Forum > Off Topic > Thread

Outside of muscular women, what else are you into?

Apr 09, 2024 - permalink

Coding, primarily with Python and Django.

I want to get into tabletop gaming, but unfortunately, my local gaming shop closed down. I actually bought a couple of X-Wing sets in early 2020, but then the pandemic hit, and they never reopened for game nights. Eventually, the owner retired, and the shop closed completely. I also want to get into Warhammer TT as well.

Hopefully, I can find somewhere else to play, but until then, I'm doing all of my tabletop gaming digitally. I have Blood Bowl 3, Axis & Allies, Carcassonne, D&D Lords of Waterdeep, Dune Imperium, Scythe, Wingspan, and a bunch of others.

Outside of that I play milsims, racing sims, competitive shooters, sci-fi games, and story-driven RPGs. CS:GO, Quake Live, Unreal Tournament, Flashpoint Campaigns Southern Storm, Battletech, Mechwarrior Online, Baldur's Gate 3. I also have just about every Warhammer game that's available on Steam.

I try to play a game of chess everyday, and I play Go every once in awhile.

I'm a huge gearhead, I love driving and modifying my car. I've also run laps (HPDEs) at my local track.

Right now I'm learning piano and electric guitar.

I recently got into drones, I currently have a camera drone and a tiny whoop FPV drone that I fly. And got back into an old hobby of mine, racing nitro R/C cars.

Sports and reading.

Apr 09, 2024 - permalink

I want to get into tabletop gaming, but unfortunately, my local gaming shop closed down. I actually bought a couple of X-Wing sets in early 2020, but then the pandemic hit, and they never reopened for game nights. Eventually, the owner retired, and the shop closed completely. I also want to get into Warhammer TT as well.

Hopefully, I can find somewhere else to play, but until then, I'm doing all of my tabletop gaming digitally. I have Blood Bowl 3, Axis & Allies, Carcassonne, D&D Lords of Waterdeep, Dune Imperium, Scythe, Wingspan, and a bunch of others.

@Tall1: You sound just like me with your tabletop and RPG interests. Those are all great games. I also highly recommend Twilight Struggle, Labyrinth: The War on Terror, Race for the Galaxy, and Root. These are all games you can get digitally via Steam as well. Sorry to hear about your local gaming shop closing. I'm assuming that's the only one in your area?

I thought about getting into Warhammer 40K, but I grew to loathe Games Workshop's tactics regarding enforcing their copyright along with how expensive 40K is. I hate how, in addition to buying a core rulebook, you have to also buy a codex for whatever faction you want to play as. It might not be feasible depending on your area along with how popular 40K is, but I highly recommend either Battletech or Star Wars Legion (I may be a little biased towards the former because I LOVE anything Mecha.)

Apr 09, 2024 - permalink

I'm really passionate about bodybuilding and martial arts, i love sports in general, i train 6, sometimes 7 days a week and i'm always doing some sort of physical activity.

I'm also heavily into philosophy, i read a lot, and i'm a biology student in my second year of uni. Besides that, my niche interests are frogs and flags/countries. I know like 300 or more flags of countries, states, fallen empires...etc and i love frogs lol.

I also like cinema, music and all sorts of different art forms.

Apr 09, 2024 - permalink

> I also love music (mostly a metalhead) and play the guitar.

Cool! I love my share of metal too. My last concert (too long ago now, it seems) was Iron Maiden and Ghost in DC back in 2015. Amazing show! Maiden had just released their Books of Souls album and played a mix of their new songs and of course their old fan favorites.

If you're looking to expand your metal repertoire, here are some of my favorite bands. I lean more towards Doom/Stoner, but I also enjoy Black and Death:

Electric Wizard, Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats, Truckfighters, Kal-El, Dark Funeral, Om, Acid King, Dying Fetus, Aborted, Church of Misery, Monolord, Weedeater

Apr 09, 2024 - permalink

Number One: Cars and car culture. I always wanted to be a car designer when I grow up. I think the ship may have sailed on that front but I still like drawing and creating my own designs. Perhaps that would pan out to something different one day.

