Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Where do you fall on the spectrum of sthenolagnia and cratophilia?

Sep 09, 2022 - permalink

Sthenolagnia and cratolagnia (not "cratophilia") Probably I am in between a combination of the two, 65/35, being sthenolagnia my preference. I'm a muscle worship type guy, I like big, massive, shredded muscles but I also like she possess some degree of impressive strength to go along with them.

Sep 09, 2022 - permalink

100% Sthenolagnia.

Sep 10, 2022 - edited Sep 10, 2022 - permalink

Definitely sthenolagnia. A certain amount of strength goes with muscle, but I'm really into the aesthetic. I really don't care whether a woman is able to overpower me or not, (although it would not be a deal breaker). I love looking at attractive women and I've always found athletic women to be very attractive. I love looking at beautiful women who are not athletic/muscular as well. Haley Law is quite petite, but I think she's one of the most beautiful women in the world. Love me some Natasha Aughey and Angela Yeo as well. I used to think my attraction to muscular women was a fetish for me, but as time goes by I think it's just normal attraction. I just like the way they look and I enjoy looking at them just as I enjoy looking at any other beautiful woman.

Sep 10, 2022 - permalink

"Hey Siri What's Sthenolagnia?"

Sep 10, 2022 - permalink

i am more into the idea of the looks of muscles rather than the strength of them, maybe 90/10. i don’t get turned on by the thought of extremely strong woman alone, but it would be remiss to say i don’t think about what it would feel like to be with a strong woman. not in getting crushed per se just what it would feel like to feel her strength while hooking up. bust it’s definitely mostly the looks for me! displays of strength don’t really do anything for me, though some videos of women working out (there’s one of the red miss fit doing pull-ups that comes to mind) can be extremely sexy

Sep 10, 2022 - permalink

Would you really consider this a fetish? Kind of a discouraging term I just though of it as an odd preference.

If you just appreciate a fit woman and find them a little more attractive than the average or if you aren't picky and would happily have sex with a muscular woman or an average couch potato, then it is not a fetish.

If something about women with visible muscles and/or demonstrating strength causes you to get especially aroused and you seek out women like this, yeah, that is a fetish.

If, like me, you get a head rush and a huge dopamine surge from arm wrestling a girl who gives you a real challenge or even beats you, it's a fetish.

The thing is that "fetish" isn't a dirty word. Nor is it anything to be ashamed of. Fetishes are quite common and ours is far from the strangest, believe me. I'd go as far as to say 75-90% of people have a sexual fetish of some kind. Some are milder than others. Many people have yet to discover what theirs is much less had a chance to indulge it. But they are common.

Apparently I'm in the small minority here about being almost entirely crato. For me, it's all about fantasizing about her doing things that muscles imply she might be able to do. Muscles are just a bonus.

I can absolutely relate to that!

I love the muscles, but if I HAD to choose, I'd take strength every time. If it was between a lean fitness model type who had nicely toned biceps but wasn't remarkably strong and a woman with an "average" looking body at first glance who just happens to posess startling, unusual physical strength --- the strong one gets me WAY more excited. In fact, I love "discovering" women like that.

They're out there. Muscles are an indicator of strength but strength is NOT proportional or always relative to how visible a girls muscles are (or even how big they are!). If you arm wrestle and tussle and play, lift and carry with enough females you soon discover that it's not always easy to estimate strength from appearances.

I've also found that there is a major psychological component for females especially. It's incredibly frustrating to find a girl who clearly has meaty, muscular thighs or sinewy, thick forearms but just isn't at all aggressive or underestimates her own strength or tries to downplay it to be more "feminine". Ugh, what a tragedy that is! lol. By the same token, I've met a lot of girls who just believe they are strong and have good coordination or technique and they make the most of their strength and can really surprise the hell out of you. Honestly the effort alone is sexy to me. Even if a girl isn't crazy strong, watching (and especially feeling) her give it 110% is super sexy to me. Watching a girl who actually has some muscle and is likely stronger than average hold back and give it 25-30% is not only not sexy to me, it's super frustrating. I'd rather see a tiny, wiry girl just freak out and try and access that hidden power that lets mothers lift a car off their child for 30 seconds in a crisis situation LOL.

