Bradley Martin is a man with competition level muscle physique, quite famous in the industry and probably meets more FBBs in a week than most of as will meet in a decade.

His opinion matters way more than any forum member sharing his fantasies. Males like Bradley Martin are the first choice of muscular females, plus he is an insider that can point you to the reasons why living with a fitness woman is not a good choice.

Vane personalities, obsessive behaviors, hormonal outbursts and overwhelming feelings exacerbated by steroids and hunger, virilization side effects that turn all men off, rigid schedules, weird sex life, the more muscle the woman has more of the above. You keep fantasizing looking at videos and pictures of your favorite model but Brandley and the rest of the them have lived the life and know it is not worth it.

What a stupid post.

Bradley Martin is a human being with preferences. That's great, he's entitled to them. Full stop.

His opinion means absolutely nothing to anyone besides himself, though.

Sep 03, 2022 - permalink

My mother is extremely good at overwhelming people with nonsense and made-up fears, accusations, guilt, twisted logic and wacky rationalizations.

Howard Wolowitz, is that you? :)

Sep 03, 2022 - edited Sep 03, 2022 - permalink

To superiorgenetics:

Bradley Martin is a human being with preferences. That's great, he's entitled to them. Full stop.

His opinion means absolutely nothing to anyone besides himself, though.

What he says is well said because it corresponds to reality. Nothing to do with him as a person. Nothing to do with anyone's preferences.

He does not prefer a thing in his imagination, like so many do here, but his preferences are about something that exists in reality.

This is like a 10-year-old kid who has seen so many pictures of many fine cars snubbing the opinion of a mechanic who has spent ten years fixing and modifying the same cars. Now the mechanic and Bradley Martin know more than 99 % of the population, but of course one can always keep an ear open for the final 1 % who might know even more.

But one should be very cautious when listening to the kid or schmoe who knows less than 90 % of the population. Especially when he says that these are all just opinions or preferences. Especially when a great part of his motivation is to be deluded.

To BGL2021:

Howard Wolowitz, is that you? :)

Had to look that up. I don't spend any time with television. No. I am more familiar with Marcel Proust, but he is dead.

Sep 03, 2022 - permalink

He does not prefer a thing in his imagination, like so many do here, but his preferences are about something that exists in reality.

Ok and this is one dude, he surely hasnt dated every fbb and isnt the only one to ever be with one. Sure most of us on here have no experience to back our views up, but you are also are taking one persons experience and generalizing it to a whole group.

Sep 03, 2022 - permalink

I was shocked and surprised by his comments. Sounded like every guy who doesn’t work out or go to the gym.

I watched another interview recently on Mark Bell’s podcast. This Fbb named Amanda Kohatsu was on there talking about her married life. She talked about how she doesn’t like being at home, doesn’t want kids, always working out, being busy with her schedule/clothing business and that’s why she gets on so well with her partner. Her husband works in medicine. I am watching this thinking there’s no way her husband feels the same way.

Sep 03, 2022 - edited Sep 03, 2022 - permalink

Sure most of us on here have no experience to back our views up, but you are also are taking one persons experience and generalizing it to a whole group.

What we do there is a perfectly valid generalization. You don't have an argument. You're just whining. Pointing out a generalization is not an argument. You don't need to date every single female bodybuilder to understand that roids have side effects. Unless you are abysmally stupid, that is. Some people can even recognize the connection the first time they see it.

Or you still dreaming of the natural female bodybuilder with seventeen-inch biceps?

Probably everybody would date the girl on the video. But she is not what it was about.

To mikki99:

I was shocked and surprised by his comments. Sounded like every guy who doesn’t work out or go to the gym.

You are the one who has it backwards. Guys who don't work out or go to the gym have no clue about the things Ovi33 listed. They usually just think that bodybuilders are obsessive and not that attractive. There is no reason why they would know about the real downsides of the extreme bodybuilding lifestyle.

This is beginning to sound like some kind of muscle fantasy religion or muscle fantasy secret society. He who does not get the fantasy is clearly an outsider, a plebeian or a muggle. You probably expected him to sound like someone who has the fantasy.

