Forum > Announcements > Thread

New image comment quality filter

« first < prev Page 10 of 10 next > last »
Chainer
Aug 28, 2022 - permalink

The comment filter does not consider other people's comments at all when deciding whether to allow yours through.

Aug 28, 2022 - permalink

The filter doesn't actually block you from asking for the name. It just no longer has a specific exception that makes it extra permissive for those types of comments.

My objection about "Name?" is that all too often, someone inquires about the name, and then a bunch of other folks ask the same question. Maybe they think that there is strength in numbers or something. There's no reason to ask a question (any question) more than once. Personally, I almost never ask about a name since if I am just patient, someone will often fill it in eventually. And, do I really need to know a woman's name? No, not at all.

Aug 28, 2022 - permalink
Deleted by cgsweat
Aug 28, 2022 - permalink
Deleted by cgsweat
Aug 28, 2022 - permalink

The comment filter does not consider other people's comments at all when deciding whether to allow yours through.

Clearly, but it considers yours, even when deleted. Anyway, don't wanna push this further as I'm sure there's more reasons for it working on deleted comments too than not.

My main plea was for asking for names on different posts.

Aug 28, 2022 - permalink

My objection about "Name?" is that all too often, someone inquires about the name, and then a bunch of other folks ask the same question. Maybe they think that there is strength in numbers or something. There's no reason to ask a question (any question) more than once. Personally, I almost never ask about a name since if I am just patient, someone will often fill it in eventually. And, do I really need to know a woman's name? No, not at all.

Well, the strength in numbers sometimes is about keeping the post in the recently commented section I guess, or reviving an old forgotten unknown. I have seen masive community detective efforts carried out to tag certain girls in this way. At the end of the day you don't have to really really know a name, but I guess one of the purposes of this site is to be an organized database and if they all were unknowns this would basically be Pinterest.

Aug 28, 2022 - permalink

> > You would think so. He is completely insufferable.

No. You are. I hope that this is the intent of the filter.

I quite like the idea of pulling eachothers comment history to trash talk. After examining my own, I'd like to start with myself:

It's clear I just want the sauce, man

Aug 28, 2022 - permalink
Deleted by cgsweat
cgsweat
Aug 28, 2022 - permalink

Please don't bump threads multiple times if no one else has replied. In the future you can edit your comment to condense your replies.

Aug 28, 2022 - permalink
Deleted by cgsweat
cgsweat
Aug 28, 2022 - permalink

Worthless comments are also unacceptable. There is no useful commentary taking place. Locking the thread unless Chainer deems it necessary to keep it open.

Thread locked by cgsweat.
« first < prev Page 10 of 10 next > last »