Forum > Site Discussion > Thread

Malware

anon-e-mouse
Apr 26, 2012 - permalink
Get Norton off your computer and try a free anti-virus site like Avast. Worked for me...
ducky
Apr 27, 2012 - permalink
Moderators:
Minutes ago, another intrusion attempt on my computer from “Malicious Toolkit Website 9” was blocked by Norton on your main site before I could even login or click on anything.

Attacking Computer
xxx.germiss.in (69.64.40.36, 80)

Attacker URL
xxx.germiss.in/images.php?t=38313266

I will no longer inform you of further malware attack attempts. I give up.

anon-e-mouse:
Thank you for your suggestion but I don’t understand why I should have to go to that trouble when I have no malware problems on any other sites that I visit. I may look into it. Thanks again.
anon-e-mouse
Apr 27, 2012 - permalink
Sorry you're having that problem  :( Good luck
ducky
Jun 12, 2012 - permalink
Moderators

It's been about a month since I last received a malware attempt from your main site. Thanks very much for clearing up the problem. I have re-enabled ads there. You have created such an excellent site, the best of its kind ever; it continues to get better and better!

Also, thanks to everyone who commented in this helpful thread.
ducky
Jun 13, 2012 - permalink
Just now, I received a malware attempt and have again disabled the ads. Truly, sorry about that, chiefs!
wide_stance
Jul 09, 2012 - permalink
Sorry for the necromancy, but another threat was reported by google this afternoon when I logged on.
wihs2006
Jul 09, 2012 - permalink
Same here.

Mozilla is also listing Girls with Muscle as a "reported attack page" and is denying me access.
Jul 09, 2012 - permalink
Same here, computer attacked this morning....Malware...
chief ouray
Jul 09, 2012 - permalink
My message from Google stated that one page with malware was found. Did not say which one. I still have access to the site.
ducky
Jul 10, 2012 - permalink
Interesting new messages.

I have found, with advertisements disabled, that if I login, I have no problems with malware attacks. However, yesterday, before I could login, I received a malware attempted-attack from Malicious Toolkit Website 9.

Moderators, I would truly like to enable your ads again but you guys need to find a way to rid this site of its malware problem.

Superb site but not well protected.
Jul 10, 2012 - permalink
Yep, Google has GWM listed as an attack site.  See here, I suppose.
Chainer
Jul 10, 2012 - permalink
Sorry about that, I'm working on resolving this with Google. In the meantime I've removed all the ads.
jimmu
Jul 11, 2012 - permalink
Guys, i'm seeing a lot of pics in this site and i'm new here. Someone please tell me if I can use this site without getting infected. My site is already slow and I don't want to harm it anymore. Thanks guys!
Jul 12, 2012 - permalink
Internet explorer security catching a request on every picture to update adobe flash? Once possible, but every pic? may be a problem there.
Chainer
Jul 15, 2012 - permalink
Internet explorer security catching a request on every picture to update adobe flash? Once possible, but every pic? may be a problem there.

As far as I know the ads work most of the time for most people, but if you're a part of the portion that has serious difficulties with them, you can disable them here:

http://www.girlswithmuscle.com/myprofile/index.php?pagename=ads
unclebuck
Jul 28, 2012 - permalink
Got  an new Trojan alarm from Mcaffee. There's got to be a better way to do this.
unclebuck
Jul 28, 2012 - permalink
Same poster- Mcafee just killed three trojans after I've been off the site for about 20 minutes. Get Off This Site!!!
wihs2006
Jul 29, 2012 - permalink
Yup, Malawarebytes found 3 viruses including one VERY serious one after my computer started acting strangely after I viewed this site yesterday.

I don't understand why this site causes so many security problems. I love this site, it's one of the 10 Wonders of the World but I don't know how much longer I can deal with these viruses & trojans.
unclebuck
Jul 30, 2012 - permalink
I don't get it either. Everyone understands. But this site has become as bad as the worst bootleg sites for viruses, and all the other.
ducky
Jul 31, 2012 - permalink
unclebuck and WIHS2006

Thanks very much to both of you for your latest comments. I was nearly ready to enable the ads on this site again until I read what the two of you had posted. Whew!

Since my last post, I have experienced no problems with malware from this site, except for tracking cookies (I just now determined that they come from this site; 8 of them today).

Here is what I do to keep clear of the malware from this site:

1. Be certain that your antivirus program has been updated as recently as possible.
2. Delete your browsing history. I don't know that the deletion will do any good, but it's worth a try!:)
3. As soon as you enter this site, immediately login.
4. When you want to leave this site, do not logoff. Close (X) your internet connection entirely.

I hope that will help.

Also, for those of you who have not received malware detections from your antivirus programs, I suspect that you are not being alerted to them. That's OK as long as the virus attempeted-attacks are solved. I subcribe to Norton because that antivirus program comes with my internet package. Norton gives me the option of knowing or not knowing about what serious threats have ocurred to my computer, although they have been solved. I'd rather know than not know.

@the moderaters

Again, super-duper site, but not well protected.
unclebuck
Aug 11, 2012 - permalink
I think you’re right. All of the ads are really poison to anyone's computer.  Get away from this site. Too bad.
ducky
Sep 17, 2012 - permalink
Sorry to bring this topic up again but know that I have to.

In my last message, I provided some steps to ensure that members on the main site would not be attacked by malware.

I wrote: Here is what I do to keep clear of the malware from this site:

1. Be certain that your antivirus program has been updated as recently as possible.
2. Delete your browsing history. I don't know that the deletion will do any good, but it's worth a try!:)
3. As soon as you enter this site, immediately login.
4. When you want to leave this site, do not logoff. Close (X) your internet connection entirely.

Those steps no longer work for me. One day, a few weeks ago, my computer was attacked by severe malware 3 times within seconds. Norton, my antivirus program, seemed to have taken care of those attacks but when I turned on my computer the next day, there was an unsolved malware problem to be addressed, and it was from the main site. It was solved.

Within the last week or so, my computer has been attacked twice. I belong to many sites but the main GWM site is the ONLY site where I have malware problems.
unclebuck
Sep 18, 2012 - permalink
Yes, I take all the precautions too. But the site is a virus/trojan MACHINE. It's so bad.
ducky
Sep 19, 2012 - permalink
unclebuck

Thanks for reponding. I entirely agree with you.

Today, while attempting to log-in to the main site, another malware attempt ocurred, apparently associated with the full-page ad because I have disabled all other ads. For some reason, disabling full-page ads is not allowed.
ducky
Sep 22, 2012 - permalink
Today, there was no full-page ad, but before I could log-in to the main site, another malware attempt was made.
« first < prev Page 2 of 3 next > last »