« first < prev Page 9 of 10 next > last »
Aug 24, 2022 - permalink
Deleted by cgsweat
Aug 24, 2022 - permalink
Deleted by cgsweat
Aug 25, 2022 - permalink
Deleted by damagecontrol
Aug 25, 2022 - permalink

I'm not a big fan of this filter thing, either, but I will be glad if it gets rid of the never ending

"Name?"

"Name?"

"Name?"

"Name?"

"Name?"

"Name?"

garbage. Geez.

Sorry for this the filter seems not to work , seen a lot of this NAME comment recently

Aug 25, 2022 - permalink

> This will be interesting. Soon there will be a flood of complaints asking why 🍆💦 isn't allowed.

As there should be. Free expression is the hallmark of a free society. All I see here is an eggplant and 3 drops of water. Gee, are we going to be offended by that? It is time to grow a skin.

Thanks for the laugh!

Aug 26, 2022 - permalink

On Kittybitcosplay's pic

I tried to comment-- "Wow, muscles, pretty face, AND a huge nerd. What more could a man want?" Tried three times with different words, couldn't get it accepted.

Aug 27, 2022 - permalink

I replied to a Noof Yusuf image with "Sexy and she knows it!" Not acceptable. Ridiculous.

Aug 27, 2022 - edited Aug 27, 2022 - permalink

I replied to a Noof Yusuf image with "Sexy and she knows it!" Not acceptable. Ridiculous.

It is unacceptable and ridiculous to pretend to know what the other person thinks. So I am glad that comment was rejected.

The overarching theme in this comments debate seems to be that some people think that the comments exist for them to express an imaginary self and an imaginary relationship with the woman in the picture. "I'm a savvy chad, hey! That's my girl."

In reality the comments are supposed to help and inform other users of the site. People should use a notepad for their fantasies. Why would anyone else need to witness them?

Added a bit later:

Like I wrote in another discussion, people generally look at these pictures in order to create a fantasy encounter with the woman. I could enumerate eight different types of encounters. In one or two of these eight the woman wishes to seduce you in some way or welcome your attention. "Sexy and she knows it" actually means in this context "she wishes that I would think she's sexy".

Not "I admire her". Otherwise one could say "I think she is sexy". But "she wants me to admire her". So the comment is actually about the commenter, not the woman. You can't tell this by the pronouns used, as in "she is", "I think" or "she knows", but by asking if what is said is true in reality or true in fantasy. Reality is usually about what is said but fantasy is usually about the person who says it.

Aug 27, 2022 - permalink

I tried to tell Chainer that an arbitrary comment filter would be a disaster.

It's also a bad data management strategy. Comment data is extremely valuable for future analysis and tagging, you don't want to mess with it.

The idea to sanitize the comments on a site like this is also silly.

[deleted]
Aug 27, 2022 - permalink

Just reading Zarklephaser's mental gymnastics to rationalize the filter is entertaining.

You vying for a mod position, Zark?

Chainer
Aug 27, 2022 - permalink

If you are trying to convince me that the filter has been a net negative, saying "the filter blocked my [generic low-effort comment that it was designed to block]!" is not exactly the foolproof argument you imagine it to be...

To the filter detractors, let me turn this around on you. The overall attitude I am getting from you is that you feel entitled to post any and all thoughts onto the site, no matter how inane or uninteresting they may be to other users. So: why should you get to do this? Why should you get to cheaply bump images to the front page and spam people with notifications for your comment that took zero thought and less than a second to type out?

Sorry for this the filter seems not to work , seen a lot of this NAME comment recently

There used to be an exception in the filter to be more permissive when you were asking for the name because I thought that was a useful type of comment, but I now think I was wrong about that, so I have removed this exception.

Aug 27, 2022 - permalink
Deleted by cgsweat
Aug 28, 2022 - permalink
Deleted by cgsweat
Aug 28, 2022 - edited Aug 28, 2022 - permalink
Deleted by cgsweat
Aug 28, 2022 - permalink
Deleted by cgsweat
Aug 28, 2022 - permalink
Deleted by cgsweat
Aug 28, 2022 - permalink
Deleted by damagecontrol
Chainer
Aug 28, 2022 - permalink

How would you as for a name?

You just don't, because it doesn't do anything. Approximately 0 people who fill out the name field do it only because there's a comment saying "name?" under a pic.

(Also in the future I would appreciate you putting your replies into a single post rather than bumping the thread 4 times)

Aug 28, 2022 - permalink

Just reading Zarklephaser's mental gymnastics to rationalize the filter is entertaining.

You vying for a mod position, Zark?

You would think so. He is completely insufferable.

fp909
Aug 28, 2022 - permalink

You would think so. He is completely insufferable.

Pot meet kettle in this whole thread 🙄

Aug 28, 2022 - permalink

You just don't, because it doesn't do anything. Approximately 0 people who fill out the name field do it only because there's a comment saying "name?" under a pic.

(Also in the future I would appreciate you putting your replies into a single post rather than bumping the thread 4 times)

Maybe it's not an incentive alone for someone to start researching but I think it shows people are interested and sometimes it kickstarts debates.

"Who is the?"

"She looks like X"

"Nah, can't be X, she's too tall. Maybe an older picture of Y?"

There's also mysterious posters like tempp who put the first name in the name of the picture (indicating they probably know the full name or a tag) and I always hoped it would at least be seen by them.

Chainer
Aug 28, 2022 - permalink

The filter doesn't actually block you from asking for the name. It just no longer has a specific exception that makes it extra permissive for those types of comments.

Aug 28, 2022 - permalink

The filter doesn't actually block you from asking for the name. It just no longer has a specific exception that makes it extra permissive for those types of comments.

But I suppose it takes into account if you asked previously in a certain timeframe. Does it consider deleted comments too?

Yesterday I asked who someone was. Then found out myself, returned to the original post, tagged her and removed my comment.

Later I found myself on another post, wanted to ask the magic question but couldn't, no matter how I phrased it or how much other stuff I said. Surely enough, in the meantime someone asked "Who's this".

Aug 28, 2022 - permalink
Deleted by damagecontrol
« first < prev Page 9 of 10 next > last »