Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Have you ever told someone that you love muscle girls?

Jan 04, 2022 - permalink

I’ve got a general question, have you guys ever told someone that you are into muscular girls? How did you tell them and how did they respond? And if you haven’t told anyone, why? I’m on the verge of telling my best friend that I love muscular girls and I almost said it twice, but every time I almost tell him I have this feeling that I can’t trust him. Even though he’s my best friend.

cgsweat
Jan 04, 2022 - permalink

I’ve got a general question, have you guys ever told someone that you are into muscular girls? How did you tell them and how did they respond? And if you haven’t told anyone, why? I’m on the verge of telling my best friend that I love muscular girls and I almost said it twice, but every time I almost tell him I have this feeling that I can’t trust him. Even though he’s my best friend.

You have to ask yourself two things:

1. Is this something you absolutely have to come out with to your friend?

2. If so, is his reaction really going to be so bad that it would put your friendship in jeopardy?

Jan 04, 2022 - permalink
  1. Of course I don’t have to, but I’ve never told someone irl and I think it would just give me the peace of mind. Because he always asks why don’t you like that girl, or that girl. I know the reason, but he doesn’t. I still do like normal girls of course but I’d just rather be with a fit girl.

2. It might yeah, occasionally you see muscular girls on a random Instagram post or on tv and literally all my friends say that it’s either disgusting or something they just don’t like.

But you know everybody has got their own opinion, but I just want to tell him I think.

cgsweat
Jan 04, 2022 - permalink

But you know everybody has got their own opinion, but I just want to tell him I think.

Keep in mind it's kind of strange to bring up something like that out of the blue. You might actually be better off just meeting a fit girl as you say and do the explaining then (if it's even an issue).

Jan 04, 2022 - permalink

That would be better I guess, but if it’s your best friend I think you should be able to tell him. But I just don’t trust him enough with this big of a secret I think. How did you tell anyone?>

Keep in mind it's kind of strange to bring up something like that out of the blue. You might actually be better off just meeting a fit girl as you say and do the explaining then (if it's even an issue).

Jan 04, 2022 - permalink

I've never said anything about it to my friends because nobody has ever asked. The subject of muscular women has never came up in any way and I've never had the urge to bring it up.

cgsweat
Jan 04, 2022 - permalink

That would be better I guess, but if it’s your best friend I think you should be able to tell him. But I just don’t trust him enough with this big of a secret I think.

These two sentences contradict each other. By your definition "best friend" means you can tell him anything, but then you say you can't tell him this. For this I don't know what to tell you.

How did you tell anyone?>

I told people only when "the cat was out of the bag." Like if I'm showing someone a funny Facebook post on my phone and they do that annoying thing people sometimes do where they keep scrolling through your feed. Image of a FBB pops up so I'm forced to do a little explaining.

They don't overreact or anything, at worst they either think it's quirky or funny.

Jan 04, 2022 - permalink

Yeah I’m always scared whenever they go trough my phone and go on discord or Reddit. But the place where I’m from muscular girls aren’t a regular thing to see. So they won’t really understand, I grew up with it watching them on social media so it’s normal for me to see them. But it’s not for them. Thanks for the advice!>

These two sentences contradict each other. By your definition "best friend" means you can tell him anything, but then you say you can't tell him this. For this I don't know what to tell you.

I told people only when "the cat was out of the bag." Like if I'm showing someone a funny Facebook post on my phone and they do that annoying thing people sometimes do where they keep scrolling through your feed. Image of a FBB pops up so I'm forced to do a little explaining.

They don't overreact or anything, at worst they either think it's quirky or funny.

Jan 04, 2022 - permalink

Unless the two of you are both really into bodybuilding yourselves I would not tell your friend. I showed a really close friend some pictures of Nicole Wilkins when we were high together - juiced and muscular but still pretty feminine and not too big - and he told everyone else in the friend group. If normies find out you are into muscular women, they will assume that you are either bisexual or secretly gay, and it could really affect your relationship with them.

Jan 04, 2022 - permalink

Yup this is what I’m afraid of. How old were you when you told your friend? How old are you now and how did it effect you?> Unless the two of you are both really into bodybuilding yourselves I would not tell your friend. I showed a really close friend some pictures of Nicole Wilkins when we were high together - juiced and muscular but still pretty feminine and not too big - and he told everyone else in the friend group. If normies find out you are into muscular women, they will assume that you are either bisexual or secretly gay, and it could really affect your relationship with them.

fp909
Jan 04, 2022 - permalink

I've never straight up TOLD anyone, like a big reveal or anything, and only one or two IRL people know I mod here, but all my social media activity since college gave it away, and once I got out of college and started hanging around people who also wanted to be fit it was something that they were just aware of.

It's a bit of an in-joke these days, and the few friends that do joke about it will occasionally aware me of women they think I don't know about (but I mod here so of course I know about them) and we have a good laugh because they're of course hot AF. Even a woman I was into for a long time who squarely falls into my interests has mentioned it a couple of times. It's not a big deal.

Just don't be weird about it. Of course if they knew how much money I've spent over the last 15 years on this shit and/or the kind of things I've paid for they would write me off immediately.

Jan 04, 2022 - permalink

Yup this is what I’m afraid of. How old were you when you told your friend? How old are you now and how did it effect you?

We were 33 at the time. He lifted weights but wasn't serious about bodybuilding. I was (and still am) serious about bodybuilding. I may have been trying to convert him to bodybuilding via female muscle, lol. I'm 37 now and we've gone our separate ways, mostly for other reasons, but the my relationship with the friend group and with him was never the same. It's considered very unusual to like women with huge muscles by most "normal" people.

Jan 04, 2022 - permalink

That guy is such a sucker for that, you expect that when you’re a grown-up that they would keep it a secret. I mean if you’re 19/20 it’s cool, but 33? That friend was a joke for that.>

We were 33 at the time. He lifted weights but wasn't serious about bodybuilding. I was (and still am) serious about bodybuilding. I may have been trying to convert him to bodybuilding via female muscle, lol. I'm 37 now and we've gone our separate ways, mostly for other reasons, but the my relationship with the friend group and with him was never the same. It's considered very unusual to like women with huge muscles by most "normal" people.

Jan 04, 2022 - permalink

That guy is such a sucker for that, you expect that when you’re a grown-up that they would keep it a secret. I mean if you’re 19/20 it’s cool, but 33? That friend was a joke for that.

High school and university never really end, lol.

Jan 04, 2022 - permalink

Yes I have told it to women I have been with they don't really care I also told to my friend that I like to watch sports because I think the women look hot but I never told them I am into huge fbbs.

Jan 04, 2022 - permalink

I am very athletic myself and so are also many of my friends. We're talking about girls and about sexual orientation, of course. It has never been a secret who prefers what kind of girls. And I have always emphasized loud and clearly how much muscular girls fascinate and impress me. When friends of mine don't share my taste, I even laugh at them. I call them "fearful rabbits" that only unsportsmanlike girls with soft bodies dare to touch. I ask them that they may not feel themselves strong enough to hug a strong girl. I have always looked for the sporty and strong female partners and found her strength very attractive. In my youth (70s 80s), girls unfortunately haven't done any bodybuilding. But I've always found strong and sporty partners. For many years I was an athlete, and studied at a sports college. Since 40 years I became a stuntman and lead a stuntteam. Physical training has always been part of my program in my life.

Jan 04, 2022 - permalink

Don´t get me wrong on this, but, why are people so afraid of telling others (specially their close ones) what they love? What could possibly happen? But then again, I ask to much. Be proud of what you love and admire.

Jan 04, 2022 - permalink

I've never told it to anyone and not planning to do so. I just talked about it in anonymous forums but not in real life.

But if I start a long term relationship at some day, then I will definitely tell it to my girlfriend. That's the only exception.

Jan 04, 2022 - permalink

I think it's all just overthinking, I hidden my love for muscular girls from my friend for a while until one day, one popped up on my feed on Instagram and my friend was like "Wow she looks pretty good" and then I told him I'm into fit women and it was simple like that.

Jan 05, 2022 - permalink

Literally a few days ago, I told a longtime friend that I did because I found out that he does also lol

Jan 05, 2022 - permalink

Yep.

I've told my wife. I told one past girlfriend. I've told some sex workers.

I also told a friend. I went so far as to tell him, I like a woman who will pin me down, preferably believably. I didn't get into details about my fantasies or ideal build or anything like that.

As to pekinbo's question as to why worry: people have opinions, and if those opinions are strongly negative they can affect a relationship. Maybe your question isn't meant to be literal? It seems pretty obvious so lmk what I'm missing. If you mean, "don't let fear of negatives stop you from being honest", I agree. It's all fine IF THINGS GO FINE. And it may be worth the risk of loss, to live honestly. But there CAN be negative consequences. Sometimes even close relationships can break over what should be a perfectly neutral revelation.

HWHero's response is one way, but it seems aggressive. Pre-emptively mocking your friends seems like a defensive compensation born out of your own fear. Why not like what you like, and let your friends do the same, without belittling them?

Jan 05, 2022 - edited Jan 05, 2022 - permalink

imagine being so oblivious to how much of a toxic cesspool one's own self-absorbed personality really is that their efforts in gatekeeping thread and forum discussion 'for its betterment' is exactly what gets them muted! gotta love the irony. my wager for when that would inevitably happen was late by a few more months but even so that was still far too long overdue.. win-win either way, as far as i'm concerned.

as per the topic in hand.. i tell anyone who'll listen. it's hardly the most quote-unquote shocking revelation i can make about myself, and for that reason among a few others of greater pertinence, i consider myself to be really fortunate that i'm surrounded by people who embrace who i am and what i like so readily. if anything, i'm guaranteed about a dozen musclegirl-related emails and messages on a weekly basis from friends, family, workmates - and one or two friends have even suggested setting me up with an athletic relative of theirs in the past.

i honestly wish that being open with what you like (within appropriate bounds, naturally) and in a grander context, being fully yourself, is something anyone and everyone of us can be afforded by our social circles.. provided ofc that you aren't an insufferable douchebag by default.

M76
Jan 05, 2022 - permalink

I think nobody advertises what their type is to their friends or anyone else. it is weird running around telling people Hi, I'm so and so, and I'm into muscular women!

Unless the topic is brought up by circumstance where it is necessary to divulge that information why would you feel the need to tell anyone. Did your best friend ever tell you what body type they are into?

« first < prev Page 1 of 2 next > last »