Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Defunct Websites

Jul 25, 2023 - permalink

That's a different site - you're talking about girlsflexing/musclegirlworld, much different from girlnextdoorflex. But you're right, that guy was scummy too! He did the same misrepresenting/non-paying thing with a lot of other girls who he posted were "teen" and "18", but were really more like 22/23, and who definitely did not have 16-18 inch biceps haha (at her biggest Michelle was 13.5 inches). He also kept misspelling their names/giving them different names even if it was the same girl (e.g. Buff Ava/Buff Anna, Morgan Lohse/Megan Loese, etc.), which always struck me as weird.

Ah ok, whoops! Yeah, girlnextdoorflex was the annoying guy with the Boston accent, right? He'd always film from his apartment, and always use the same damn two songs on all the vids lol

v52
Jul 26, 2023 - permalink

Ah ok, whoops! Yeah, girlnextdoorflex was the annoying guy with the Boston accent, right? He'd always film from his apartment, and always use the same damn two songs on all the vids lol

That's him! Always enjoyed seeing Buff Rasta Girl flex. Him and his narration, not so much haha

Jul 26, 2023 - permalink

Siouxcountry is another site that came to my mind just now. It was one of the first sites I stumbled upon when exploring my attraction for buff women, and I remember the discussion forums on the site.

The admin was a weird, though. I wonder whatever happened to him.

fp909
Jul 26, 2023 - permalink

Siouxcountry is another site that came to my mind just now. It was one of the first sites I stumbled upon when exploring my attraction for buff women, and I remember the discussion forums on the site.

The admin was a weird, though. I wonder whatever happened to him.

wonder if this is related

cgsweat
Jul 26, 2023 - permalink

I vaguely remember the site. At first glance (if I recall) it didn't look like it had anything to do with female muscle. Was it a portal site?

Jul 26, 2023 - permalink

wonder if this is related

Jesus, so the dude had a weird power trip kind of fetish.

It's a shame because it was a pretty comprehensive site. Hate it when good things are ruined by creepers.

Another site, or in this case a subsection of a site that while not dead is far less utilized is bodybuilding.com's BodySpace. At the time I think it was a good idea to feature people's fitness goals and showing their achievements and progression, but Instagram and TikTok made it pretty much redundant. It's a bit of a shame because that was where ChickenTuna made her claim to fame (whatever happened to her, btw?) They also used to have a "bodybuilder of the week" section and while the entries featured were predominately men, you would find some pretty built women there.

fp909
Jul 26, 2023 - edited Jul 26, 2023 - permalink

here's a archive screenshot and you can prob move around in here a bit: http://web.archive.org/web/20120504031032/htt...

looks like primarily a forum, and if the screenshot is to be believed, frequented by actual indstry people and not schmoes. headline says "by women, for women". not sure how true that is but i see some recognizable names on that page. not many of the old-style forums around these days. maybe saradas is the last of them?

scrolling around looks like it's pretty much just news oriented and not kind of the usual subforum breakdwon of what you would see on a schmoe site but still i remember visiting for the photos back in the day

cgsweat
Jul 26, 2023 - permalink

here's a archive screenshot and you can prob move around in here a bit: http://web.archive.org/web/20120504031032/htt...

I guess I'm thinking of an older version, from early 2000's. It had brown and tan colors and looked like it was made on geocities or angelfire or something. Maybe I'm confusing it with something else.

fp909
Jul 26, 2023 - edited Jul 26, 2023 - permalink

i think it was the same. geocities closed in 2009 and i'm pretty sure people stiopped hosting before that was official. so likely this was on the old geocities for a while before that.

EDIT: i can't recall the old URL but wayback says they spent significant time archiving geocities pages back int he day

Jul 26, 2023 - permalink

Boomerflex is another site a remember. The webmaster also spun it off into Collegeflex, which I mentioned earlier.

Didn't he pass away relatively recently?

Jul 26, 2023 - permalink

That's him! Always enjoyed seeing Buff Rasta Girl flex. Him and his narration, not so much haha

Roxie and Julie (I think that was her name) were standouts for me. He even was able to get Alize Bueno on there, which was pretty crazy.

Him constantly saying "ripped all day, baby!" would drive me insane

Jul 26, 2023 - permalink

Roxie and Julie (I think that was her name) were standouts for me. He even was able to get Alize Bueno on there, which was pretty crazy.

Him constantly saying "ripped all day, baby!" would drive me insane

Roxy was great! If I remember correctly, she did a shirt tear on one of those videos.

But that dude, ughhh. He also always sounded drunk when narrating. "Roxyyyyyyyy. Yeahhhhhhh".

fp909
Jul 26, 2023 - permalink

please let us all shed a tear for the old Yahoo groups that used to house all of the art, morphs, stories, photos that didn't have a home in the earlier days, without having to worry about the forum format.

special flip of the bird to the gatekeeprs that rarely let people in.

but that was back in the Michele LeMuscle days (Annie Ample and others), where a lot of WPW photos could be found, and the start of the powergirls era before they moved to a domain, then the forums and then left for discord.

Jul 26, 2023 - permalink

Gatekeepers aka dudes on Camwhores who don't share unless someone gives them what they're looking for lol

fp909
Jul 26, 2023 - permalink

imagine recording a video, posting it, and then seeing it gatekept behind a private account lmao it's happened to me more than once

Jul 26, 2023 - permalink

Does anyone remember alt.amazon.women.admirers or AAWA for short? Late 90's, that was my first go to...

Jul 26, 2023 - permalink

Does anyone remember alt.amazon.women.admirers or AAWA for short? Late 90's, that was my first go to...

Yep. "newsgroups" or usenet was one of the main ways to (slowly) download pictures back then.

Jul 27, 2023 - permalink

Does anyone remember legtown it was a nice little website in the 2000s. similar to this one but only with leg related pictures.

Also i noticed something funny about the wayback machine. it seems like a lot of female muscle related sites from the 90s and 2000s are better preserved than many big mainstream websites. like the official playstation site is completely fucked the official world of Warcraft site is fucked .even for msn they don't have anything from 1997. but Diana the valkerie has been perfectly preserved and a lot of other obscure blogs about female muscle are fine.

fp909
Jul 27, 2023 - permalink

stuff like mak's or dtv or the geocities were pretty text based and maybe easy to capture. but its' not perfect. some of the directories don't link in mak's case. idk if thise is because of how they set it up or how wayback works but you can still access most of it.

idk how they made decisions though as i mentioned the wayback site seems to have made a concerted effort to capture geocities directories when they announced they were shutting down the site.

Jul 27, 2023 - permalink

Faith Solan female bodybuilding or something. the gunsite.de

Don't forget unrealmuscle.com

Jul 27, 2023 - permalink

Titania (Danniielle O'Connor) used to have a site called MuscleFemme when she was into peak strength sports in the mid to late aughts. That shut down when got hardcore into fundamentalist Christianity. As of recent, I saw she is trying to get back into her previous lifting form, but after a stint of time showing her workouts and lifting stats on her Facebook page I haven't seen much recently. She did mention bringing that site, or a site like it, back, but nothing yet.

fp909
Jul 27, 2023 - permalink

Oh shit I forgot about gunsite.de

There was also a site called freakypeaks that was postings of, you guess it, wild bicep peaks. Photos only, many from WPW that weren’t just the preview images. One of my early bookmarks

« first < prev Page 3 of 3 next > last »