Forum > Image Themes > Thread

Regular Women of Fitness - the Not-Famous and Non-wealthy

Dec 25, 2021 - edited Dec 25, 2021 - permalink

A very large number of muscle girls are under age 35, many are in their early 20's. Despite this, there's no end of photos where they appear to live in the ornate luxury of the upper class.

Are there no muscle girls that are part of the EDIT: lower class (from: working class. I made the mistake of using the murkier "polite" modern way to say lower class.) and poor? Post their pics!

Dec 25, 2021 - permalink

she doesn't look poor to me

Dec 25, 2021 - permalink

she doesn't look poor to me

That was the point. Most pics I see look like hers... extremely wealthy. It was a counter-example of my reason for asking. I'd love to post on-topic examples myself, but I don't know of a single one, hence my need to ask in the forum.

Dec 25, 2021 - permalink

We live in the age of Instagram. Most people that age are obsessed with image so their images will almost always try to portray them as rich/bling lifestyle even when it's not the reality. If you believe the Internet, everyone's a multimillionaire flying on private jets to vacation in Turks and Caicos. Don't you believe it. LOL

Dec 25, 2021 - permalink

We live in the age of Instagram. Most people that age are obsessed with image so their images will almost always try to portray them as rich/bling lifestyle even when it's not the reality. If you believe the Internet, everyone's a multimillionaire flying on private jets to vacation in Turks and Caicos. Don't you believe it. LOL

Yes, Instagram is full of Narcissists trying to be a shiny object, and muscle girls are more likely than the general population to be narcissistic.

Faking wealth isn't as easy as you dismiss it to be. Anyone can pose outside an expensive house or car, posing inside requires access. Distinguishing between professional modeling photos and candids at home are obvious from their lighting. Candid selfies are more obvious.

Please stop derailing a thread intended for photos with unproductive replies.

I finally remembered some photos that may or may not qualify as "working class".

To start, once rumored to be one of the sweetest fbb's anyone had met, Gina Farnsworth...

Andrea Calhoun

Social media does distort things, but this is actually true to an extent. Getting in this kind of shape is almost a full time job in and of itself. So there is selection bias towards women who have time and resources on their hands. I've noticed a few categories:

1. Successful influencers. Many have actual wealth, but many if not all also portray an inaccurate image of themselves. They probably aren't upper class unless breaching 100K followers.

2. Successful athletes. Crossfit is the most common, because there's money in it. Many of these find more money in #1.

3. Wealthy husband. These days, in most 1st world countries, you have to be quite wealthy to allow the other partner to not work. Many women in #3 are fitness trainers, trying to become #1 or #2, often have an IG with 20-50K folllwers. They either succeed, or just eventually quit and disappear, especially if they have kids. Almost none of them make a good living off of being a trainer.

I'd say those three are 80% of women here. 20% are something else. Sadly, the 20% often don't last. Category #1 produces the most women here, and even the extremely successful ones still wash out (e.g. Cass Martin).

That said, they do exist. E.g. April Dumouchel, a parole officer for juvenile offenders, if her LinkedIn is accurate. She seems to have married, and has put her IG to private. The common cycle of death for these women.

Edit: So, if you're really interested in finding the 20%, look for women who overwhelmingly post gym photos, or outdoor photos. Women who post photos in a home are likely one of the three categories.

fp909
Dec 25, 2021 - permalink

I changed the title of the thread because the subject is fine but the title is dumb.

The reality is that anyone who can wind up on this site has the valuable resource of time.

If you are wealthy, you have plenty of time to work on your body.

If your profession is health and fitness, the majority of your time is already working on yours or other peoples bodies.

If you are a college student there is a pretty high abundance of time for you to build your classes and personal life around.

If you are single, you have more time to focus on fitness and not on family or whatever.

The above is right: social media distorts what we perceive and all these women living their best life…the majority of them are probably in major debt just like most of the country and are living above their means.

However I think there are plenty of easily spotable non-wealthy women, especially if they work regular jobs, have a low follower count, and aren’t too flashy.

Dec 25, 2021 - permalink

Realistically, most women here are at least top 20% wealth wise. I don't have hard proof, just a guess. While social media can be deceiving, it is actually pretty hard to fake wealth to those who are digging deeper than face value. I'd say around 1% of women here are "working class". Poverty and fitness don't mix, surprisingly.

Funny though, the photos posted by OP don't actually show significant wealth on their own. More context is needed. A home like that in the midwest USA would be ~200K, while a similar flat in NYC could be ~20m.

