Forum > Site Discussion > Thread

Don't report. Just delete. Here's how and why (April Fools 2022)

Apr 02, 2022 - edited Apr 02, 2022 - permalink

How'd you manage that when Chainer said it was capped at 25 deletions, and you didn't even make it in the list of people who deleted at least 5? Hrmm

Apr 02, 2022 - permalink

Haha April fool!

Apr 02, 2022 - permalink

I fukin' hate April Fools Day.

Apr 02, 2022 - permalink

Glad to be of service. I also liked that I could make the main page more to my liking and that people could still comment on my video after I deleted it :)

Apr 02, 2022 - permalink

Whew

I just thought I'd remove a few pics from the daily highest ranking ones that I wasn't impressed by.

Then it became addictive and I ventured deeper and tried to remove pics of Nastenka's boyfriend. Let's just say there are much more than 25 of those... 😅

It was fun though, thank you Chainer! What a beautiful prank!

PS: While I looked through countless pages of Nastenka's pics, I found some onld ones I had forgotten about. She is really special, sometimes her body looks just breathtaking. And I have to admit her boyfriend plays a huge part in pushing her to achieve that body, as most of her pics were shot after he began training her...

Apr 02, 2022 - permalink

Well done, an April Fools prank that took some real work to make and was sort of a social experiment as well

[deleted]
Apr 02, 2022 - permalink

Like Yeezy said "No one man should have all that power!" BAH GAWD 25 deletions is pure evil. How did you guys sleep at night.

So yeah, happy April Fools everyone. I'm moving this to Site Discussion and changing the title appropriately.

[..]

Overall, 361 users "deleted" at least one image. Here is the high score list of those who deleted at least 5:

beanyman 25
silviatrack 25
dongonzor 25
ferrociousfella 24
asddsaasd123 19
ukmuscleslave 18
timmy246 12
weiro 11
bappon 11
tj309 11
capitanplanetita 8
pred3000 6
mb2 5
b-moc 5

(Deletions were capped to 25 so no one could delete more than that.)

haha, i love that there's even a 'wall of shame' devised for the most trigger-happy! 🤣

three hundred and sixty-one is a yikes figure, joke or no joke. some of y'all should be kept away from big red buttons of any sort, judging by this development.

Apr 02, 2022 - permalink

I don't understand how so many people did not take this opportunity to make the world a better place, albeit temporarily and only for yourself.

Apr 02, 2022 - permalink

In the long tradition of April Fools on this site, this one was the very best. Well done, chainer!

P.S. I really liked the one a few years ago that brought us back to the old GWM website. That was great fun, too!

Apr 03, 2022 - permalink

Are all those deleted pics now undeleted?

Apr 03, 2022 - permalink

the fuck..

what you're currently asking about has already been confirmed.. in a message written and quoted several times just before your last contribution here. not to mention now that the thread's title has been changed to address the fact that the 'delete button' scheme was indeed a prank all along! you could simply check back to the pictures you thought you'd deleted to verify for yourself if the trick was somehow permanent, and failing that, just read back to the messages immediately preceding the one you'd last written in this thread.

jfc.. how do some of you people function in your daily lives?!

Apr 03, 2022 - permalink

Are all those deleted pics now undeleted?

I'm still looking for the pictures I deleted, I think they might be gone forever

Chainer
Apr 03, 2022 - permalink

I'm still looking for the pictures I deleted, I think they might be gone forever

It's possible that the images were then later actually deleted by mods for real, in which case they would of course be gone... This is especially likely if you went to the trouble of "deleting" actually bad images that violate the upload rules.

Apr 03, 2022 - edited Apr 03, 2022 - permalink

Actually it looks like it did rather permanently affect other threads if it was used on them. For example https://www.girlswithmuscle.com/forum/thread/... - I posted that before I saw that it was a joke and when I went to delete it I used the red joke 'delete' button instead of the edit menu delete option without thinking, and now trying to re-access it it still gives me the 404 error. Unless it really did delete? If so then that's what I wanted anyway.

Chainer
Apr 03, 2022 - permalink

You really did delete it, it's your own thread and you can delete your own threads.

The April Fools thing was just for images on the main site; there were no changes to the forum.

Apr 03, 2022 - permalink

this is quickly turning into one of my favourite threads.

Apr 03, 2022 - permalink

Ok cool. The only reason I brought it up is because of the button used and the resulting effect which was similar to the pics that were part of the joke to begin with.

Apr 03, 2022 - permalink

It's possible that the images were then later actually deleted by mods for real, in which case they would of course be gone... This is especially likely if you went to the trouble of "deleting" actually bad images that violate the upload rules.

That must be it then. Of course I would only delete images which violate the rules.

Apr 03, 2022 - permalink

Actually it looks like it did rather permanently affect other threads if it was used on them. For example https://www.girlswithmuscle.com/forum/thread/... - I posted that before I saw that it was a joke and when I went to delete it I used the red joke 'delete' button instead of the edit menu delete option without thinking, and now trying to re-access it it still gives me the 404 error. Unless it really did delete? If so then that's what I wanted anyway.

😭😭😭

Apr 03, 2022 - permalink

> So yeah, happy April Fools everyone. I'm moving this to Site Discussion and changing the title appropriately. > > To clarify a few things: > > * The deletions only ever affected yourself, and not other users, by IP address. When you used the delete button, it effectively hid the image from you (but no one else). > * I have reverted all the "deletions" so everyone should see all images again, including the ones you deleted. > * The justifications for the delete button in the original post aren't complete lies but they definitely stretch the truth. The mods are definitely busy, but if it really became an issue I would make it a high priority to add more mods to the team. Hard drive space is indeed being used faster than before, but I will solve it by adding more storage to the server, not by deleting images. > > Overall, 361 users "deleted" at least one image. Here is the high score list of those who deleted at least 5: > > > beanyman 25 > silviatrack 25 > dongonzor 25 > ferrociousfella 24 > asddsaasd123 19 > ukmuscleslave 18 > timmy246 12 > weiro 11 > bappon 11 > tj309 11 > capitanplanetita 8 > pred3000 6 > mb2 5 > b-moc 5 > > > (Deletions were capped to 25 so no one could delete more than that.)

Lmao, it was a good one, I appreciate the programming effort put into making it. I'd love to hear a testimony from one of the high ranking deleters. I wonder if they did it just to see the world burn or actually believed in the cause.

Oh wow top of the list, nice! Yeah definitely knew it was a April's fool, so I was just curious if the capped message would contain anything special 😂😂😂 And to be on the safe side, I did stick to deleting long forgotten non-special vids

Apr 03, 2022 - edited Apr 03, 2022 - permalink

the fuck..

what you're currently asking about has already been confirmed.. in a message written and quoted several times just before your last contribution here. not to mention now that the thread's title has been changed to address the fact that the 'delete button' scheme was indeed a prank all along! you could simply check back to the pictures you thought you'd deleted to verify for yourself if the trick was somehow permanent, and failing that, just read back to the messages immediately preceding the one you'd last written in this thread.

jfc.. how do some of you people function in your daily lives?!

Better than you obviously. My question hadn't been answered anywhere, by anyone. And guess what, I didn't delete any images. Try not to read into something which isnt there and you might have more success in yòur off kilter analysis.

Apr 03, 2022 - permalink

My question hadn't been answered anywhere, by anyone.

the first and second bullet-points in this message for anyone whose literacy isn't compromised would've sufficed, but okay chief. xD

And guess what, I didn't delete any images.

good for you! and guess what, the same message still applies!

[deleted]
Apr 03, 2022 - permalink

Oh wow top of the list, nice! Yeah definitely knew it was a April's fool

@beanyman in 5 months since joining you uploaded ONE PICTURE. And in one day you deleted TWENTY FIVE. I don't think you earned that.

And to be on the safe side, I did stick to deleting long forgotten non-special vids

You haven't been here long to decide "long forgotten" and "non special"

« first < prev Page 4 of 5 next > last »