Arm wresting a small, fiesty waitress who isn't stronger than me and won't win is still an incredibly turn on for me IF she tries her hardest and gives me a good challenge. That's good stuff. The ultimate for me is a woman who can overpower me, but has to put in real effort to do it. I'd loved to arm wrestle Sarah Backman and I know it would be crazy exciting, but if she tries at all it's going to be over in 2 seconds. Arm wrestling a smaller, less skilled girl who can definitely beat me, but can't do it effortlessly is more exciting in some ways.

Who knows why. Maybe my masochist side wants to be humiliated a little but I don't want to look like a complete bitch? hahaha... Maybe it's the idea of competition and struggle that makes it sexier for me. I'm not going to offer Sarah Backman any struggle at all, I know that She could probably beat me even if she only used 2 or 3 fingers against my entire hand. Come to think of it, that might be a good way to even up the odds hahah.

Lift and carry is a lot like this too. I'm 5-ft-7 and about 170 lbs. Not a big guy. The reality is just about any average woman who is active and not tiny and frail or infirm, could easily give me a piggyback ride around the room, fireman carry me and most could even cradle lift me for at least a minute or two.

More often than not in my experience it comes down to whether or not the girl BELIEVES she can do it. Some girls jump right in with confidence and just do it. Others kind of make a half-assed effort expecting to fail or not wanting to appear to unfeminine. Thankfully times have changed though and girls are less shy than ever about displaying physical strength.

Same goes for arm wrestling with random girls/women. The ones who actually kind of know how to arm wrestle or at least REALLY try to beat you are the most fun by far.

Anyway, the point is, I get it. I'm not a 50-50 guy. I'm not sure what my percentages are, but I definitely lead with the cratophilia. Muscles are beautiful, aesthetically pleasing and the tactile senstation of touching/squeezing them is absolutely arousing for me -- but a large part of that IS because I associate them with strength. I love a girl with big muscular legs. Because her legs look and feel amazing, but that is secondary to the idea that big muscular legs indicates to my subconscious "this girl can squeeze you like a tube of toothpaste" LOL

I've also found that there is a major psychological component for females especially. It's incredibly frustrating to find a girl who clearly has meaty, muscular thighs or sinewy, thick forearms but just isn't at all aggressive or underestimates her own strength or tries to downplay it to be more "feminine". Ugh, what a tragedy that is! lol. By the same token, I've met a lot of girls who just believe they are strong and have good coordination or technique and they make the most of their strength and can really surprise the hell out of you. Honestly the effort alone is sexy to me. Even if a girl isn't crazy strong, watching (and especially feeling) her give it 110% is super sexy to me. Watching a girl who actually has some muscle and is likely stronger than average hold back and give it 25-30% is not only not sexy to me, it's super frustrating. I'd rather see a tiny, wiry girl just freak out and try and access that hidden power that lets mothers lift a car off their child for 30 seconds in a crisis situation LOL.

I can definitely relate to this! My excitement for strength feats is pretty much directly proportional to how difficult it is for them to complete. A girl making feats look effortless can be impressive but I'd get much more excited seeing that incredibly strong girl pulling off a feat that takes her to her absolute limit.

And there's nothing worse than a girl who is clearly super strong but is too proud to show themselves struggling and giving real effort.

Sep 11, 2022 - permalink

I am just fascinated by how FBBs look, and also how/why they want to look like that. How much they can lift is not at all interesting for me personally.

Sep 12, 2022 - permalink

I didn't mean to suggest that 'fetish' is a dirty word at all. It's that with time I've come to realise that I'm no more or less attracted to female bodybuilders than I am to any other women.

Sep 12, 2022 - permalink

In my case, I have a fascination for a strange mixture of feminity, strength and muscularity. I am really attracted by all the symbols of a suposed women PHYSICAL SUPERIORITY : height, size of muscles, vascularity, strength performance, both big boobs or muscular pecs have a big effect on me. I specially love muscles comparison when a woman is with no doubt stonger than a man (Chris Goy videos are perfect)

Sep 12, 2022 - permalink

I'm about 90% sthenolagnia and 10% cratolagnia.

Muscles, for me are undoubtedly incomplete without strength, but I mainly like the appearnce and hardness of muscle.