Dec 25, 2021 - permalink

Traci Rugged is a truck driver. And in addition, of course, have a coaching activity, like most girls on this site. Anyway,she is part of the working class.

fp909
Dec 25, 2021 - permalink

Also reality, even the lowest bracket of Americans do very well compared to a lot of the rest of the world.

If we choose to look at the facts rich neighbourhoods in rich countries live longer and healthier. That’s a fact. So in Stockholm where I live you will see successful middle class women with muscular bodies everywhere from 20-60 years of age.

When it comes to women who choose to become professional bodybuilders it’s only a question of interest and therefore I don’t see any of them in the upper class area where I live. The women with large muscles in Sweden you will find mostly in smaller towns and suburbs where she works out with her partner on their spare time. They will make time to become huge no matter what their profession or financial status is! It’s there life.

This is off course a generalisation, but I’ll bet all I have on my guess that this is what it looks like in every western country.

Dec 26, 2021 - edited Jul 15, 2022 - permalink

It seems like I unintentionally touched a nerve because I'm seeing a lot of strong opinions and discussion. Honestly since this section of the forum is dedicated to posting pics, that had been what I thought the responses would be.

I changed the title of the thread because the subject is fine but the title is dumb.

However I think there are plenty of easily spotable non-wealthy women, especially if they work regular jobs, have a low follower count, and aren’t too flashy.

Gina attained what might be considered fame as a muscle girl for her time. I don't know what her economic status was, but the idea I was interested in was specifically economic status, not fame which can often be brief but leave a lasting impression. Even a poor muscle girl can find her way to the spotlight of fame. Granted I come from a time before social media back when muscle girls could be "discovered" and grace the pages of Women's Physique World (WPW) magazine.

I'm betting it's possible to look through the archives of WPW and Strong and Shapely magazines, read the profiles and pick out the "discoveries" whose profiles indicate lower economic status.

I'm sure "Regular Women" was supposed to increase clarity, but for me it doesn't. In context, I'm interpreting it to mean not famous which wasn't my intent. For example, while I don't know if she was in a lower economic class, Chandra Coffey burst onto the scene, turned a bunch of heads (including mine), then vanished.

https://www.google.com/search?q=chandra+coffe...

While social media can be deceiving, it is actually pretty hard to fake wealth to those who are digging deeper than face value. I'd say around 1% of women here are "working class". Poverty and fitness don't mix, surprisingly.

Funny though, the photos posted by OP don't actually show significant wealth on their own. More context is needed. A home like that in the midwest USA would be ~200K, while a similar flat in NYC could be ~20m.

EDIT: [Added: I misunderstood. You meant the first post with pics of Madison Biethman where you said Midwestern homes like hers are "~200K". The link in her name above is to her bathroom which by itself is larger than the bedroom in most any 200K home. Her bedroom is so big, it has its own living room. To restate, the pics in the first post were a counter example.]

In both sets of photos [EDIT: Of Gina Farnsworth and Andrea Calhoun], it's clear they are renting apartments. Both are modestly furnished, likely 1 or 2 bedroom apartments.

Modern fitness movements I've seen trending within poor sectors are calisthenics in public parks. Youtube has recommended to me some videos of young men that live in public housing using public parks to get jacked. I tried searching for women and may have struck gold with the search below.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=...

Dec 26, 2021 - permalink

Traci Rugged is a truck driver. And in addition, of course, have a coaching activity, like most girls on this site. Anyway,she is part of the working class.

I looked through her GWM gallery.

This looks like an earlier photo. Can't tell if it's a house or apartment. The furniture is modest but the living room and kitchen area is huge.

After that, it appears her income went up significantly. She appears to have moved into a large ornate new house.

Dec 26, 2021 - edited Dec 26, 2021 - permalink

Modern fitness movements I've seen trending within poor sectors are calisthenics in public parks. Youtube has recommended to me some videos of young men that live in public housing using public parks to get jacked.

Men have it easier than women when it comes to building muscle and general fitness. A full time, around the clock effort for a woman on this site to maintain their physique translates to just hours per day for many men. So economic status isn't as strong of an influence for them.

That said, it's a common video topic to train in public spaces or with minimal equipment, or in those Flintstones-themed gyms to sell the idea "anyone can be me!", so YouTube is a poor place to look.

At the end of a day, if two women from different socioeconomic statuses achieve a great look, then it doesn't matter in my opinion. It's just that you will more often see the affluent end.

Honestly since this section of the forum is dedicated to posting pics, that had been what I thought the responses would be.

Well, for reasons I outlined, this topic is a hard ask. Single fitness trainers are usually the biggest category of poorer women in great shape. Even so, most of them marry wealthier men eventually and quit the awful grind of personal training, so their time in peak condition is incredibly short lived compared to most influencers or athletes.

Traci Rugged is a truck driver.

Which is actually a solid job that can net a very confortable living at least in the U.S.

Dec 26, 2021 - permalink

Men have it easier than women when it comes to building muscle and general fitness. A full time, around the clock effort for a woman on this site to maintain their physique translates to just hours per day for many men. So economic status isn't as strong of an influence for them.

I realize the prevalence of steroids by most women seen here on GWM distorts things, but women can build muscle too. I've been in romantic relationships with two. The most recent was probably between figure and fitness size. She was simply consistent and dedicated.

Well, for reasons I outlined, this topic is a hard ask. Single fitness trainers are usually the biggest category of poorer women in great shape. Even so, most of them marry wealthier men eventually and quit the awful grind of personal training, so their time in peak condition is incredibly short lived compared to most influencers or athletes.

Fitness training is also a "solid job that can net a very comfortable living at least in the US".

Dec 26, 2021 - permalink

Dara Trager

Lisa Marie Bickels

-

Toni Christina Jenkins

She was a waitress at Red Lobster (in 2013) that supposedly was left with a nasty racist note on the receipt instead of a tip. She posted a pic of the receipt on her Facebook and it went viral.

Dec 26, 2021 - permalink

A girl with muscles who is flat broke or has tons of money but is skin and bones? Muscles win easily

Dec 26, 2021 - permalink

I finally managed to remember one from many years ago that I can verify was in the working poor economic class based on her own bio.

She was a checker (cashier) at an Albertson's Grocery Store. Although by the time she was in the limelight she was married which improved her economic status for the better. For the 6 or more years prior, she was likely paycheck to paycheck as she built muscle and developed most of her physique.

Malissa Robles

Bio: https://www.amg-lite.net/malissa_robles/

Jul 15, 2022 - permalink

Mods:

Would a mod kindly change the topic title. The current title isn't what I intended. My focus was on lower economic status, not on fame or lack thereof.

The "the Not-Famous" part completely changes the OP's intent (me).

Perhaps "Women of Fitness with Lower Economic Status" instead?

fp909
Jul 15, 2022 - permalink

I don’t think it warrants changing. Seems weird to be focusing on what you might say is “poor” when MOST people are working class. There are very few well off bodybuilders, and most of the ones that look like they have a nice lifestyle are just influencer hacks.

Jul 15, 2022 - permalink

I don’t think it warrants changing. Seems weird to be focusing on what you might say is “poor” when MOST people are working class. There are very few well off bodybuilders, and most of the ones that look like they have a nice lifestyle are just influencer hacks.

My original topic title and language phrasing was "working class" and the title was changed and criticized as "dumb" then. I changed my phrasing to lower income / economic class to try and provide clarity but that's wrong too?

Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

Now the entire topic is "weird" because you don't personally find it of interest? I found it of interest for the very reason that its not seen (as much anymore) and prior to my recent response it generated interest enough for 19 posts. Of course nearly every response was focused on modern social media trends, but femuscle as with most things predates social media, and as with most things, not everyone is obsessed with it or uses it as a channel. The classical routes were always photography shared in magazines and in traditional web content like this website does of photo galleries and forums. Hence I'd think this place would understand that social media isn't the end all be all.

I've been a known user in the femuscle community since the mid 1990's and Usenet. I'm known to a ton of femuscle artists from Wreckshop's forum, from Lingster's forum, from the DianaTheValkrie forum, and from DeviantArt.

GWM has become the largest gallery website. I'm not as interactive now as when I was younger but I've made a few efforts to participate in GWM by either uploading pics or posting in the forum.

Most of my pic uploads despite my good faith efforts at meeting the criteria outlined get deleted with reasons cited such as "no visible muscle" when it's a known competitor with muscle visible.

Most of my forum posts thus far despite my good intentions seem to be met with adversarial responses.

Frankly, while I know there are already a large number of users here, I would think the mods would want to encourage and be welcoming to new users. Instead the mods themselves casually resort to ad hominems, several times in this thread alone. I find that puzzling and disappointing because it seems nothing I say or do is ever going to "start things out on the right foot".

Jul 15, 2022 - permalink

Forums are like that mate, mods are by nature vindictive

Jul 15, 2022 - edited Jul 15, 2022 - permalink
Deleted by damagecontrol
« first < prev Page 1 of 2 next > last »