Forum > Site Discussion > Thread

What is GWM?

Jun 28, 2015 - permalink
Recently it was published this topic http://forum.girlswithmuscle.com/index.php?topic=4397.0 This has led me to think if it is clear what type of girl that should be in GWM. And therefore, if there is a clear answer to the question: What is GWM? This topic is very subjective, so we can not speak of a strict definition, but I think the administrators could be clearer in this regard.

I want to share some thoughts on the subject. Excuse my bad English is not my mother language.

I will start with the name of this website: Girls With Muscles. I think it is reasonable to think that GWM is a page contains pictures of girls with a visibly larger muscles that having a normal woman. Otherwise the name GWM would be a meaningless name like Steven.

Formerly the "About" supported this idea, if I'm not mistaken GWM was defined as "an attempt to gather in one place photographs free of muscular women." Recently they changed this section. http://www.girlswithmuscle.com/about/This definition is much more ambiguous than the last.

To begin "a community effort to recognize". This phrase has no relation to a photo page. One could understand, for example, as a page to raise funds to support these athletes. What they mean by "fitnnes model"? Refer to any girl who competes in that category. But there are many competing fitnnes that have a body similar to that of a fashion model, so they are not girls with muscles.

Moderation rules do not help to clarify these points.

The rule of "Facial beauty and femininity matter.". How do you understand this rule? As first one speaks of the face, it stands to reason that "femininity matter" refers to the body. But it refers to the shape or size? In the "About" speaks of "effort to Recognize (...) bodybuilders". It is understood that the FBB have their place in GWM. But the muscles of FBB have a size which could not be considered feminine. And neither it has the pear shape which has a female body. In addition very few have a pretty face.

And what would happen to Dana Linn Bailey, she is very pretty face, but he has a body with broad shoulders and thin hips unfeminine. Is it possible that a girl with muscles have a female body shape?

And what about Gracyanne Barbosa, she has a very sexy body, but if you think about it. To what extent can be considered  feminine to have a quadricep than 31.5 in? Is there a muscle size that is feminine?

If you apply this rule strictly only qualify girls as Anllela Sagra and and is not a girl with muscles.

About the rule of "overly / obviously masculine facial features" seems reasonable that exists. Excessive word would deter the people of accepting photos of models like Renne Toney. But "obvious" word generates an ambiguity. All FBB have the characteristic wide jaw and obviously that is something masculine. Even Danielle Reardon has. Apply this rule strictly would be no FBB in GWM. This contradicts the "About" section.

I think these ambiguities make it possible to justify the presence in GWM fashion models, bikini and Brazilian big ass who has no muscles in GWM.

lotsandlotsapoo
Jun 29, 2015 - permalink
meh
dongonzor
Jul 03, 2015 - permalink
I wouldn't take this all so seriously kakuzade. What type of girls one considers to be appropriate to be on GWM will always be subjective. But the good thing on GWM is - in the end the community decides as a "swarm" what pictures are allowed on to the site and which pics get high ratings. There will never be a precise definition which type of women should be on this site because people (and GWMs too) are different.
Jul 07, 2015 - permalink

I'm not talking about exact definitions. I'm just saying they could leave things clearer. I think the contradictions and ambiguities
that mark before they are objective.

It would be good, at least, clarify that GWM girls have to show some muscle. This would discourage the members of upload photos of girls with nothing
muscle as Anllela Sagra and also improve the ratings.

The voting system has become very whimsical. It is illogical that a skinny model as Sagra is accepted in GWM, and who decline a beautiful gif I made of the legs of Maria Aparecida Bradley. The "poetic" which is the about promoting these situations.

Moreover together with these skinny girls have also come members only come to see that kind of girl, and they are repulsive the girls with muscles.

And along with those members they have begun to appear comments as "that horrible, it looked much better before", "looks like a man" or "pours steroids." It is good that finds many types of members with different tastes and they like different types of girl, provided they are girls with muscles.

With the old About could say "GWM is a site for muscular girls, if you do not like can go elsewhere." But with the new About it is harder.
Jul 08, 2015 - permalink
Just browse and enjoy man....lifes too short to be so...I dont know.....anomalous
Jul 11, 2015 - permalink
Anomalous?
Jul 12, 2015 - permalink
Yup
bombomper
Jul 13, 2015 - permalink
If we're getting technical, 'girls with muscle' is a two-axis spectrum in my mind.

I couldn't think of someone to fill the lower left part of the diagram, and a Victoria's Secret or practically any other celebrity could fill the lower right.

Jul 13, 2015 - permalink
@bombomper....very good and very funny actually....bottom left could be Rosie O'Donnell, bottom right could be Selma Hayak....but guys, seriously....just enjoy the site...
Sep 14, 2015 - permalink

@dongonzor

Is good to discuss these topics.

