✉
Log in | Register
Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

After all that shit I talked, I now watch Power Slap

2 hours ago - permalink

Watching an unrelated content sector on YouTube (police body cams) led to a follow-on from Power Slap and I let it play. As much as I wanted to hate it and as ridiculous as it is, I watched. And then I watched another one. The next day, another. The next day, same. My wife and I watch together and comment.

They've got safety measures that seem to mitigate dangerous second impacts. They've got rules that are being enforced equally. And they seem to score the contests in a way that matches the eye test. Their YouTube has 2.5 BILLION views and people are buying tickets to watch these events live!

Say whatever you want about Dana White, the guy knows how to sell.

2 hours ago - permalink

I too will confess my sins.

I cannot stop watching Low Kick Championship.

I know it's wrong. But I can't look away.

1 hour ago - permalink

Watching an unrelated content sector on YouTube (police body cams) led to a follow-on from Power Slap and I let it play. As much as I wanted to hate it and as ridiculous as it is, I watched. And then I watched another one. The next day, another. The next day, same. My wife and I watch together and comment.

They've got safety measures that seem to mitigate dangerous second impacts. They've got rules that are being enforced equally. And they seem to score the contests in a way that matches the eye test. Their YouTube has 2.5 BILLION views and people are buying tickets to watch these events live!

Say whatever you want about Dana White, the guy knows how to sell.

I had the misfortune to see a clip of Jake Hager's KO loss. I really, really regret seeing that (read about what happened if you want, but I highly recommend not seeing the actual clip).

This "sport" is so incredibly dumb.

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »