Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Meri Taskinen was killed

[deleted]
Mar 02, 2022 - edited Mar 06, 2022 - permalink

https://www.is.fi/kotimaa/art-2000008632682.html

Very sad news for GWM community. Meri Taskinen was killed by ex-massager of bodybuilding gym in Helsinki a week ago. The perpetrator is still at large hiding in Helsinki

UPDATE

Police caught the guy and he is on trial of murder.

[deleted]
Mar 02, 2022 - permalink

Sanni Mattila 22.2. 9:37 On Monday, the police in Western Uusimaa reported a suspected violent crime in Espoo. The case is being investigated as a murder, and a man named Harri Puhjo, who has not yet been reached by the police, is suspected of the act.

Police released the man's name, picture and insignia on Monday. On Tuesday, police continued to ask for observations of the man's movements.

The suspected crime took place in an apartment building on Kuhatie in Haukilahti at about 10 a.m. Monday.

• The victim of the crime is a woman of about 30 years, whom the suspect knew through a bodybuilding hobby. The suspect was ordered to be denied access to the victim, police said in a statement.

According to the police, it is possible that the man suspected of the act may move in the Helsinki metropolitan area or in the wider area of ​​Southern Finland.

The police request that real-time observations of the man be reported to the emergency number 112. Other observations can be forwarded by e-mail to vihjeet.lansi-uusimaa@poliisi.fi or to the telephone number 0295 413 031 (respondent).

The police are not aware of the danger the suspect poses to outsiders. However, the authorities urge you to avoid approaching the suspect yourself

Mar 02, 2022 - permalink
Deleted by cgsweat
Mar 02, 2022 - permalink
Deleted by cgsweat
[deleted]
Mar 02, 2022 - permalink

Finnish is not a Germanic language. Therefore we should not expect names there to sound like things we recognize.

Mar 02, 2022 - permalink

Very sad news. She was very pretty

Mar 02, 2022 - permalink

This is very unsettling news, I noticed the headlines about the incident but to hear Meri was the victim never crossed my mind. May she rest in peace and lets hope the guy gets what he deserves.

[deleted]
Mar 02, 2022 - permalink

This is very unsettling news, I noticed the headlines about the incident but to hear Meri was the victim never crossed my mind. May she rest in peace and lets hope the guy gets what he deserves.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CaW6hSnMg4I/?utm_...

Yes it was Meri. This is post from her friend

[deleted]
Mar 02, 2022 - edited Mar 02, 2022 - permalink
Deleted by cgsweat
Mar 02, 2022 - permalink

Well at least the police caught the guy and he is on trial of murder. Pretty sketchy guy by the way, had been stalking Meri for a year (the media tells that they used to date). Also last october he had been convicted of raping a girl aged 16. Hopefully he is going to be in jail for long time.

[deleted]
Mar 02, 2022 - permalink

Son of the bitch

Mar 02, 2022 - permalink

That is horrible news but thank you for letting us know

[deleted]
Mar 02, 2022 - permalink

Well at least the police caught the guy and he is on trial of murder. Pretty sketchy guy by the way, had been stalking Meri for a year (the media tells that they used to date). Also last october he had been convicted of raping a girl aged 16. Hopefully he is going to be in jail for long time.

Does Finland have life sentence ? This bastard deserves it

[deleted]
Mar 02, 2022 - permalink

That's just devastating. My heart dropped when I read the title. Really at loss for words. I've seen her on the site and saw her ig from time to time. Its a tragedy she had the misfortune of knowing this psychopath. A beautiful life was taken from the world. And a monster is still breathing somewhere. Hope he gets to suffer as much as he caused and more.

Mar 02, 2022 - permalink

It's always a sad thing to hear

Mar 02, 2022 - permalink

Oh no who would do such a thing its a dangerous world.

Mar 02, 2022 - permalink

Well they call it the life sentence, but if I remember correctly it lasts a maximum of 14 years and almost always ends sooner with a pardon from the president.

Mar 02, 2022 - permalink

Well they call it the life sentence, but if I remember correctly it lasts a maximum of 14 years and almost always ends sooner with a pardon from the president.

Less than 14 years for rape and murder? Sorry but that's a joke.

Mar 02, 2022 - permalink

There is some false information here. Nothing in the news suggest that she was raped. Apparently the guy was her ex (or something like that) and from what I gather from the news, he was likely waiting/stalking her in the stairwell of the house she was living in and then stabbed her to death there. The guy is almost 60 years old and he had a restraining order against her and also against another girl he had been stalking and harassing.

He also wasn't a coach but a massager who had worked at a well-known bodybuilding gym in Helsinki for a while, but apparently lost his job when he got convicted of raping one of his clients (this was not Meri as far as I know but a different girl). Some people on the internet are saying the guy turned crazy after his rape conviction and started doing all sorts of crazy stuff after that. All in all very sad course of events. I did not know Meri personally but she seemed like a smart and driven young woman.

Also yes, the average duration of a life sentence is about 14 years in Finland, sometimes longer but usually not by much. If this guy gets a life sentence (as he probably/hopefully does, had restraining order and according to police reports premeditated and brutal way of killing) he will be well over 70 when he gets out. He will probably spend his last years of relative youth behind bars.

[deleted]
Mar 02, 2022 - edited Mar 03, 2022 - permalink

There is some false information here. Nothing in the news suggest that she was raped.

Thx rosary. I have deleted that false statement. Also corrected first post. Thank you once again

Mar 03, 2022 - permalink

Horrible and heartbreaking. She was one of the best. Thoughts to her family and friends.

[deleted]
Mar 03, 2022 - edited Mar 03, 2022 - permalink

I thought that this guy was her coach because back in 2016 when Meri was into hardcore bodybuilding he helped her to gain muscle mass as i recall correctly

Mar 03, 2022 - permalink

He deserves death.

[deleted]
Mar 03, 2022 - permalink

He deserves death.

I agree but the problem is what are we a civilized society

« first < prev Page 1 of 2 next > last »