Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Muscle girls at planet fitness

Feb 03, 2022 - permalink

Hey I will soon be starting my fitness journey at planet fitness I was wondering if anyone has ever seen muscle girls in a planet fitness before just curious. If you especially live in the Philadelphia area thats even better.

Feb 05, 2022 - permalink

Not at all. Planet fitness is not usually where you find npc or ifbb pros. Occasionally you’ll see a sort of muscular guy or gal but not often.

If you want to see who goes to your local gyms, Go on Instagram, search bar, location tab, search for planet fitness in your area, it’ll show you photos from all of your local planet fitnesses, pick your favorite gym.

Feb 05, 2022 - permalink

I went to a PF 1 time and there was one particularly buff girl there. She wasn't a competitor or anything, but had really big legs and a visible six pack.

Feb 05, 2022 - permalink

Planet Fitness doesn’t exactly cater to the bodybuilding types. They specifically have a “link alarm” if you grunt. I’m sure there are attractive people at PF, but you ain’t gonna find body builders there.

Feb 05, 2022 - permalink

Dont let this influence your gym choice. Since I dont live in the USA, I dont have any experience about Planet Fitness, but far as I know, its a good place to start, so just focus on yourslef, and if you feel its time, you can change your gym anytime.

Feb 07, 2022 - permalink

@dannyboi7 > If you want to see who goes to your local gyms, Go on Instagram, search bar, location tab, search for planet fitness in your area, it’ll show you photos from all of your local planet fitnesses, pick your favorite gym.

Now this really seems to be a good method! Should try that sometimes... ;)

Feb 07, 2022 - permalink

Hey I will soon be starting my fitness journey at planet fitness I was wondering if anyone has ever seen muscle girls in a planet fitness before just curious. If you especially live in the Philadelphia area thats even better.

Planet Fitness (here in the US at least) isn't really geared towards serious lifters, their focus is mainly on "cardio queens" and the New Years resolution types. Apparently they don't have free weights at all (other than dummbbells) and some locations will deny membership to anyone who is visibly muscular.

Your not going to find very many muscular women at a Planet Fitness ... or OrangeTheory or SoulCycle (other cardio heavy chains). If I has to be a chain I'd suggest Golds, LA Fitness, or Blink.

Feb 07, 2022 - permalink

PF is cheap and crowded. That said, it’s probably a fine “starter gym” since they cater to the less experienced crowd. You’ll likely want to graduate to a better gym within a year or so.

Feb 07, 2022 - edited Feb 08, 2022 - permalink

Yeah, it's possible to see muscular women at Planet Fitness, probably not to the physique or bodybuilding level anyway. But I know there are some occasions when I go out of town, that I've used a Planet Fitness to get a workout in. For example, I was in the Jacksonville for a couple of days and needed a gym, called around for day rates at a couple and they want fifty bucks or more. I won't pay that, so I went to Planet Fitness and got a decent workout for $0. Gave me a free trial workout.

There was one fit woman there while I was in the gym, at most she could have been a bikini or wellness competitor when and if she dieted down.

Planet Fitness is not my first choice, for one, atmoshpere and two, the dumbbells sometimes are not heavy enough for some exercises and then for sure, most people there are not bodybuilders and they don't go to other gyms because they are intimidated by us. So, not likely but I'd never say never.,

Feb 07, 2022 - permalink

First off, as Detoxpali mentioned: don’t join a gym just because there may be muscular women there. Join a gym because it meets your needs in terms of equipment, location and budget. Also, keep in mind that if you DO want to meet muscular women, big box gyms like PF, Gold’s, 24 Hour Fitness, etc, are the worst places to do it because their business models revolve around getting customers in and out as quickly as possible, if they even go at all. Most people are there to get their workouts in and get out as efficiently as possible, and if you read any forum about where women hate getting hit on the most, one of those places is the gym. You’re better off going to a more boutique style of gym that fosters a community, like CrossFit gyms, small powerlifting or bodybuilding gyms, and so on.

To answer your question, however, I have done accessory lifting before at a PF not far from my house (I live in a major city), and I have never seen any muscular women there (they’re far more common at my regular CrossFit gym). While I am seeing female bodybuilders (and I am sure you have) posting videos of them lifting at PFs, don’t let confirmation bias cloud your view. PF is a gym that caters to a very, very casual gymgoing crowd, and while there are exceptions, the majority of people you’re going to find there are far from highly fit/athletic/muscular. If you want to find muscular women, your best bet is a CrossFit gym or a hardcore bodybuilding/powerlifting gym.

Feb 07, 2022 - edited Feb 07, 2022 - permalink

I travel a lot for work, so I have the black card at PF so I can go to any gym in the country.

Nearly 100% of the time if I go to a planet fitness in a small to medium-sized college town (ones in recent memory are bloomington IN and ann arbor MI) there will be at least one college aged or older muscle girl there (at least during peak hours). Never too huge but I've seen girls that could definitely be in figure division. Makes it difficult to focus sometimes :)

At my home PF in the cleveland ohio area, it's once in a looong while

Feb 07, 2022 - permalink

I think Vanessa Hut (The Braided bodybuilder) used to go there.

Feb 07, 2022 - permalink

If you're looking for BB or WPD, you WON'T see it at PF. Not only do they not cater to that crowd, they refuse it. Kristy Enos told me she was denied entry into a PF while traveling because her physique was "too intimidating" for the clientele. She really only needed a place to do some cardio for an hour a day for a few days and was willing to purchase a month membership if necessary. She was asked to leave.

Although, if you're looking to join a gym because you want to state at muscle chicks, then there's your first problem. I can't stand that type of person. Your type sits on machines, not using them, so you can stare at a female nearby, then when she moves, so do you. There have been times I've had to ask your type to move because you waste space. Seriously, examine your reasoning for joining a gym before you do. Keep in mind, the muscle chicks typically date muscle guys.

Feb 07, 2022 - permalink

If you're serious about seeing muscle women, join a bodybuilding gym. Just be aware that they are there to work and don't want to be stalked or gawked at. Many hardcore bodybuilders train early in the morning. I was a member of a fitness place in Iowa where a super hardcore fitness woman trained at 5am. It was good motivation to get up, especially as we headed into peak week.

Feb 08, 2022 - permalink

Usually, women don't like to be bothered when they're working out. If you're looking to join a gym just to meet women, you might be in for a bad time.

Feb 08, 2022 - permalink

Yeah I’ve had trouble getting women to flex in the gym.

Feb 08, 2022 - permalink

Why are you trying to get women to flex at the gym? Come on man, you know better than that 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Feb 08, 2022 - permalink

Not sure if serious or trolling...

Feb 08, 2022 - permalink

Not sure if serious or trolling...

I think based on his post history he is serious

Feb 08, 2022 - permalink

Nothing wrong with looking at the girls at a local gym (I do it) but you have to remember:

You're not going to find female bodybuilders there. At best, there will be athletic girls.

Girls don't like to be hit on at the gym.

Don't take pictures of girls at the gym. I have not done this, but I'm sure this breaks gym policy. And if you have your phone out (like to look up something or to change the music you are listening to) make sure you don't look like you are taking pictures of the girls there.

Don't overly stare at the girls there, either.

Feb 23, 2022 - edited Feb 23, 2022 - permalink

As others have said, gyms serve a purpose and provide an experience. I live in the intermountain West of the USA. The best places I've seen to meet and politely chat up muscular women is out on the trails from May through October.

Of course, I never ask the stupid schmoe questions like: do you lift? How heavy do you lift? Do you do any contact sports? Can you beat up your boyfriend? Etc. and etc.

If one is looking for skinny beach chicks with big.....enhancements, the trails aren't a good place to find that.

Feb 24, 2022 - permalink

It depends, Ive seen a couple post from Planet fitness. I'm sure it's not their only gym

Feb 24, 2022 - permalink

Who would go to pf to find a muscle women that is very rare chance of seeing on there you would have better luck at a bodybuilder gym or cross fit gym and also if your going to The gym go for you and not just to gawk at chicks

Mar 21, 2024 - permalink

Just discovered this commercial with Jayne Trcka.

PF was the first gym I looked at when I moved ten years ago. Asked if I could do a walkthrough and the owner told me I couldn't get a guided tour until I'd watched a twenty-minute video presentation. Fast forward two minutes to me leaving. Drove less than a mile up the street to an LA Fitness, asked them, and got an immediate go ahead. After joining, told the story to the woman who signed me up and she said, "Yeah, that guy's our best salesman."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiTvPfyXQbI&t=19s

Mar 21, 2024 - permalink
« first < prev Page 1 of 2 next > last »