Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

2022 Ms Olympia

Dec 18, 2022 - permalink

Btw,how Jacqueline rios performed in this Olympia?? anybody has any idea??

Dec 18, 2022 - permalink

I've looked at the physique and there is a large volume of muscle, but a person does not simply "go back to work in the lab" and come out with Shanique Grant's symmetry. Some genetics and physiology can be overcome vs the field, but at the elite levels of bodybuilding competition, aesthetic potential is never going to be the same for everyone no matter how much each individual has worked. When on the stage, one can only present what she's got that day and hope she's displaying her entire package in a way that maximizes what is there, and minimizes what is not.

There are many thousands of women training and competing. Calling #7 in the world "last" is a laughable attempt to insult. That's not very nice, nor is it accurate. You can say you don't like her physique or even that "6 other women were better that day", but you're over there acting like she came out of shape and embarrassed herself onstage and that most definitely did NOT happen.

Dec 18, 2022 - permalink

Is this about Alyssa Kiessling's story where she is saying people clowned on her for placing outside top 10 last year but those people didn't place inside the top 10 this year? even though she wasn't even there at all? LMAO

She mic-dropped a few heads, for sure. There were others posting their live stream watch parties and associated commentary. Yikes!

Dec 18, 2022 - permalink

The way I look at it, I’d you’re already considered one of the best, aka you’re confident you make first call outs, everyone else is irrelevant. the size of the class only matters when you’re at the bottom of it. “I came in 16th in a stacked class of 30” well ya didn’t do to good.

So if you think you’re going to make top 10 that’s your bar. Outside is a failure. 6th is bottom half. I don’t even think there should be awards for 4th or 5th.

No placing in the O is a failure. You're a success just by qualifying. It's the top bodies on earth.

Dec 18, 2022 - permalink

No placing in the O is a failure. You're a success just by qualifying. It's the top bodies on earth.

I agree. You can place dead last at the Olympia...it's still the Olympia. You made it to a stage most can only dream about and will never make it to.

Dec 18, 2022 - permalink

I agree. You can place dead last at the Olympia...it's still the Olympia. You made it to a stage most can only dream about and will never make it to.

This is like making the Olympic trials as a distance runner (USA) and then not making it to the Top 3, the Olympic team. How many runners can even say that? It's quite an achievement by itself. So, yes, qualifying for Ms O is a big deal in term of perspective. It means, those who make the cut and qualify for Ms O are World Class. How many are allowed in has been discussed already on this thread and it's a good debate. The numbers should be lower IMO which would really define "Elite" or World Class.

Dec 18, 2022 - permalink

Btw,how Jacqueline rios performed in this Olympia?? anybody has any idea??

Think she came in 11th

fp909
Dec 18, 2022 - edited Dec 18, 2022 - permalink

There are many thousands of women training and competing. Calling #7 in the world "last" is a laughable attempt to insult. That's not very nice, nor is it accurate. You can say you don't like her physique or even that "6 other women were better that day", but you're over there acting like she came out of shape and embarrassed herself onstage and that most definitely did NOT happen.

You misunderstand what I mean. I'm coming from the perspective of the athlete and how they feel about their placing

I think she should’ve made the top 5 this year. I believe she thinks so too. This is not a case of someone who edged qualifying through points. She belongs in that elite crop.

She’s managed to get this far but can she get over this hump? Mona worked all year and didn’t improve her placing. In fact she fell out of the top 10.

Michaela certainly has a lot of tools. Mass, some shapes, development, and her conditioning is usually along the best. But if she truly thought she belonged in the top 5 (or just to improve her lot from last year) and didn’t, in the short term she might be heated at the result. Being in the top 10 puts her among the elite, but personally she may have that competitors bug and not feel the same way as the woman next to her

fp909
Dec 18, 2022 - permalink

She mic-dropped a few heads, for sure. There were others posting their live stream watch parties and associated commentary. Yikes!

oh lmao i didn't see much of the IG commentary as it was going on, I don't follow too many people and had gone to the reporting sites for updates although I kind of gave up after the delay started and had to check hours later.