Sep 12, 2022 - permalink

Nowhere, because both of those words have always grossed me out. They're visually unappealing and I cannot imagine they sound very pleasant either. I remember someone saying the s-word to me once and my stomach is turning right now thinking about that experience of hearing it.

Sep 13, 2022 - permalink

Nowhere, because both of those words have always grossed me out. They're visually unappealing and I cannot imagine they sound very pleasant either. I remember someone saying the s-word to me once and my stomach is turning right now thinking about that experience of hearing it.

Hahaha I get it. I don't think anyone uses them in casual conversation. I just don't know of any other single word which precisely defines these things, so I use the terms that exist.

Sep 14, 2022 - permalink

I like the strength first, then the muscles. My enjoyment of the muscle comes from my admiration of the strength. Like damn those muscles look nice, but can you lift me over your head? I like the comment above "this girl can squeeze you like a tube of toothpaste." I'm also very competitively driven from sports too.

Sep 14, 2022 - permalink

Hahaha I get it. I don't think anyone uses them in casual conversation. I just don't know of any other single word which precisely defines these things, so I use the terms that exist.

But why adopt usage such unappealing terms? We can literally create our own shit. Even musclephilia/musclophilia would be better than that other thing. I mean, it's your thread and you can put it however you want, but cooler-sounding words would help the cause.

Sep 14, 2022 - permalink

Yea i dislike those words too they sound too similar to certain other things some guys are into that are very gross but i guess it sounds better in Greek.

Sep 14, 2022 - permalink

But why adopt usage such unappealing terms? We can literally create our own shit. Even musclephilia/musclophilia would be better than that other thing. I mean, it's your thread and you can put it however you want, but cooler-sounding words would help the cause.

You're seriously going to shit on someone for using actual scientific terms?

Why go to school at all? Why read? We can literally create our own shit. Literally!

Sep 14, 2022 - permalink

You're seriously going to shit on someone for using actual scientific terms?

Why go to school at all? Why read? We can literally create our own shit. Literally!

If the guys on this site are the ones who actually have these specific types of attractions, what is your rational basis for suggesting we should have no say in determining the associated terms and language used to describe and discuss said attractions?

Oct 05, 2022 - permalink

Around 50/50 I think. I guess I'd like a girl who is very thick with muscle and curvy but also a girl who can effortlessly lift me overhead. This is just a fantasy tho idk.

Oct 15, 2022 - permalink

A surprisingly hard question. After some thoughts I would say something like 60 % strength/40 % muscles or 55 % strength/45 % muscles. However this position has often changed. At first I was 100 % strength until some movies (including Ballistic with Cory Everson) began to change it to almost 100 % muscles (at that point abs were my favorite female muscle part). Now it is more balanced and I know my preferences for muscles and strength are intertwined: If I see a clip of a girl showing her strength I would like to see a flex too. If I see a clip/photo of a new (unnamed) woman on this site I would think about her strength, too. But after all I think I would rather prefer strength over muscle than the opposite.

As for the domination part of strength-philia my interest shifted from f/m-domination towards f/f-domination in the recent years. For example the arm wrestling clip of Ninja Nancy and her average opponent (from herbiceps.com) was very good and I would have liked to see more like this. Also when looking through youtube-channels with lot of (cat)fight and wrestling-scenes from movies and series I would look for strength feats (mostly lifting, throwing) first and then for visible muscles. But I would prefer to see both at the same time, of course.

Oct 16, 2022 - permalink

This a thought one and I share many points made here.

It is something kind of related in a back and forth manner, so I see a GWM and that really sets my attention, then according to the muscles presented I start fantasizing about her strenght.

I noticed I stopped being in awe with models that weren't so overall big, I mean I cared more about absolut size, or overall big, athletic physique, than just some fbb that rellies in some toned muscle groups and good posing. So if the model isn't even flexing and she is already big and muscular, like with a great core build.

So nowadays maybe I saw some fbb that aren more like regular girl-fit model kind of body, I prefer the weird bulkyness, and to imagine how strong she is.

It is like it really varies, and it is an intertwined thing. But I would say 60 % muscles /40 % strenght or even 70 % muscles / 30 % strenght. To me, in the end it is really important to imagine the overal strenght, but I guess I always enjoy the muscle show even if I can see that the girl isn't really that strong.

« first < prev Page 3 of 3 next > last »