Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Has anyone connected with a GWM at an expo?

Feb 24, 2024 - permalink

Thinking about going to one of the many expos this year, which is littered with GWM everywhere apparently (according to TikTok/IG reels).

Has anyone connected (e.g. got them to follow you on ig, gave their number out, met later outside the expo) with a GWM by going to one of these?

Feb 24, 2024 - permalink

Are you going looking for a date?

Feb 24, 2024 - edited Feb 24, 2024 - permalink

Yes, but it was more because I already knew them and vice versa from doing a few workouts at the same gym before

Edit: Here are some quick tips:

• Don't ONLY chat with the women there. Be friendly with everybody: both men and women. At any event or community, women clearly know when a dude is only chatting with the attractive (in your case, muscular) women. Be approachable to all.

• It helps if you're also into lifting and training. Usually I like talking about training, nutrition, competitions and everything related to them. Try to avoid asking the cliche "schmoe" questions.

• Don't try to get with anyone who is paid to be there or who is working to promote themselves. Talk with normal convention-goers.

• Finally, go the event to have fun and to enjoy the experience. If you happen to meet someone there, great! If not, don't let that ruin your experience at the expo. Every expo I have been to has been a lot of fun.

Most of all, remember to "play the long game." If you get her information, maybe follow her and correspond for a bit online, and then as things progress maybe invite her for a partner workout or something.

Feb 24, 2024 - permalink

Yes, but the world - to include public bodybuilding culture - was very, very different 10-15 years ago.

I have no idea how the whole thing works anymore, because these days, it seems every person is always working their "brand".

Feb 24, 2024 - permalink

Yes, but it was more because I already knew them and vice versa from doing a few workouts at the same gym before

Edit: Here are some quick tips:

• Don't ONLY chat with the women there. Be friendly with everybody: both men and women. At any event or community, women clearly know when a dude is only chatting with the attractive (in your case, muscular) women. Be approachable to all.

• It helps if you're also into lifting and training. Usually I like talking about training, nutrition, competitions and everything related to them. Try to avoid asking the cliche "schmoe" questions.

• Don't try to get with anyone who is paid to be there or who is working to promote themselves. Talk with normal convention-goers.

• Finally, go the event to have fun and to enjoy the experience. If you happen to meet someone there, great! If not, don't let that ruin your experience at the expo. Every expo I have been to has been a lot of fun.

Most of all, remember to "play the long game." If you get her information, maybe follow her and correspond for a bit online, and then as things progress maybe invite her for a partner workout or something.

Good tips, will do.

I have success connecting with normies (GWOM) just not GWM.

Feb 25, 2024 - permalink

You mean like her?

what would the interaction be like?

Feb 26, 2024 - permalink

Yes i have. I love to chat. The expos get crowded so you don’t always have alot of time to get their contact info but its fun.

Apr 28, 2024 - permalink

When she's just hanging around, you approach her, holding a cable that's say seven feet long and offer it to her.

You quickly ask her: Could you please hold this end for a second?

Then you take a few steps away while holding the other end of the cable.

To her puzzled look you respond: I just wanted to know how it would feel to connect with you. Maybe this isn't the way.

Then you gesture her to hand you her end of the cable, thank her and quickly exit the situation, before she has enough time to get angry or offended.

Apr 28, 2024 - permalink

You mean like her?

Hi, what's this your doing/selling, tell me more...

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »