Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Kristen Stewart in female bodybuilding movie

Apr 27, 2022 - permalink

Why WOULD they? The story (the main part of a movie) is written for lesbian audiences, not schmoes. Kind of rude to take that from them.

thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you

Apr 27, 2022 - permalink

Did you guys have seen Pearl starring Julia Fory ?

Apr 27, 2022 - permalink

Yea, I saw Pearl. It was good for what it was, but nothing groundbreaking.

Apr 27, 2022 - permalink

> > On the other hand, why wouldn't they cater to the bodybuilding fans both male and female. > > Shaming people isn't an argument.

Why WOULD they? The story (the main part of a movie) is written for lesbian audiences, not schmoes. Kind of rude to take that from them.

No one's taking anything from anyone.

Apr 28, 2022 - permalink

No one's taking anything from anyone.

Which is how it should be. This filmmaker decided to write a story. Maybe a deeply personal story that HAPPENS to have a backdrop in female bodybuilding. But I can almost guarantee that won't be the focus of the movie. This is not meant to be a blockbuster hit, it's an indie film. It will fall in the category of LGBTQ stories, so to debase that by saying hey this is about bodybuilding so it needs to accurately reflect MY perspective on that if they want it to be good. Is frankly pretty disrespectful. It's not supposed to be fantasy fap material.

Apr 28, 2022 - permalink

Which is how it should be. This filmmaker decided to write a story. Maybe a deeply personal story that HAPPENS to have a backdrop in female bodybuilding. But I can almost guarantee that won't be the focus of the movie. This is not meant to be a blockbuster hit, it's an indie film. It will fall in the category of LGBTQ stories, so to debase that by saying hey this is about bodybuilding so it needs to accurately reflect MY perspective on that if they want it to be good. Is frankly pretty disrespectful. It's not supposed to be fantasy fap material.

I'm not really into the whole "Death of the Author" thing but people are going to fap to what they fap to. I mean, there are lots of movies intended for kids that have adults that fap to their characters. The movie Zootopia comes to mind.

Every movie has an intended audience. However, even a group outside of that intended audience can be its audience...if that makes sense. What I'm trying to say is that this movie (if it's any good) will have LGBT people who are there for that side of it and people who are there for the female muscle. Neither side has to engage with the other unless there's some crossover. The movie doesn't "belong" to any one group or can be "stolen" from the other.

cgsweat
Apr 28, 2022 - permalink

I think every schmoe who read the title of this thread imagined Kristen Stewart getting jacked for a role. Unfortunately it turns out that's not the case at all. Whether intentional or not, it's definitely clickbait-y.

Apr 28, 2022 - permalink

I think every schmoe who read the title of this thread imagined Kristen Stewart getting jacked for a role. Unfortunately it turns out that's not the case at all. Whether intentional or not, it's definitely clickbait-y.

Sorry about that. It certainly wasn't meant to be click-bait.

cgsweat
Apr 28, 2022 - permalink

No need to apologize, just one of those things we don't want commonplace on this site.

Apr 28, 2022 - permalink

Either way, it's an intriguing subject. Not a lot of motion pictures out there where bodybuilding is the subject front and center nowadays, especially female.

Apr 29, 2022 - permalink

I'm not really into the whole "Death of the Author" thing but people are going to fap to what they fap to. I mean, there are lots of movies intended for kids that have adults that fap to their characters. The movie Zootopia comes to mind.

Every movie has an intended audience. However, even a group outside of that intended audience can be its audience...if that makes sense. What I'm trying to say is that this movie (if it's any good) will have LGBT people who are there for that side of it and people who are there for the female muscle. Neither side has to engage with the other unless there's some crossover. The movie doesn't "belong" to any one group or can be "stolen" from the other.

Yeah, but those people are disgusting.

[deleted]
Apr 30, 2022 - permalink

> > You quoted two different people, one of whom contradicted the other. Which one are you backing? > > I'm not sure which was the weirder read - the article? Or this whole thread? > > Gatsby - How dare a movie studio have the unmitigated gall not to cater to the gentlemen - and women - of GWM?! Unmitigated gall, I say!

On the other hand, why wouldn't they cater to the bodybuilding fans both male and female.

Shaming people isn't an argument.

I'm lost in the thread then. My point is i get what the ultimate fatasy of this movie can represent. However, with hollywood regardless of the sarring actress - a fbb fantasy that even I want isn't going to hing happen.

As for shaming, no not that. I'm the same, want the same movie. The comments get to the to where people seem like they are foaming at the mouth.

This is my last post about this. On the forum too.

Apr 30, 2022 - permalink

I'm lost in the thread then. My point is i get what the ultimate fatasy of this movie can represent. However, with hollywood regardless of the sarring actress - a fbb fantasy that even I want isn't going to hing happen.

As for shaming, no not that. I'm the same, want the same movie. The comments get to the to where people seem like they are foaming at the mouth.

This is my last post about this. On the forum too.

Bye now.

Jun 29, 2022 - permalink

Actress Katy O'Brian will be in the movie. No word on who she's playing, but it's safe to say she's Kristen Stewart's bodybuilding beau.

Jun 29, 2022 - permalink

Actress Katy O'Brian will be in the movie. No word on who she's playing, but it's safe to say she's Kristen Stewart's bodybuilding beau.

Katy is a good casting choice just by judging the pics posted on this website she has a good enough muscular body to do the role. To me she should get at least 25 pounds of muscle mass on her to get that physique of a female bodybuilder. Be more authentic to the role.

Mar 26, 2023 - permalink

Much, much better to expose more women to female bodybuilding. Maybe it'll inspire Kristen to take it up herself.

Kristen should get ripped

Apr 15, 2023 - permalink

Totally agree. She has an athletic build, look at shoulder width, and those arms look like they could take on some form

« first < prev Page 4 of 4 next > last »