Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Where do you fall on the spectrum of sthenolagnia and cratophilia?

Sep 01, 2022 - permalink

For me, shapes and curves. I don't find oversized bodies attractive. And a strong girl who doesn't looks lean is not my cup of tea.

But I think I don't exactly fall into cratophilia category because I don't want to feel dominate or overpowered by girls, witch is an important part of the category. I prefer a kind of body's harmony between us.

Sep 01, 2022 - permalink

I don't quite know where I fall. I would think I'm at 100% sthenolagnia since a woman's strength has never turned me on, and I see muscles on a woman as a natural extension of feminine curves. However, my favorite look for a woman is buff, with large muscles and a layer of fluffy fat overtop, which is typically emblematic of strength.

cgsweat
Sep 01, 2022 - permalink

The way I look at it, and I'm not sure everyone who claims to be 100% stheno has considered this:

If you imagine meeting your favorite FBB and you shake hands and she has a weak grip, or if you ask to armwrestle and you beat her with ease, or if you see her struggling to lift 5 lb weights... wouldn't you be disappointed?

fp909
Sep 01, 2022 - permalink

The way I look at it, and I'm not sure everyone who claims to be 100% stheno has considered this:

If you imagine meeting your favorite FBB and you shake hands and she has a weak grip, or if you ask to armwrestle and you beat her with ease, or if you see her struggling to lift 5 lb weights... wouldn't you be disappointed?

i mean i'm often disappointed when I see a woman that's huge that gets beat by a smaller woman, and it looks for real.

Sep 01, 2022 - permalink

It reminds where a bunch of athletes of serveral backgrounds mostly female but also a few strong looking men did the water mellon challenge to see who could do it the fastest

but to everyones surprise the sknniest dancer girl that barley looked muscular crushed it instantly with no effort while the big women and even the men took minutes to do it and some even failed completely.

Sep 01, 2022 - permalink

Would you really consider this a fetish? Kind of a discouraging term I just though of it as an odd preference.

Sep 01, 2022 - permalink

Yea it's a fetish most men are not into this.

Sep 01, 2022 - permalink

Intellectually disappointed, yes. But it's not a turn-off. Though I understand the concept. If she's good at grappling or martial arts, that's a turn-on, even if the woman isn't visibly muscular.

Sep 01, 2022 - edited Sep 01, 2022 - permalink

I don't know how to categorize myself. I want to say I'm 50/50 but.. I find strength appealing even without visable muscle. For example an average looking woman who is crazy strong, very appealing.

But impressive looking muscles without strength, pretty much zero appeal.. Although I think that would be a rare case.

Sep 01, 2022 - permalink

Thanks for the responses guys, this has been super interesting for me!

Sep 01, 2022 - permalink

Yep.

I have personal experience, I met Karla Nelsen for a session back in her prime and her grip strength was disappointing. I assumed she'd be able to make me wince, but it was perfectly ordinary. Now I realize there's no reason it would be supernatural unless she was specifically training for that or doing a sport that requires it, like rock climbing or arm wrestling. Now a skilled lady rock climber will make you wince with her grip, that I can verify LOL.

Sep 01, 2022 - permalink

To answer this, I do lift, so I would honestly expect to be stronger than the average FBB (though I guess in this logical extreme I would instead worry about her health if she couldn't lift a 5 lb weight), and I think that is the root of why it doesn't turn me on. As other people have said, the domination aspect that is often bundled in doesn't appeal to me, so if she is stronger I would feel more attraction towards the woman and her work ethic than just her muscles. The main draw about muscular women for me is the combination of aesthetic appeal and the mindset to improve oneself.

This is not to say that muscular women are the only thing I find attractive. A skinny woman and a buff woman can be hot, but I have a preference for one in the same way that I have a preference for blondes over brunettes.

cgsweat
Sep 01, 2022 - permalink

To answer this, I do lift, so I would honestly expect to be stronger than the average FBB (though I guess in this logical extreme I would instead worry about her health if she couldn't lift a 5 lb weight), and I think that is the root of why it doesn't turn me on. As other people have said, the domination aspect that is often bundled in doesn't appeal to me, so if she is stronger I would feel more attraction towards the woman and her work ethic than just her muscles. The main draw about muscular women for me is the combination of aesthetic appeal and the mindset to improve oneself.

This is not to say that muscular women are the only thing I find attractive. A skinny woman and a buff woman can be hot, but I have a preference for one in the same way that I have a preference for blondes over brunettes.

When I wrote that, those examples I used weren't really meant to be debunked (yeah, 5 lb is probably too light, maybe I was exaggerating), but rather illustrate a point that when someone (not necessarily singling you out, but anyone making this claim) claims to be 100% stheno, it is also implied that they have 0% interest in strength (crato). You do, however, mention that "if she is stronger I would feel more attraction towards the woman and her work ethic than just her muscles," which leads me to believe that there is an attraction to her strength, in some non-0% capacity.

I tend to be direct, but I hope this doesn't sound harsh or anything because that's also not my intention.

Sep 01, 2022 - edited Sep 02, 2022 - permalink

I am about 50/50 in both camps. I love the look of muscular women. The v-back, deltoids, ripped abs and separated quads as well as other aspects are all visually appealing to me but not enough. Tight contact and interacting with feminine muscles completes the fantasy. There is nothing more exhilarating for me than a sweaty and sensual session with a buff and strong woman and experiencing her strength. Of course it also helps if she is pretty, smart and witty. Not asking for too much am I ?

Sep 01, 2022 - permalink

Interesting topic! And it would be even more interesting to see how different people would rate a single pic/or vid for both of these characteristics!

Sep 01, 2022 - permalink

Apparently I'm in the small minority here about being almost entirely crato. For me, it's all about fantasizing about her doing things that muscles imply she might be able to do. Muscles are just a bonus.