Sep 04, 2022 - permalink

"I wonder why male bodybuilders are turned off by female bodybuilders despite both sharing similar goals, lifestyles?"

I am certain it is not always the case. I heard that sometimes they organize ... ahem ... private parties where they get together as a group to admire each other's physical appearance. That's just a rumor I heard but I really hope it's true.

Sep 04, 2022 - edited Sep 04, 2022 - permalink

I heard that sometimes they organize ... ahem ... private parties where they get together as a group to admire each other's physical appearance.

The word you are looking for is orgies. I strongly doubt the rules of engagement would be look but don't touch.

That's just a rumor I heard but I really hope it's true.

For the sake of your imagination? Or is there a chance you might be eligible to participate?

What does it mean if you are turned off by someone's personality but turned on by her body? A tragedy? Or nothing?

I actually have an idea where this all is coming from, but I was expecting to spell it out in another thread. But here goes:

The underlying motivation in lots of human behavior is fear of death. Not fear of dying immediately, by a known physical or violent cause, say a car crash or meteor strike, but a fear of having to die eventually. Turning twelve or thirteen is the earliest point at which a child is capable of understanding his separateness, his distance from others, the passage of time, his limited possibilities and also that his choices have consequences maybe years or decades from now. Also that those choices can rarely be perfect or ideal.

For some children and young adults this is simply too much, especially when there is nobody around to ease them in to youth and then adulthood. They need to find ways to avoid this awareness and deny their limits, their separateness and the passing of time. So what do they do? Some turn to booze. Some turn to street drugs. Some turn to sexual pleasure. Some turn to cults and some to computer games.

It has been said by some modern thinker that every orgasm is a small death. This conversely means that every sexual high is a small quest for immortality. With no reference to procreation but only to this denial of difference and distance. Here I realized that the other person's body always represents this sameness, no matter if the same or the other gender. The personality of the other represents difference and distance and therefore must be denied or neglected for the spell to take hold.

I found it strange that some call these women goddesses, but then I have found many different explanations for it. The obvious one here is that they offer a stronger denial of death than the average body. The visible side effects of roids are a hindrance, for how can something that offers immortality appear damaged? Some people solve this by making them into just another sign of power and limitlessness. I used to be able to appreciate veins, until something clued me in that often those too are a side effect. But the voice, the jaw, the gut and the extra hair I can't. And happily have never met the odor.

Imagine a smellyvision able to reproduce the odor of a roided female bodybuilder. But that too somebody could integrate into the fantasy. This only shows that the idea of immortality is not in the woman but inside the head of the person watching.

The mood swings and obsessive behaviors inevitably point to the woman having a personality quite unlike that of Galadriel or some other entirely placid and generous being. Therefore they potentially ruin the high. So the only solution is to deny their existence and imagine that suddenly all the hormones could have half their effects missing.

When it comes to procreation, it too is a failed attempt at immortality. Only parents who have accepted their own mortality to at least some degree can successfully raise children to accept theirs. The more the parents are in denial of their limits, the crazier and more damaged the children will end up. So the craziness will just multiply or someone must do the painful work of acceptance anyway.

Some parents have either been close to death or seen people die around them or both. If this has happened when they've been under the age of reason, they've quite likely been unable to process it. In the worst case this can make their every interaction with other people but especially their children into an attempt at denying either their own or the other person's limits and mortality.

Sep 04, 2022 - permalink

The word you are looking for is orgies. I strongly doubt the rules of engagement would be look but don't touch.

For the sake of your imagination? Or is there a chance you might be eligible to participate?

I didn't want to be too obvious ...

And, for the sake of imagination ... even if I was invited and encouraged to participate I would not because my own body is my biggest turn off. I could see the whole thing from a third person perspective and I would ruin the entire scene. It would offend my sense of aesthetics to get involved.

Sep 05, 2022 - permalink

More for the rest of us?

« first < prev Page 1 of 2 next > last »