Forum > Site Discussion > Thread

Malware

ducky
Sep 25, 2012 - permalink
Another malware attempt was made today seconds after I clicked on the GWM link. I know, I continue to go on and on about the malware infesting the main site but next to nothing has been done about it. >:(

ducky
Sep 26, 2012 - permalink
Ditto!
ducky
Oct 02, 2012 - permalink
And so it continues ... with no harm done, but will there never be an end to it?
Chainer
Oct 05, 2012 - permalink
In this thread:

Look, I know the ads are bad. If I could have the Google ads back, I would, but I can't. This is because as a site that most ad providers classify as "adult", I have a really hard time getting ads that both allow the site, and actually pay a non-negligible amount of money.

The good news is that the ads, while annoying, seem to work OK (virus-free) for most people. And for the people who do have problems, I've made the disable ads page that you can find here. Beyond that, I'm sorry, but there isn't really anything I can do. If the disable ads page isn't good enough for you, get an ad blocker, such as Adblock / Adblock Plus (for Chrome / Firefox, respectively). I've been using Adblock for years and it works great and is easy to install.

Please stop bumping this thread every two weeks just to complain about the situation. If you have a constructive solution that could actually help, that's fine, but until then you're just beating a dead horse.
unclebuck
Oct 05, 2012 - permalink
Take your browser out of "private browsing" mode. Yes, it'll keep your history. But it'll also keep you signed in. The page will open with you signed it (with ads disabled). No more racing against an ad to type your password/username. You'll never have a problem again. Sure I'd rather have the privacy setting. But the virus threat is bad enough to make this fix worth it.
joe camel
Oct 06, 2012 - permalink
For what its worth i just bookmark GWM, so no need to google it and click the link more than likely that's how your getting infected, also adblock plus works well to and browser protect all fire fox adons, good luck and safe surfing. ;)
Oct 25, 2012 - permalink
Getting warnings again from my new anti-virus program....
tigersan
Apr 21, 2013 - permalink
Just so you guys and modearators, but most of all owner of this website know... Chrome and google officially sees this website as unsafe and malware filled.
Just so u guys know...
Apr 21, 2013 - permalink
Yes, it seems to have started again today.
dojol
Apr 21, 2013 - permalink
msclfn
Apr 21, 2013 - permalink
switch of ads and malware stops
chief ouray
Apr 21, 2013 - permalink
I have ads switched off and still get the Google warning using Safari browser. No warning when using Firefox.   ????
anon-e-mouse
Apr 22, 2013 - permalink
First time I've ever encountered this problem. Chrome and Firefox warning me of malware but I.E. allowing me access. Something ought to be done... :-[
chief ouray
Apr 22, 2013 - permalink
I also got a warning from Firefox about an hour later. No warning this morning from Safari.
msclfn
Apr 22, 2013 - permalink
Yes looks like the problem has been solved no warning under firefox anymore
May 01, 2013 - permalink
I just got that today using IE.  I just posted another complaint under the ad topic also but noticed I was getting the infection (which is a spam ad basically) again today myself.  If you click on it it will prob load itself onto your computer so don't say OK or do anything the ad or report says. 
Jul 27, 2013 - permalink
Malware is keeping me from transitioning from my old browser (IE 8.0) to my new browser Chrome. Other people must have had this problem before, and it may be documented on a forum here.

In my old browser, I was permanently signed in on GirlsWithMuscle and selected to turn Ads Off. That kept the malware from attacking me. Now I can't sign in with the new browser (Chrome) because as soon as I visit the site, malware is redirecting me to update my Flash player or do something else that's boobytrapped. How do I sign in again without malware problems getting in the way?
Jul 27, 2013 - permalink
I solved the problem I ran into earlier today (transitioning to Chrome despite malware). Chrome has browser settings that let the user request "Do not track" to a website, and Chrome lets you browse incognito. Those features kept my browser from being redirected, at least long enough for me to sign in and turn off the ads.
Thread locked by cgsweat.
« first < prev Page 3 of 3 next > last »