Dec 18, 2022 - permalink

This is like making the Olympic trials as a distance runner (USA) and then not making it to the Top 3, the Olympic team. How many runners can even say that? It's quite an achievement by itself. So, yes, qualifying for Ms O is a big deal in term of perspective. It means, those who make the cut and qualify for Ms O are World Class. How many are allowed in has been discussed already on this thread and it's a good debate. The numbers should be lower IMO which would really define "Elite" or World Class.

This is why I'm never bummed when my My faves don't win. They're at a point in their career where they're winning and can keep being big, keep having that drive. That's what I care about.

Dec 18, 2022 - edited Dec 18, 2022 - permalink

There arent thousands of women training and competing to be top lvl open bodybuilders. Lol. The competition literally DIED for a number of years due to lack of women. Some lesser comps have like 1-3 competitors. Yes. #7 is practically last..

Anyways regardless you jus look at women like Andrea and its way more pleasing. Size wont overcome it 🤷‍♂️

Dec 19, 2022 - permalink

YoU'rE nOt UnDeRsTaNdInG. Dude please.

NOBODY IS ON THAT STAGE FOR FINANCIAL INCENTIVES.

Jeeze who pissed in your cornflakes this morning? Look I’m just giving you reasons. There has to be incentives first of all. And then the whole “participation trophy” thing kinda comes into play when you just keep adding divisions to fit so many different looks. So in the long run that would definitely kill competition. I don’t know about you but I want to see MORE muscular women, not less.

Dec 24, 2022 - permalink

Just passing by to say: the Ms.O 2023 will have my beloved Sherry Priami. For me, she will be in the top 5, at least.

Dec 25, 2022 - permalink

Just passing by to say: the Ms.O 2023 will have my beloved Sherry Priami. For me, she will be in the top 5, at least.

Are you just saying that cuz she’s one of your favorites or you actually think she’ll place that high?

Dec 28, 2022 - permalink

Are you just saying that cuz she’s one of your favorites or you actually think she’ll place that high?

I believe in both options, actually. Her potential is very high and I believe she should win a good part of what she will compete for in 2023.

Dec 28, 2022 - permalink

Sherry’s got a lot of mass but she’s got a thick waist. Needs more width in her back and thighs to offset it. Maybe

fp909
Dec 28, 2022 - permalink

Well it looks like the significant change I wanted is happening. No more nickel and filing your way to the big stage.

Dec 29, 2022 - permalink

Is this any different from the 2022 rules?

Dec 29, 2022 - permalink

Well it looks like the significant change I wanted is happening. No more nickel and filing your way to the big stage.

They needed to change, but I think this is too restrictive. What if a competitor wins multiple shows early in the year? I'm afraid we will only have maybe 6 competitors at most. At least it will keep from having to sit through 40 bikini and Wellness competitors.

fp909
Dec 29, 2022 - permalink

Is this any different from the 2022 rules?

They were allowing people to qualify on a points basis, not jsut show wins.

fp909
Dec 29, 2022 - permalink

if someone schedules 2 shows and wins/qualifies in the first and still does the second show and wins, they should pass the qualification on to second place.

It might make people think twice about how many shows they do or when they do them.

Dec 29, 2022 - permalink

They were allowing people to qualify on a points basis, not jsut show wins. 👍🏻

Dec 29, 2022 - permalink

They needed to change, but I think this is too restrictive. What if a competitor wins multiple shows early in the year? I'm afraid we will only have maybe 6 competitors at most. At least it will keep from having to sit through 40 bikini and Wellness competitors.

The guys and girls who have done the math say this new system would have meant 3 fewer class in this year's Olympia.

I'm saying there should only be a handful of Olympia qualifying events per year.

fp909
Dec 29, 2022 - permalink

Looks like this already has ripples. Chelsea Dion said she’s out for 2023 since she did a lot of shows this year and if this rules in place better to take time off, rest, grow, and target 2024

« first < prev Page 8 of 9 next > last »