Forum > Site Discussion > Thread

[Suggestion] Penalty for uploads without names

Oct 01, 2023 - permalink

https://www.girlswithmuscle.com/images/?poste...

The above user is the worst offender... he has free reign to post at will, no limits and knows damn well what the girl's name is if you look at the "source" name. He may list one with a full name, the next one with just a first name and a bunch that are blank. Again he knows the name, look at the source name and look back through his uploads. It's been going on forever, unchecked. I used to name them when I came across them, but I get nothing for it and he continues the same pattern.

tempp, 300,000 uploads and maybe, only half named.

Oct 02, 2023 - permalink

That’s another interesting point. I suspect many users add names to others’ uploads when they know them, with some users making extra efforts to do so. The right sort of statistic/score can possibly recognize those efforts.

Oct 02, 2023 - edited Oct 02, 2023 - permalink

"the above user is the worst offender..... Tempp, 300,000 uploads and maybe, only half named."

Dude, you've been whining about Tempp for years. I've tuned you out; and I don't score your uploads; as a result. But, I'll post another reply since your comment about "half named" is not accurate.

I'd guess that 95%+ of his/her uploads have the first name. I still dig out the name from his/her uploads when I have time. And I'll include the last name if I know it. I like Tempp's uploads and appreciate his/her contributions.

Oct 02, 2023 - edited Oct 02, 2023 - permalink

muscleflexin:

The above user is the worst offender...

tempp, 300,000 uploads and maybe, only half named.

This made me curious about the actual percentage so I checked:

As of this post, tempp has:

5,753 unnamed images

281,509 total uploads

2.04362916% of total uploads are unnamed

While nowhere close to half, 6K unnamed images is still pretty unwieldy.

If there's a way to search for tempp uploads with first name only, I don't know it, but that too would be interesting.

I doubt @Chainer would be willing to add RegEx searching to the advanced search. (For those unfamiliar with what a RegEx is, aka a Regular Expression, it's a programmatic search protocol used by computer nerds. And yes, I'm oversimplifying what it is. Look it up at your own peril. Mwaha... mwaha-ha... mwaha-ha-ha-hahhhhh!!! {/END EVIL-MANIACAL LAUGHTER})

Oct 02, 2023 - permalink

I think that coming upon a photo lacking a name is part of the fun of GWM. Presents a challenge during an idle moment and, quite often, I will add the name to the photo if I am certain of who it is. I would miss the chance to 'adjust' things if strict rules were imposed and the 'lazy' posters were excommunicated or otherwise.

Oct 02, 2023 - permalink

I think that coming upon a photo lacking a name is part of the fun of GWM. Presents a challenge during an idle moment and, quite often, I will add the name to the photo if I am certain of who it is. I would miss the chance to 'adjust' things if strict rules were imposed and the 'lazy' posters were excommunicated or otherwise.

Agreed-- is there a way to recognize that naming is a game for some users and introduce rewards for it?

Oct 02, 2023 - permalink

Thanks Asianfitnessfan! What a great idea!!! I love it!!!

Oct 03, 2023 - edited Oct 03, 2023 - permalink

Talking of (dis)incentives/penalties, I just noticed my manual upload to the site reduced from 5 to just 2. I was not aware til this thread that we were penalized for duplicates. I just had a paysite pic deleted the other day but that isn't so frequent ( I sometimes report paysite pics myself) so my question is about duplicates. If I know a women by name I often try to check their gallery before posting but that's time consuming if they have lots of pages of pics already. I bet most uploaders dont even bother. The likelihood is if they are a well known woman, their pic has already been uploaded. But not always.

Then you attempt an upload : You may then get automatically told it is "already on the site"- so how does it define the duplicate? By filename? by file size? by resolution? a combination of properties?

Or it is not identified as a duplicate , but later is merged - your upload you could not identify but they were on the site under their assigned name, which you did not know at the time. Presumably someone manually recognised the woman and named them and the Admins merged. You dont get the chance to delete your original upload and reset your upload limit.

However, you uploaded in good faith an image without a name, the system could not find an immediate duplicate but still it seems, get penalised.

I don't think that "the system" automatically identifies duplicates. I know that I report a lot of duplicates. I commend you for at least trying to check to see if a picture or clip has already been uploaded. Too many don't.

What's funny, for me, is somebody uploading a picture when the very same picture was uploaded a day or two before. The first upload should be easy to find. The second (or third, or fourth, or....) uploader was just lazy.

Regarding pay site photos, I see a lot of those being uploaded from Womens Physique World / Ray Martin. That site is still active. I'm familiar with it because I bought a bunch of photo galleries from them in the more distant past (meaning the 2000s through about 2012). The style of photography, and cloths of the models, are pretty obvious to people familiar with the site. I still occasionally view my purchases there, and on Tough girls dot com, a companion site, since the sites store your purchased stuff.

I don't think that "the system" automatically identifies duplicates.

Yes it tries to , instantly, and is usually correct (or it actually helps me to identify a woman on a pic when I do not have the name) and will then not allow you to upload that file - Ok, But whatever criteria it uses, obviously it isn't 100% accurate and dups slip through. In fact, if you then put an unidentified pic through an image search engine, you often get either this site in the results which also confirms it's already on it - or often no site seems to have it . Google image search has deteriorated lately with the emphasis on Google lens. I even have an extension that disables Google Lens as default.

Oct 03, 2023 - permalink

Hmmm. I have not had a recent experience where the system tells me a picture is already on site. I vaguely recall it happening from when I first began to upload in February, 2018. But, I don't upload that many pictures and, these days, usually only women I have already uploaded.

« first < prev Page 4 of 4 next > last »