Sep 01, 2022 - permalink

To me it's all about the look. Of course I expect women who have muscles to be strong, but I dont really care how strong they are.

To me it's all about the look. Of course I expect women who have muscles to be strong, but I dont really care how strong they are.

This is a pretty good summary of my feelings as well

You do, however, mention that "if she is stronger I would feel more attraction towards the woman and her work ethic than just her muscles," which leads me to believe that there is an attraction to her strength, in some non-0% capacity

I'll start by saying I don't think you're being harsh at all, and I like this discussion. However, I do want to expand on what I said because I didn't explain it well. What I meant is that a woman being strong is not a turn-on by virtue of itself. This might be a little too crass, but I'm attracted to muscle like I'm attracted to breasts; it's a subconcious urge. If a woman is smart or funny, those are attractive qualities but they don't evoke the same feeling that seeing a woman in a bikini does. For those examples, as well as strength, it's attraction that's one step removed from the monkey brain reaction that butts or boobs elicit. Strength is a positive quality in a person and thus is attractive, but I see a muscular woman and I just think her body is nice. I separate instinctive arousal and the qualities I find attractive as very distinct things, so it's the fetishized nature of muscle in my mind that makes me say I'm 0% crato. It would not turn me on to see a woman deadlift 500 pounds, but I would still see that as an attractive quality in her.

> > Compared to men most of them have the strength of teen boys which is why it's really cringey to me to watch stuff like FBB mixed wrestling videos, it's just not exciting at all it's roleplay.

Eh... I hear what you're saying, though I wouldn't go as far as to say most have the strength of teen boys. Look ups some stats on strength of average men and women who aren't athletes at different ages etc. You will quickly find that most female bodybuilders who aren't tiny lightweights are at least as strong as the average adult male and lots of them are stronger. But I'm more impressed with crossfitters strength than anything else these days. Mal O'Brien is a 17 year old girl who can clean and jerk 245 lbs. Most adult men cannot do that, much less teenage boys. I've been working out since I was a teen and I've never put up more than 135 lbs with clean form at all. Here are the standards for adult male clean and jerk if you want a point of reference for that 245 lb lift. She's 135 lbs btw. That lift puts her above the "advanced" category for MALE adult lifters and almost into the elite category. And she's 17. There are dozens of girls her age or younger putting up over 200 lbs. 20-30 years ago a woman who could clean and jerk more than 125-130 lbs wasn't common, now you can find a few in almost every gym lol. Just sayin'. But I do agree that female bodybuilders strength doesn't always live up to what their muscles might suggest. They don't all train for strength, but some do.

Powerlifters and cross fitters aren't the same thing because bodybuilders put the majority of their focus on building mass while female atheltes (powerlifters/crossfitters) put focus on strength which is why body building could never be a olympic sport.

I agree with you about the strength of female athletes though which is why I brought up sheena.

fp909 mentioned hybrids and I'm pretty sure she is one I say pretty sure because I dont know if shes continued with her judo training, she was a beast at one point. 😳

> Fbb are rarely strong

I think you'll see a nice shift soon now that enough people have proven that you can run a hybrid program and still be crazy strong and be a bodybuilding pro. I actually feel like athletes who come FROM powerlifting first would be better long term, as they're patient from powerlifting. once you get past early training games it's a matter of diminishing returns, and I feel like they're more likely to wait awhile between shows instead of doing 3-4 shows a season hoping to make pro, or place in pro shows.

Totally agree things will be really interesting in 20 years because of the internet more and more women are becoming comfortable with the idea of muscle and strength.

cgsweat
Sep 01, 2022 - permalink

Strength is a positive quality in a person and thus is attractive, but I see a muscular woman and I just think her body is nice. I separate instinctive arousal and the qualities I find attractive as very distinct things, so it's the fetishized nature of muscle in my mind that makes me say I'm 0% crato.

Alright that makes sense. Thanks for taking the time to explain.

Sep 01, 2022 - permalink

I'm about 60:40 (muscle v. strength) and hooked on muscles as an indication of strength. Being lean indicates more strength to me (somewhat opposite of reality).

Regarding a fetish, everything that attracts us is a fetish in my view. Smile, hair, a kind word, a dirty word, feet, nails, hips, breasts, muscles (even specific ones)... it's only a matter of how common a given attractor is. On the other side of this are the detractors... turn-offs. Many of these come from the same list. Women who try to push every attractor button at the same time are a detractor for me (and probably an indication that they have a self-image issue... I suspect this is somewhat common in bodybuilders of both sexes).

Sep 01, 2022 - permalink

Regarding a fetish, everything that attracts us is a fetish in my view. Smile, hair, a kind word, a dirty word, feet, nails, hips, breasts, muscles (even specific ones)... it's only a matter of how common a given attractor is.

Thats a interesting way of looking at it, I always viewed a fetish as sexual act not a looks based thing. But it could just be my own personal way to self justify that what I am into is acceptable.

Sep 02, 2022 - permalink

yeah I would be disappointed.... but if she beat me, 100% i would not be sexually aroused at all.

Sep 02, 2022 - permalink

I always viewed a fetish as sexual act not a looks based thing. But it could just be my own personal way to self justify that what I am into is acceptable.

If you're not hurting anybody or breaking the law everything you're into is acceptable. Call it fetish/preference/taste/kink whatever it's all grey area imo.

Sep 02, 2022 - permalink

I err towards strength but obviously the dream girl is a combination of the two. It did really put a dent in my view of Kalli Shepherd for instance when she came out with probably the worst performance ever in HerBiceps' metal plank bending challenge.

« first < prev Page 2 of 3 next > last »