Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Girls who went overboard with the juice during covid/off season

Jun 26, 2022 - permalink

I've never heard this term "butterface" before. Maybe it's pointless and unnecessary and people should stop arguing about it.

Jun 26, 2022 - permalink

If you think being attracted to women is misognist maybe don't come to this site and go back to the church.

Damn. I can't argue with a take that strong.

Jun 26, 2022 - permalink

The site has a ranking system which is entirely motivated by rating a woman's physical appearance. That is a reflection of the misogynistic values of the culture we all live in. I'm not saying that the site admins or owners are bad people for doing this or that anyone who uses the ranking system is doing so out of an individual hatred for women. However, the fact that this system exists and seems normal to us is because of the misogyny we encounter on a daily basis being normalized. And this is just one example.

That's rather silly. These rankings do not reflect moral worth. We rank all kinds of people and things. What are the 100 best American novels in the 20th century? What are the ten best films of 2021? Appearance plays an outsized role because organisms are shallow creatures shaped by evolution to be concerned with survival and reproduction. It's daffy to say that the system "noramlizes" behavior that is totally normal/natural. Needless to say, just because something is natural does not mean it's right or good: It's normal for humans to kill and eat mammals even though this causes tremendous suffering.

Nobody is trying to shame anyone simply about using the site.

The question of whether or not this site is misogynist arises as a matter of interrogating the consistency of an accusation -- taking a premise and carrying it to a logical conclusion.

But let's not blind ourselves to the fact that this site - and many like it - exists within and is part of an inherently misogynist sensibility which we all have within us simply due to the fact that we live in the world that we live in.

Again, the problem runs much deeper. If viewing and ranking women by attractiveness is an "inherently misogynist sensibility" it's not due so much to "the world we live in" as vice-versa.

Jun 26, 2022 - permalink
Deleted by cgsweat
Jun 26, 2022 - permalink
Deleted by cgsweat
Jun 26, 2022 - permalink

Can we just admit that this site is all about objectifying women? The fact that we're leering over "strong" or "empowered" women doesn't make any difference. Yeah, "butterface" is misogynistic, but so is 90% of this site.

Surely you can't be serious? Some of you guys are kinda nuts

Jun 26, 2022 - edited Jun 26, 2022 - permalink

I have no idea what you are actually saying other than engaging in debate pervertry for its own sake. And that is far more offensive to me as a person than misogyny. You win. Yes, you. The person reading this. Even if you haven't contributed to this. I no longer care. I can only pray for a swift end to humanity at this point, which is probably about 15 years away at this rate.

Fuck everything. I'm done trying.

Life is too short to be getting this upset about irrelevant bullshit on the internet. Take a deep breath and relax. Nothing anybody says here matters at all.

Jun 26, 2022 - permalink
Deleted by cgsweat
Jul 02, 2022 - permalink

lets get back on topic here fellas

Jul 26, 2022 - permalink

lets get back on topic here fellas

Yep, I fully agree!.

When on earth did the 'woke' brigade get invade GWM!?

cgsweat
Jul 26, 2022 - permalink

Everyone can thank Noswal for bumping a thread last active several weeks ago to continue an off-topic discussion.

Thread locked by cgsweat.
« first < prev Page 4 of 4 next > last »