Forum > Off Topic > Thread

[Interest] Photography

cgsweat
Apr 19, 2024 - permalink

I think that most, if not all of us, have been introduced to the works of some amazing photography over the years. I've always been fascinated by it, although never enough to try it out. There is a lot of work that goes on behind the scenes, especially when it comes to contacting the models, arranging a location and travel plans, purchasing and setting up the equipment, and developing an eye and instinct for knowing when and where the right shot is.

This is just a casual discussion thread for anyone else who's ever been interested in photography or thinking about getting into it themselves. We'd also love feedback and/or tips from those who are in the business!

Apr 19, 2024 - permalink

Great idea for a thread here. I am hardly a pro, but I have been interested in photography since I was a kid, and still am. Back then we still had the gun powder flash! These days I have a lot of great Nikon DSR equipment. Most of my interests have been concerts, mostly small venues. I hope I can find time to contribute something useful here. :)

Apr 19, 2024 - permalink

I kind of am. I like to take nature, urban, and such. I had a decent point and shoot camera from Canon Powershot 510 which later developed a lens problem and I would like to upgrade to a Rebel.

[deleted]
Apr 19, 2024 - permalink

I kind of am. I like to take nature, urban, and such. I had a decent point and shoot camera from Canon Powershot 510 which later developed a lens problem and I would like to upgrade to a Rebel.

How do you approach a female that you would like to photograph so it doesn't come over as pushy or freaks them out though?

cgsweat
Apr 19, 2024 - permalink

How do you approach a female that you would like to photograph so it doesn't come over as pushy or freaks them out though?

I think it helps to have a diversified portfolio. If your work is good enough it will speak for itself.

Apr 20, 2024 - permalink

It also occurred to me that it would be helpful if we could post photos to this thread that might be off topic, i.e. not female muscle related, for discussion purposes.

cgsweat
Apr 20, 2024 - permalink

Sure, I moved this to "Off Topic."

Apr 20, 2024 - permalink

I want to admit something really embarrassing that I did between age 16 and 20. basically I would use my Nokia to take screen shots of the website. because it took me a really long time to figure out that I could just right click and download the images. I even got a better but still shit camera to make better but still horrible screen shots of the stuff I saw online. I even installed programs like gimp in an attempt to make the screenshots look better once I got basic computer literacy. despite me using computers since age 3. and it was quite successful even when I figured out how to download pictures I could use these tricks to make poorly compressed or pictures with bad lighting better.

I even considered sharing some of my edits on this site. but I don't think they want that on here since it could be considered a form of morphing. but it was just about improving image quality but sometimes I would also give them a fake tan. but now this has become pointless with ai upscaling doing what I did but way faster and better

fp909
Apr 20, 2024 - permalink

im currently "splitting time" on an AE1 and a Pentax FE, and the rest i shoot on my 15 pro. i used to have a couple of consumer level dslrsv over the years but i prefer to shoot on film. although processing is a real chore. i treat my phone shooting the same way

fp909
Apr 20, 2024 - permalink

I think it helps to have a diversified portfolio. If your work is good enough it will speak for itself.

i thought i wanted to do this, and i may have even convinced myself that i was going to do it. and then i shot with two friends, and nothing really came of it. liek i didn't end up publishing or posting any photos--one posted a couple of pics to her profile and, well, the other was tbh someone i had just wanted to see flex for a couple of years and made up an excuse to make it happen.

suggest you dont go that route

Apr 22, 2024 - permalink

I like to mess around with sports photography (Pro wrestling mainly). Try and get action shots. Just with point-and-shoots.

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »