Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Who's a female bodybuilder you overlooked until they started putting on size?

Aug 19, 2022 - permalink

Wendy Fortino. I didn't exactly overlook her, but over the last 12 months she has really grabbed my attention with her extra muscle.

She's been around the scene for 10 years, some clicked this year...

Aug 19, 2022 - permalink

All of them lol

Same. Basically take every average-sized fit lady and then add 20 lbs of muscle. This short youtube clip is my exact reaction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYKBXut7_cI

Sep 04, 2022 - permalink
Deleted by rutabaga22
Sep 04, 2022 - permalink

I overlooked Kristina Nicole 6 years ago, when she was just a pretty fitgirl with awesome legs. During this 6 year period, she added much more muscle mass that I did (I train myself almost everyday, but I use no other "gear" than coffee.)

Sep 04, 2022 - permalink

She's been around the scene for 10 years, some clicked this year...

I agree. Something clicked with Wendy Fortino this year. Her physique STAYS jacked and pumped now, not just getting ready for shows. I have no clue what she's done but I love it! She's personally been one of my favs for a long time but this year, she has went a new level!

Sep 25, 2022 - permalink

Jenn Aguirre

Never a fan of the ink ideally, but when you're starting to pack the sort of shape that she is lately, I can more than admire her look.

Oct 22, 2022 - edited Oct 22, 2022 - permalink

A long time ago there was a woman named Christina Rhodes (also known as Christina Sondgroth) who for a long time had kind of a figure/physique hybrid look. This was around 2007/2008.

Fast forward to 2011 and I hadn't really kept track of her in that time. But there's backstage footage of her at a show where she was massive and shredded like a heavyweight bodybuilder! I can't upload this here because it does come from usamuscle.com (paysite). I can tell you I was pleasantly shocked upon seeing her gains, and never expected her to get that big. In 2008 I had just assumed she already peaked.

I don't know if she is on social media nowadays but I would imagine she is retired now.

I met her a while back, maybe 2011 or maybe before. She was just splitting up with her powerlifter husband Collin Rhodes. She looked huge to me, but I didn't see her on two different occasions so I couldn't make a comparison. She was very sweet and did a spontaneous flex for me so I could take a picture.

[deleted]
Oct 25, 2022 - permalink

Julia Forey

Oct 26, 2022 - permalink

> Lol what's crazy is that her size prior to the downsize would fit in better with WPD than her actual WPD look

Oh yeah! Definitely! Cindy at her absolute prime is only a bit bigger than Dani Reardon in her prime, for example. Damn. Now that is something I would kill to see and have all to myself. 😏

Of course, Dani would get to me at any size, and of course currently as a non-FBB.

« first < prev Page 3 of 3 next > last »