I've been working on writing a book for a while, whenever I have time. This was something that I kind of leaned into since I was stuck in the house after a hip replacement surgery.

I like playing video games and I used to play them heavily but I think these days, I am more of a casual gamer. I like more of the older gamers because with the exception of a few games, a lot of the games these days just seem to involved for me and my attention span.

Mostly, I like trying to learn stuff on my own, discovering how things work in a way I can understand.

Apr 09, 2024 - permalink

AI Art, Writing, Video Games, and All manners of music.

Apr 09, 2024 - permalink

My first love is horror. Especially Lovecraftian horror I play horror themed tabletop RPGs and I run Call of Cthulhu sessions regularly. I have always dabbled in some sort of art form as well, and my current artistic focus is calligraphy.

That said, I don't really feel like I have very much time for hobbies right now as I am the sole caregiver for my mother who is in failing health and it makes me feel like I can't make time for me.

Apr 09, 2024 - permalink

I am definitely an oddity among the people who have answered this thread. Yes, i like sports and music, and in my younger years i got into training myself. But my music taste is definitely different from most weight trainers. I like classic rock, folk, singer songwriters, etc. definitely not into metal except for the tuneful songs that most metalheads complain about, "They were a great band and then sold out!" I also like to read, like many here, genres ranging from mystery/thriller to serious fiction to history, etc. I have taken a stab at writing muscular women fantasy fiction and have posted a few on this site and The Valkyrie. I also like gardening, growing my own vegetables and canning them.

Apr 09, 2024 - permalink
Deleted by thatguy888
Apr 09, 2024 - permalink

I'm into reading, gaming (videogames that is, though would like to get into TTRPGs), movies (particularly nature documentaries/nonfiction works though I have a soft spot for animated films too), and birding, which is the one hobby I have that is helping me move around more and go outside.

Apr 10, 2024 - permalink

For me, itโ€™s mostly reading, writing (mainly ideas for a future novel, but also poetry), and hiking. I was into video games for a long time, but Iโ€™ve significantly cut back on my playing time to read more often. I plan on getting back into drawing really soon, but adulting mainly gets in the way; I find calligraphy and henna interesting, so those are good starts.

Not sure if listening to music is a โ€œhobbyโ€, but I do like the Smiths a lot ๐Ÿ‘ธ ๐Ÿ’€ Mid 70s King Crimson is pretty damn good as well ๐ŸŒž ๐ŸŒ™

Apr 10, 2024 - permalink

Cooking, music, movies, video games, writing, some reading, lifting.

Apr 10, 2024 - permalink

I'm into reading, gaming (videogames that is, though would like to get into TTRPGs), movies (particularly nature documentaries/nonfiction works though I have a soft spot for animated films too), and birding, which is the one hobby I have that is helping me move around more and go outside.

Animated films are great!

Apr 10, 2024 - permalink

I am definitely an oddity among the people who have answered this thread. Yes, i like sports and music, and in my younger years i got into training myself. But my music taste is definitely different from most weight trainers. I like classic rock, folk, singer songwriters, etc. definitely not into metal except for the tuneful songs that most metalheads complain about, "They were a great band and then sold out!" I also like to read, like many here, genres ranging from mystery/thriller to serious fiction to history, etc. I have taken a stab at writing muscular women fantasy fiction and have posted a few on this site and The Valkyrie. I also like gardening, growing my own vegetables and canning them.

Gardening sounds interesting and fun!

[deleted]
Apr 11, 2024 - permalink

Going gym myself, would say thats quite an obvious answer for most people.

Walking my dog, just going outside in general is way more fun then being inside all day

Cleaning, this may sound weird but i feel like being home alone and then just making everything clean and nice looking gives me a nice feeling knowing that even in a moment where i dont have something important to do i still was productive, its also weird calming for me

Writing and reading before bed

Apr 11, 2024 - permalink

Nice to see a post with normal responses. Nowadays I'm busy with work and school(currently finishing my master's).

When I have free time, I'd say walks with my dog, lifting weights, and nerdy stuff like video games and coding (working on becoming better on python for work purposes). Thinking about starting a martial art again for mental health. For the record, I'm not depressed; learning a martial art has always been calming for me, for some odd reason.

Apr 11, 2024 - permalink

Bodybuilding, movies, cooking, and travel.

Honestly as I get more into bodybuilding, it's really just that and cooking. Takes up so much freaking time. But I wouldn't trade it for anything else in the world.

Apr 12, 2024 - permalink

Reading novels (George RR Martin, Tom clancy, Stephen King), playing various videogames on Playstation, watch movies / TV shows.

Also, due to Playstation and their inclusion of photomode in their titles, I delve into virtual photography by taking snapshots of various moments in videogames (not cutscenes). Horizon Zero Dawn was my first use of photomode, and due to the game's photogenic gameworld, it is my most extensive use of photomode (around 160 images). Second is Cyberpunk 2077. Another excellent gameworld suited for photomode (around 120 images). Others are God Of War 2018 / Ragnarok, Ghost Of Tsushima. I have a Flickr account that I dump the photos into.

Apr 12, 2024 - permalink

Well, I love music specifically 70's & 80's rock, hard rock & metal. I love 80's alternative and a fair amount of 80's & early 90's rap, some r&b & blues guitar. Seen a lot of concerts though these days they're so costly I barely ever go. I'm big into guitars & guitar equipment though I don't have any at the moment..don't ask, lol. JK. Um, I love reading and I'm very into sports so I'm usually watching some college football on fall Saturdays, the NFL on Sundays, lots of NHL & MLB games. Not a ton on basketball as I kind of lost interest after the Bulls won their 6th & as of now, their final title in June of '98. Jordan leaving there I kind of lost interest.

I like working outside in the spring & summer and keeping the yard nice, planting and that sort of thing. Keeps the tan strong too, lol.

Apr 22, 2024 - permalink

Bodybuilder myself, Jazz, Star Trek (not that "disco" abomination though), all things French, good red wine/craft lager.

Apr 23, 2024 - permalink

Reading novels (George RR Martin, Tom clancy, Stephen King), playing various videogames on Playstation, watch movies / TV shows.

Also, due to Playstation and their inclusion of photomode in their titles, I delve into virtual photography by taking snapshots of various moments in videogames (not cutscenes). Horizon Zero Dawn was my first use of photomode, and due to the game's photogenic gameworld, it is my most extensive use of photomode (around 160 images). Second is Cyberpunk 2077. Another excellent gameworld suited for photomode (around 120 images). Others are God Of War 2018 / Ragnarok, Ghost Of Tsushima. I have a Flickr account that I dump the photos into.

Cool!, wats your account?

Apr 25, 2024 - permalink

Women who know how to fight...but don't.

Apr 25, 2024 - permalink

My work keeps me busy with photography and video production. In my off hours I just go to the gym and draw comics.

Apr 25, 2024 - permalink

tournament poker, wines (old world reds, new world whites) and pairing them with outstanding dishes, travel. also love trading stocks & options

Apr 25, 2024 - permalink

Older lifter here.

Father of four. Being a good dad obviously.

Brazilian Jiujitsu. One comp a month is my motto.

Business owner.

Mentor to young entrepteneurs.

Read when I can...goal is a new book every fortnight, try to read classical works.

Love a good podcast, geopolitics, long term health, gym training and aspects of business or investing.

Really enjoy this site, and the quirky forum topics we get to see.

Love me a Buff Babe. ;-)

Oss.

« first < prev Page 2 of 3 next > last »