Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Girls that were going to be great but QUIT!

« first < prev Page 18 of 20 next > last »
Dec 12, 2021 - permalink

> Megan Elizabeth Colvin could have been world class, one of the best ever but she quit due to bodyshaming if I'm correct > > Which is a shame because she clearly had superior genetics, amazing traps, unique insertions, top conditioning and she packed lots of mass for such a short frame. > > > > > > It's a real shame because when she stopped she was just starting going to a whole new level > > Look at those veins, traps and cannonball delts

You see on the recent photo she lost all her muscle...

Think she just passed away….

fp909
Dec 13, 2021 - permalink

Rachael Okeefe. She's quit bodybuilding completely.

This one is crazy to me because I feel like she just got on peoples radars at the back end of 2020 and then just bounced very quickly after.

Dec 13, 2021 - permalink

Think she just passed away….

Does anyone know how she died? It happened suddenly but I was busy with work at the time, so never could follow up with specifics. Her last instagram post was about self harm...

fp909
Dec 13, 2021 - permalink

Judging by the reactions/lack of info it was suicide. That’s usually how it is for the people that I’ve known that have died that way. Zero details, no follow up, friends and family also get very defensive if asked.

Dec 13, 2021 - permalink

Judging by the reactions/lack of info it was suicide. That’s usually how it is for the people that I’ve known that have died that way. Zero details, no follow up, friends and family also get very defensive if asked.

I thought as much. Just wanted some confirmation, or hopefully a different method. I only had one small interaction with her, when we trained at the same gym. I generally avoided her because of the tattoos, but I heard she was a pretty nice person. I wasn't aware of her many struggles.

Dec 13, 2021 - edited Dec 13, 2021 - permalink

Does anyone know how she died? It happened suddenly but I was busy with work at the time, so never could follow up with specifics. Her last instagram post was about self harm...

Suicide she had a mental disorder that she struggled with and used bodybuilding as a way to deal with it I believe once her ex left her things started to spiral and got even worse when her family convinced her to quit bodybuilding all together, if I remember correctly she mentioned in a video that they "thought she looked like a freak". R.I.P mighty mouse

Dec 13, 2021 - permalink

Suicide she had a mental disorder that she struggled with and used bodybuilding as a way to deal with it I believe once her ex left her things started to spiral and got even worse when her family convinced her to quit bodybuilding all together, if I remember correctly she mentioned in a video that they "thought she looked like a freak". R.I.P mighty mouse

Wow, that's terrible. Also, Laura Bass died at the beginning of this year, I believe from suicide, also. Not sure about Melissa Coates, but I imagine the same way...

Dec 13, 2021 - permalink

Wow, that's terrible. Also, Laura Bass died at the beginning of this year, I believe from suicide, also. Not sure about Melissa Coates, but I imagine the same way...

Nicole Bosworth (AKA KinkyNirvana) died earlier this year too...I believe it was an overdose or potential suicide as well.

When I met my wife in Russia she was suffering from depression due to not being able to conceive a child because of an accident that occurred with her a few years back. She contemplated suicide and attempted it once. But when I introduced her to bodybuilding she started getting better and more confident in herself. And from then on it was a bodybuilder life for her. Not one family member told her to quit because they know it was helping her. It's not that way for some female bodybuilders out there because of the pressure of family to quit and so much more.

Dec 13, 2021 - permalink

Does anybody know what happened to Alex Lisa ? She was sooo hot and on her way to greatness and then seemed to completely disappear ? link text

Dec 13, 2021 - permalink

While we're at it, I'd really like to know what happened to the whereabouts of Fay Ellis. She hasn't been active on her IG since 2020.

fp909
Dec 13, 2021 - permalink

well no clue where she is but i had completely forgot about her. she's been barely active on facebook so she's alive, but it's mostly reactions to posts she's tagged in. zero updates in a year which is too bad.

Dec 13, 2021 - permalink

This one is crazy to me because I feel like she just got on peoples radars at the back end of 2020 and then just bounced very quickly after.

I noticed this as well, she took all her gym pic's down from her ig but I haven't seen her say why or anything

Dec 13, 2021 - permalink

Where did Jen Rish go?

Dec 13, 2021 - permalink

Nicole Bosworth (AKA KinkyNirvana) died earlier this year too...I believe it was an overdose or potential suicide as well.

That's so sad.

Dec 13, 2021 - permalink

Anyone know what's happened to Rene Campbell seems to have disappeared

Dec 13, 2021 - permalink

Yes, the loss of Nicole was a great one! What an amazing young woman. At one point, her muscles were quite built up and she was extremely lean. The roundness of her two biceps was almost unprecedented. But, also, her very kinky side seemed to me to reveal a lot of pain. It's just tragic that a friend did not intervene and save her from herself. We will all miss her greatly,

Dec 13, 2021 - permalink

Anyone know what's happened to Rene Campbell seems to have disappeared

She was online last month https://www.instagram.com/p/CV7tKMUIU0W/?hl=en

cgsweat
Dec 13, 2021 - permalink

Rachael Okeefe. She's quit bodybuilding completely.

She deleted everything related to bodybuilding on her account and lost all her mass very quickly. Shame... I guess bodybuilding wasn't for her. Kind of reminds me of Georgina McConnell.

Dec 13, 2021 - permalink

She deleted everything related to bodybuilding on her account and lost all her mass very quickly. Shame... I guess bodybuilding wasn't for her. Kind of reminds me of Georgina McConnell.

I went to her Instagram and was stunned to learn that she is 23. She looks so much older.

It looks like she went way too hard too fast with the gear. I wonder if that’s the case for a lot of young bodybuilders who are red hot for a year or two then quit

fp909
Dec 13, 2021 - permalink

Def also has one of those looks where people are like the same age for 20 years.

cgsweat
Dec 13, 2021 - permalink

I wonder if that’s the case for a lot of young bodybuilders who are red hot for a year or two then quit

It's like the saying:

"The candle that burns twice as bright burns half as long."

fp909
Dec 13, 2021 - permalink

This is pure speculation but I wonder if location has anything to do with it.

Places that aren’t as heavily populated as say maybe a NY or LA or London probably won’t have as many pressures to look or be a certain way. Always wonder why there is lots of fitness happening in Texas, or the Midwest, or Scandinavian countries.

If anyone remembers like 10 years ago there was a big uproar about an ad company running bikini ads in the London Underground and people complained about “unrealistic body standards”. Social media doesn’t help either since you can just post shit without much repercussion.

cgsweat

That's the stigma of social media. I've seen people literally spend almost every waking moment staring at their phone, browsing around on IG, FB, YT, TW, etc etc...

They're constantly comparing themselves to other people. The problem is that much of what people post is straight up BS. Photoshopped pictures, some inspirational line stolen from someone else, posing in front of someone else's yacht or lambo, etc. But the average person doesn't think much on it and believes every bit of it. Then they end up feeling like failures because they can't achieve the same level of fake lifestyles they're presented with repeatedly on a daily basis.

cgsweat
Dec 13, 2021 - permalink

So I don't know that location matters as much these days since they (especially the younger crowd) are so absorbed in the digital world.

« first < prev Page 18 of 20 next > last »