Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Anyone think Melinda Lindmark could break someone's back from a bearhug?

Apr 23, 2024 - permalink

Yes, this is a serious question. Just look at her arms. I think if she REALLY tried to hug someone as hard as possible she'd damage something.

Apr 23, 2024 - permalink

Maybe but some people are tougher than others so maybe she could do it with very skinny and weak people. Melinda hasn't really demonstrated her strength in this way and she is short. I think Sheena wrestler may be able to do that and some other very powerful women like Deborah the big. I think they will delete this post but you should ask on the male VS female forum. they are more interested in questions like this

Chainer
Apr 23, 2024 - permalink

Yeah this is the kind of low-effort fantasizing more suited to the chat than the forums...

To steer this in a more interesting direction:

Is any woman strong enough to hug someone so hard that something breaks? Or would that require a superhuman amount of force?

(I have no idea, haven't really thought about it)

Apr 23, 2024 - permalink

Yeah this is the kind of low-effort fantasizing more suited to the chat than the forums...

Is any woman strong enough to hug someone so hard that something breaks? Or would that require a superhuman amount of force?

I am sure that there are some that can break ribs with no effort. I saw an in depth discussion about this on an mma forum. it was focused on men vs men but they concluded that it's possible for most well trained people. Including strong women. But it's complicated since not everyone has equal bone density and muscles will help to protect your body too. so this won't happen in a fair fight against 2 relatively equal people. But if you put someone like Sheena wrestler or Gabi Garcia or even very strong non combat athletes against. a skinny guy things can get quite dangerous

Apr 23, 2024 - permalink

Maybe but some people are tougher than others so maybe she could do it with very skinny and weak people. Melinda hasn't really demonstrated her strength in this way and she is short. I think Sheena wrestler may be able to do that and some other very powerful women like Deborah the big. I think they will delete this post but you should ask on the male VS female forum. they are more interested in questions like this

Thats what I think with a very scrawny person. Idk about regular sized people though.

Apr 23, 2024 - permalink

Natalia Trukhina could for sure.

Apr 23, 2024 - permalink

This thread title is embarrassing

Apr 23, 2024 - permalink

Melinda seems to be a positive and gentle person.

Not that shes building up a reputation as Bearhug Melli now.

Apr 23, 2024 - permalink

This thread title is embarrassing.

+1

Apr 23, 2024 - permalink

I have heard that Fabi Antoine has done this in sessions, as has Lora Ottenad.

Apr 23, 2024 - permalink

A 5 year old sickly girl's, possibly. Grown man, she might be able to strain a rib, but it'd likely be her own.

Sorry for the reality check.

Apr 23, 2024 - permalink

If memory serves me, Kay Baxter once broke one of her husband's ribs when she was crushing him with her thighs...

Apr 23, 2024 - permalink

I have heard that Fabi Antoine has done this in sessions, as has Lora Ottenad.

I will attest that Lora is scary strong and not just for a woman, but for a person period. It was one of the few times where I didn't really want to find out how strong a woman was.

Melinda Lindmark is not short by the way, she's average height for a woman in the U.S.(5'4-5'5) She's pretty built so I do believe she has the strength in her to give a pretty mean hug if she wanted to, but to break a back is definitely fantasy schmoe territory....

Apr 23, 2024 - permalink

I can attest that Fabi can totally do it !

Apr 25, 2024 - edited Apr 25, 2024 - permalink

Funny, I just asked ChatGPT4 that question a few weeks ago. Obviously not to be taken as the ultimate authority but according to it, if it's a girl with strong core and wide back, and relatively strong arms, it's possible to fracture ribs from a strong bear hug. It becomes even more likely if the person has good grip strength and endurance to maintain the hold---such as someone who can do multiple strict pullups.

So if the person being bear hugged is not huge and not as fit, Chat gpt thinks it's entirely possible. That is, the person being bearhugged has a higher level of body fat where the muscles aren't developed enough to withstand the strain. The ribs aren't very strong bones and it would require strength, but not super human strength to fracture them under pressure.

Apr 25, 2024 - permalink

Damage or break? You can damage something just by twisting the wrong way. Breaking, on the other hand, would require a considerable amount of force. I imagine she would need to put out 600+ lbs of force to break bones. I doubt if she could do that from a bearhug.

Apr 25, 2024 - permalink

Natalia Trukhina could for sure.

Wasn't there a video of her crushing an unopened beer can?

With that demonstration of power I think she, at the very least, can crush a forearm with just her grip.

Apr 25, 2024 - permalink

Wasn't there a video of her crushing an unopened beer can?

With that demonstration of power I think she, at the very least, can crush a forearm with just her grip.

I once had Tifani Wittman crush an unopened can with one hand in a session on HBC. She had a tougher time crushing an apple with one hand though. But she did do it. Either way, she'd clearly have the strength to crack a rib of two.

There are two different questions now. About breaking backs I can't say, but ribs are a different matter.

Here again the real answer is opposite to what most would expect. It's surprisingly easy if you do the right (or wrong) things. Both the Heimlich maneuver and CPR can result in broken ribs, so as a fantasy about someone's superhuman strength it simply fails.

As fantasies go, there are very few ones that are possible for an incredibly strong person but impossible for an average athletic person. Maybe lifting someone overhead and then smashing him down. Usually any fantasy turns very quickly from being about her ability to do it to her willingness to do it. From being strong enough to do whatever to having the psycho mindset to playfully enjoy hurting men.

Likewise, men don't accidentally end up being crushed, mauled, splintered and fractured by women. The fantasy really runs on him having the right yang to her yin. Once you lose that, the probability of a woman taking your lights out goes nowhere from the near zero it's always been, but it just does not feel attractive anymore.

Also, never ask ChatGPT anything without verifying the answer. It literally does not know anything. It combines bits of text from all over the Internet and then checks them for some form of grammatical correctness. By sheer luck it may get something right, but you have no way of knowing when it has happened.

Hmmm, so from my experience on HBC:

1. Scrumptious crushes basketballs in bearhugs on the regular in her shows. They seem relatively cheap ones (those without inner casing, not sure what's it called), but that still seems very hard to do normally. At first I thought it must be some sort of gimmick, but I never seen anything suspicious. She shows the ball before and her hands are always visible.
  2. CurvyMuscleSensation did some shows at some point with a guy Nick. They would do anything, but refused to do bearhugs because they said she broke one of his ribs at some point doing it. Really did not seem like they were lying (nor would have had any reason to) and in a different show on new year's eve she told her friend about it (I forgot her HBC username, but another extremely popular FBB and cannot mention real names).

So I think ribs are 100% possible and it probably does not take that much force anyway. In a bearhug there is a lot of pressure coming from your own weight if you're being lifted up. If you're being bearhugged from behind and the hands are placed around the lower ribs, there may well be enough force to break those ribs, even if you're not being bearhugged by someone extremely strong.

Backs I'd say no way if you're a healthy male (in the sense of not suffering of any bone disease or something like that).

The physiology damn near doesn't permit it. Most female arms aren't long enough to clasp, not just touch hands around the widest circumference of most male torsos. The term for the greatest compressive force a woman who COULD clasp hands would run from spine to nipples, thus forcing said hands towards herself and her fella for the ride, is attractive compression, ie she squeezes him towards herself, whereas if she cannot clasp, the greatest force she can apply is radial compression, from his sides to his spine.

This makes a difference because muscles of different strength are contributing hugely different forces. Most biceps are somewhat larger and more powerful than pecs. Thus the hands clasped grip should apply more force both because of the biceps contribution. BUT, in most cases, radial compression would actually apply more pressure, because in the attractive type, her own breasts sabotage her efforts by providing your ribs unwitting allies that absorb a lot of her own force.

PLUS...anyone who's gotten drunk and given/received manhugs will confirm and put the question to bed. Even when we get our arms around each other and squeeze, we NEVER break a rib unless the other guy is woefully infirm, in which case you usually get a "Get off my you big ape" from the squirty little 65y.o dude.

In short, it would be an extremely rare woman capable of breaking a healthy adult male's rib via hugging. She would need to be very long armed, flat chested and of course massively strong.

Apr 25, 2024 - permalink

In short, it would be an extremely rare woman capable of breaking a healthy adult male's rib via hugging. She would need to be very long armed, flat chested and of course massively strong.

You're overthinking it. Ribs are not that strong, and could be fractured without extreme force.

Apr 25, 2024 - permalink

You're overthinking it. Ribs are not that strong, and could be fractured without extreme force.

Let's have your analysis then.

Apr 26, 2024 - permalink

Let's have your analysis then.

Not much analysis needed. If you know anything about CPR, you know that ribs are routinely fractured during compressions. A rib can also get fractured with a single powerful punch. It's also not unheard of to have ribs broken from a bear hug. While it requires a decent amount of strength, you don't need superhuman strength.

Apr 26, 2024 - permalink

It's also not unheard of to have ribs broken from a bear hug.

That part definitely needs more analysis.

« first < prev Page 1 of 2 next > last »