Forum > Image Themes > Thread

A Tribute to Katie Lee Arms

fp909
Sep 05, 2021 - permalink

More like 4 weeks now since the video is two weeks old. I think that’s the end of her scheduled treatments? But it looks like she’s been able to add some stuff like coffee and beef into her diet again after having to ease her way back in.

She was going her sort of regular training plus BJJ and MMA training like every day. She really wasn’t resting or recovering

Sep 05, 2021 - permalink

I think the harsh MMA/BJJ training and stress that went along with it is the cause for it. Barely a year into it and something like this happens? That has to be the cause. She has stated that she wants to get back to where she was, but in a recent post she reiterated that even she doesn't know whether she'll ever get as big as she used to be and that it makes her sad. But in the end it really just goes to show how important health is and that it should never be overlooked. She was putting far too much stress on her body in order to achieve her goals and her body fought back.

Sep 05, 2021 - permalink

thats true but like many profiles eventually you have to start scrolling, especially now that you have to work through a lot of post-illness and BJJ stuff and bad relationship stuff from the last two years.

I mean her profile here, not her insta.

fp909
Sep 05, 2021 - permalink

i have no idea how her particular school is awarding belts, but my friends who were recently promoted to blue belt were whites for a year and a half to two years, and the gym I went to for a hot second to try out it was partly based on attendance. i'm pretty sure she got there in a year AND did a bunch of competitions along the way, both gi and no gi. Plus striking work, plus her workouts. She was really filling her time.

She was in a really bad relationship prior. if anyone remembers the period where she was in California, there was a lot of sunglasses on posts, a lot of text blocks talking about emotional/spiritual healing afterwards, also generally a lot of what I consider emotional SOS kind of text posts, where there's a lot of the kind of fitness influencer talk that drives me nuts. I wonder if part of her "recovery" from that period was throwing herself at this new stuff.

Sep 05, 2021 - permalink

Who was her ex?

fp909
Sep 05, 2021 - permalink

some jiujitsu guy, you can prob find him in some of her photos or tagged photos. dunno if she removed any of them.

Sep 05, 2021 - permalink

Oh I hope she wasn't get abused.

Heard too many stories of Jiu Jitsu guys and domestic violence/drugs abuse

Sep 05, 2021 - permalink

Marcel Louzado BJJ world champion?

fp909
Sep 05, 2021 - permalink

think thats him

Sep 05, 2021 - edited Sep 06, 2021 - permalink

I've heard about him... he was quite abusive and controlling. He would get aggressive whenever she would so much as speak to someone of the opposite sex. The guy was a complete psycho.

Sep 05, 2021 - permalink

Wow looks like the guy has a history https://twitter.com/CarlaEsparza1/status/7304...

This guy looks like a total scumbag

fp909
Sep 06, 2021 - permalink

huh interesting that Carla spoke out about it--this predates their relationship by a couple of years too. Wonder how the two met--i forget if they were seeing each other prior to her moving out here but considering what this guy sounds like it might have been a forced move.

Sep 06, 2021 - permalink

Anyone else think she looks good now? (I do)

Sep 06, 2021 - permalink

Yeah I do as well. If she's healthy now, I love her actual shape, maybe she's not gonna be as massive as in the past but if she'll stay fit and natural I'm pretty sure she's gonna be super beautiful with some nice muscles as well. Health first.

Anyone else think she looks good now? (I do)

Sep 06, 2021 - permalink

Yeah, without the fake muscles, you really notice how attractive she actually is.

That being said, I'm gonna go pay some roided camgirl to take her clothes off. cya!

Sep 06, 2021 - permalink

Lo legit 👌🏻😅

Yeah, without the fake muscles, you really notice how attractive she actually is.

That being said, I'm gonna go pay some roided camgirl to take her clothes off. cya!

Oct 20, 2021 - permalink

She had a digestive track disease it basically ate her away. This is two weeks ago:

Digestive track disease eats so much of the muscles in the body that it's gonna be a long a head for Katie Lee to really recover. But to me personally her bodybuilding days are officially over. The human body is never the same after having a digestive track disease.

fp909
Oct 20, 2021 - permalink

She’s training with her old longtime coach again. It seems like some weights are moving fairly well for her—she posted this pic recently and the caption suggests that’s the physique she is working toward. So no bodybuilding days but I don’t think she’ll stop working on her peaks!!

Oct 20, 2021 - permalink

First, she wasn’t training for bodybuilding anymore. She shifted her focus to MMA. Second, she is STILL an amazing woman. We should be focused on her returning to good health, which is what she intends to do. There is no doubt she had the greatest pair of biceps in physique, but that era is past. Let’s focus on where she is today and helping her get to her goals.

fp909
Oct 20, 2021 - permalink

For sure. I don’t think any of us expect her to return to her pre-illness size and even that was majorly downsized from her largest. The photo I linked was probably smaller still than right before she got sick. I still think she wants aesthetics but something workable with MMA. Although man I wish I could have gotten stuck in a guillotine with those peaks….

Oct 20, 2021 - permalink

Is she still doing bjj?

fp909
Oct 20, 2021 - permalink

she has returned to training, both on the mat and in the weight room!

Oct 20, 2021 - permalink

Yes, she has returned to training, but not for bodybuilding or physique.

she has returned to training, both on the mat and in the weight room!

fp909
Oct 20, 2021 - permalink

I still expect her to put on some muscle but I don’t think she’ll get in the gear again for sure

« first < prev Page 2 of 3 next > last »