Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

How much can Caitlin Clark bench press?

Apr 27, 2024 - permalink

I’ve seen some ncaa athletes training online sometimes and even with strong builds I’m surprised how little they can bench. They also don’t really need too.

For the nfl Combine it’s a test of push strength and endurance but besides linemen how important is it? Maybe for guys fighting for position. QBs don’t really test it, if any do it at all.

Just doesn’t translate especially to a skill sport like basketball. Probably use it to maintain strength they have unless the recommendation is to get stronger (she’ll likely get that advice as she goes against larger and older players if her game doesn’t 100% translate or they adjust quickly. She has no reason to train it to hit numbers. She can probably do like 115 for some reps, maybe a plate for a few. I haven’t looked at her levers.

Very good point about a skill sport like basketball requires. The bottom line is that is doesn't really matter concerning women's basketball. Caitlin doesn't need to break the NCAA women's bench press record. Does the world record holder in the marathon need to lift heavy weights and do multiple heavy bench presses?...NO.(has anyone seen what physique they have or look like?)

« first < prev Page 2 of 2 next > last »