Forum > Site Discussion > Thread

Don't report. Just delete. Here's how and why (April Fools 2022)

Chainer
Apr 03, 2022 - permalink

@beanyman in 5 months since joining you uploaded ONE PICTURE. And in one day you deleted TWENTY FIVE. I don't think you earned that.

I don't think it's fair to blame people for using the delete button. There are two cases: either they realized it's an April Fools prank, or they did not.

If they did not realize, then by deleting pics they're doing what I essentially asked them to do in my post.

If they did realize, then they knew that whatever the Delete button did, it would only be temporary, so might as well play with it and see what happens.

In fact, there were a few people who reported the Delete button as a bug, and I actually really appreciate that. As I posted here, that is what I hope would happen if something like this were a real bug.

Apr 04, 2022 - permalink

Just my opinion, that's 361 people who should never be mods. It would be interesting to see what kind of images were attempted to be deleted by each user.

Many of the images were probably images that they personally didn't like and in no way violated the rules. It's a sign to me that the mods currently "employed" are doing a good job and are quick to think and slow to act for the most part.

tamarok
Apr 04, 2022 - permalink

Just my opinion, that's 361 people who should never be mods. It would be interesting to see what kind of images were attempted to be deleted by each user.

Many of the images were probably images that they personally didn't like and in no way violated the rules. It's a sign to me that the mods currently "employed" are doing a good job and are quick to think and slow to act for the most part.

Then again if those images really did fall below the acceptability bar, then maybe they did a good job? I don’t know which images were flagged for deletion, so I can’t say either way.

Apr 04, 2022 - permalink

Then again if those images really did fall below the acceptability bar, then maybe they did a good job? I don’t know which images were flagged for deletion, so I can’t say either way.

I understand. But my point, and belief, though I can't prove it, is that most of them didn't. Most were acceptable images.

As I stated in an earlier comment, this would be an interesting social experiment. I also understand that he only listed people who deleted at least 5, so a large portion were probably just "trying it out". And some, like the guy who hit 25, did it for fun, as he stated. LOL

Apr 05, 2022 - permalink

As different IPs could see the same image, can we see a list of the most commonly deleted?

May 09, 2022 - permalink

Every now and then I think about what would happen if this weren't a joke. I'm sure a ton of images of tattooed women would've gone missing.

May 10, 2022 - permalink

Every now and then I think about what would happen if this weren't a joke. I'm sure a ton of images of tattooed women would've gone missing.

I don't mind ink on one condition - Ink should be a complement to a physique - it should not be the main focus.

There is a clear difference.

« first < prev Page 5 of 5 next > last »