You can not cover everything in life. If GWM not clarify a little  better than WGM is a site for girls with muscles, begin to have problems.

In fact there are now.

Personally I find it tiring moderate when I have to spend half an hour giving "NO" to all brazilian big ass and other skinny on duty. It's something stopping me to moderate, I just do it because I know that members who upload these photos give them the "YES" and "NO" to the girls with muscles.

Furthermore, these members can be very toxic with your comments as I said above.

These problems are objective and I think clarify the profile of GWM help fix them.

@bombomper Danielle Reardon meets the rule of "femininity" if you interpret that this rule aims to establish a difference between Danielle and, for example, Rene Tony. You understand so because you're a fan of FBB. But if you're a normal person, you understand feminine as a woman with a delicate face and a skinny body pear-shaped. Obviously Danielle is not feminine in this regard. Not even Gracyanne Barbosa is.

So I think it would have to check the rule of "femininity". What sense has? Do FBB should not be in GWM? What girl with muscles is feminine? I think this rule causes more problems than solutions.
Oct 15, 2015 - permalink
I rate, tag and report probably more than 30 pics per day to try and get things more in line with what I think the site rules are and to keep things organized. There are people who however just upload a pic of any girl doing a bicep flex and rate every pic a 10 and don't tag any of the pics.
As many of us who want to see the site run well need to moderate more of the pics to keep things in order to help the site moderators.
Nov 06, 2015 - permalink
I do the same.

But it is difficult for the moderation of photos work well if administrators do not make it clearer that kind of girl should be in GWM.
lotsandlotsapoo
Nov 20, 2015 - permalink
It's pretty clear, and explicit in the rules. YOU have very narrow ideas about what belongs here and what doesn't. You're entitled to your own tastes, but you're not entitled to impose them on everyone. If you want a narrower set of rules, go make your own site. Otherwise, use the rating system like everyone else does, and quit your crusade to censor every image that doesn't cater to your exact tastes.
sthenolagnia
Nov 21, 2015 - permalink
No system is perfect, but we could try to make them better. The part about being visibly muscular seems to be much ignored these days. Take this pic, for example:

http://www.girlswithmuscle.com/609305/aleesha-young

If you don't recognize her face, what do you see? I see a round-figured, thick-framed girl with big breasts. Not bad looking at all, but is that a qualified pic, not to mention getting 5 10's at the point I'm writing this?

On a not totally unrelated note, the limit of 100 upload at one time for each user is just too generous. Good pics are not easy to find and whoever posts 100 pics at once is simply not being selective enough. There are guys who appear to have discovered a girl's instagram or facebook page recently, got over-excited, and migrated all her pics to GWM. I tried moderating a couple of times, but got so bored from having to see tens of pics of a same girl, and in very similar poses.

I think the limit should be lowered to 20.
Nov 22, 2015 - permalink
@lotsandlotsapoo The ambiguities and contradictions are objective I wrote here, otherwise, explain each one and show me that you to deny bases.

@Sthenolagnia I had no idea that there was a limit for uploaded images. I agree with you, it may be too. The ideal would be the number was up by rank member.
noswal
Nov 27, 2015 - permalink
I agree with you Sthenolagnia, the amount of absolute trashy photo's uploaded by the multiple pic  uploads who do it only for max pic ratings is diplorable---we all know who are the culprits!!!.

Also (most often) they don't put a name to the pic---infuriating top say the least

I have spoken to Admin about it who appear not to give a monkeys!!

I often do a stint on verification--I am astonished at the low quality pics (inc. bad selfies) are uploaded!!.

Muscular must always apply
noswal
Nov 27, 2015 - permalink
I should have said " multiple pic unloaders" !!
Jan 09, 2016 - permalink
It's pretty clear, and explicit in the rules. YOU have very narrow ideas about what belongs here and what doesn't. You're entitled to your own tastes, but you're not entitled to impose them on everyone. If you want a narrower set of rules, go make your own site. Otherwise, use the rating system like everyone else does, and quit your crusade to censor every image that doesn't cater to your exact tastes.

The ideas aren't what's narrow, the rules have narrowed down the images that should be uploaded and people aren't following it. No one is looking to impose their tastes on anyone we simply just want to see the rules followed to keep things organized.

lotsandlotsapoo
Jan 12, 2016 - permalink
Would that that were true, but it's not just the rules as given that people are following when moderating, they are adding their own preferences to the decision about whether to approve the image or not. They can do that in the rating system; it is not what the moderation system is for.
Thread locked by cgsweat.
« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »