Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Ashley Jones

May 15, 2024 - permalink

This weekend Ashley Jones will compete for the first time In the BBing category. I’m huge fan of hers and hope she does extremely well. All her progress pics have been great and I see comments about her beating Andrea in the fall. Do folks firmly believe this will really happen? No shade at Ashley but Andrea is going for 5 straight and we all believe she’ll come ready. Also let’s not forget Angela Yeo, Sherry Priami, Mayla , and Michaela. I can see her placing in top 5, but knocking out Andrea? Highly doubt it.

May 15, 2024 - permalink

I think first, this year’s lineup will be competitive. Next, while I think it is possible, I don’t think it’s probable. My guess is Ashley would likely place third.

May 15, 2024 - permalink

Ashley has to qualify for the Ms Olympia first. She's got a good chance of winning the New York Pro this weekend. Her main rival at that show looks to be Leyvina Barros. If Ashley can win a show and get to the Olympia, I can see a top 5 finish. However, looking good in progress photos is one thing - looking good on stage is something else entirely.

May 15, 2024 - permalink

Those shots posted of Ashley over the past week or two have been amazing so hats off to her for putting in an incredible year. I think the word we're missing here is comparison. Really hard to see where she's gonna place until the girls are side by side. There's also what kind of glasses the judges are wearing on that day.

It's going to be a fantastic season because the competition is really levelling up. Some of these girls are mind blowing! I'd love to see these competition in person, so if you get a chance get a ticket!

May 15, 2024 - permalink

Is she competing in the Phoenix Rising also?

May 15, 2024 - permalink

Ashley is amazing. Can't wait to see her get shredded! 👍

May 15, 2024 - permalink
May 19, 2024 - permalink

Kudos to her winning last night. She lived up to all the hype going into the NYpro this weekend; nearly flawless. Looking forward to seeing her next competition.

May 19, 2024 - permalink

Im so tired of the judges in bodybuilding, it all rigged for the same person to win. Once they find someone they like it never changes. Margie martin should have won 2 of those olympia and Dayana cadeau should have won a few. Its all fixed.

May 19, 2024 - permalink

I hope Ashley wins but it will never happen until Andrea is retired. All the other women have no chance either

[deleted]
May 19, 2024 - permalink

Is she competing in the Phoenix Rising also?

i think you have to get invited for that and idk if she's received one

May 19, 2024 - permalink

Im so tired of the judges in bodybuilding, it all rigged for the same person to win. Once they find someone they like it never changes. Margie martin should have won 2 of those olympia and Dayana cadeau should have won a few. Its all fixed.

Those 2X Margie lost she was not better than Andrea. I’ll probably say maybe one of the Olympia’s but twice? No way

May 19, 2024 - permalink

Its all fixed

May 19, 2024 - permalink

“Fixed”is a pretty strong word. Do judges get it wrong sometimes? Most definitely. I look at it like boxing. You have to kick the champ’s butt to take the crown. No one has kicked Andrea’s butt. Angela has come close. And Ashley will definitely give Andrea a run in Vegas. I don’t think we’ll see her compete again until the Olympia. No need. Use the time to get completely dialed in for a showdown with Andrea.

May 19, 2024 - permalink

“Fixed”is a pretty strong word. Do judges get it wrong sometimes? Most definitely. I look at it like boxing. You have to kick the champ’s butt to take the crown. No one has kicked Andrea’s butt. Angela has come close. And Ashley will definitely give Andrea a run in Vegas. I don’t think we’ll see her compete again until the Olympia. No need. Use the time to get completely dialed in for a showdown with Andrea.

I thought she’d compete in the Phoenix rising also

May 19, 2024 - permalink

If Andrea does (like last year), Ashley may just to see where she stands in comparison. But honestly, she looked very much on point in NY…

[deleted]
May 19, 2024 - permalink

Disadvantage if she had to do another prep and then an Olympia prep while Andrea does 2 max.

May 19, 2024 - permalink

That’s my sense as well.

May 22, 2024 - permalink

Anybody know the heights for Andrea, Angela Yeo and Ashley? Could be a helluva show!!

May 23, 2024 - permalink

It's just a shame that Women's Bodybuilding became what it is now. It doesn't have as strong of a lineup compared to Women's Physique which is why I imagine is why Ashley moved up to Bodybuilding

May 23, 2024 - permalink

Anybody know the heights for Andrea, Angela Yeo and Ashley? Could be a helluva show!!

Ashley Jones is about 5’2” Angela Yeo- 5’2” Andrea Shaw 5’6”

May 24, 2024 - edited May 24, 2024 - permalink

Ive been working on getting a shoot with her, communication with her on IG has be tough. If anyone is in touch with her, tell her she should shoot with me.

May 24, 2024 - permalink

Ive been working on getting a shoot with her. If anyone is in touch, tell her she should shoot with me.

Just hit up on IG

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »