Forum > Site Discussion > Thread

Why would girls use this site?

Why do you think girls would use this site? (410 total votes)

Build a social media presence (98, 23.9%)
Motivation or inspiration (86, 21.0%)
Fish for clients (65, 15.9%)
Quench their thirst (60, 14.6%)
Trick question, it should be phrased "Why do you think a girl's manager would use this site?" (34, 8.3%)
Genuinely care about fan interaction (29, 7.1%)
Trick question, this implies there are girls on the internet! (21, 5.1%)
Meet people (9, 2.2%)
Find dates (8, 2.0%)
cgsweat
Apr 15, 2024 - permalink

Obviously it's just a hypothetical since we don't have a large enough female userbase to poll, so we'll just have to settle for schmoe responses of what we think the reason(s) are. 😉

I'll allow multiple answers here, but try to keep it to just 2 or 3 please.

Apr 16, 2024 - permalink

I think it's a variety of reasons but I think most of the women on this site are probably lesbian or bisexual and are here for the same reason as me. maybe there are one or a few women that are into femdom and are here to check what men want. and women who want to promote only fans or other services

Chainer
Apr 16, 2024 - permalink

It's very tempting to interpret this as "Of the female-sounding and verified users on the site, what are they using it for?" for which the closest answer is the last two, vs. "of the extremely few actual women using the site, what are they using it for?", where the answer is mostly self-promotion.

The point here being that female-sounding users (verified or no) vastly outnumber the actual women.

Apr 16, 2024 - permalink

Well, I can really say that for several years I have been in contact with the "muscle fetish", initially I did not go towards that, let's say that my moments on camera marked my visibility for my muscles (since I have been exercising for many years), and this made me led me to head down this path, but I found that it was another world, another perception and I can say with absolute sincerity that it has always made me curious and since then I have tried to understand everything that surrounds it, I have also met fantastic people who, to the day of Today there are many of my friends and I know a lot about them and they about me and there I began to fall in love with this world. I've only known about this site for a very short time, I've only been on OF for 4 months and clearly, they are looking for visibility and monetization, but the threads also caught my attention a lot, reading opinions about everything that surrounds women with muscles and so on, I seems quite interesting. For me, the people, my fans are my second family, at the end of the day I never have to pretend or show what I am not.... They know that Celeste is a human being, who loves to be muscular, loves to show them, but they also know my day by day, and I have never found that support in other people or in other places, that is why I love and respect all the people who are in this world of femuscle and I hope to be able to do it for as long as possible, I don't see myself doing anything else . I like to feel involved in this world, because that's what I like, I love the gym, I love seeing my muscular body, I love flexing them and I feel lucky to make a living doing what I love to do, I'm not interested in platforms, I'm not interested in awards I just love flexing them and I'm sure of one thing, if I ever have a partner, they have to be a muscle fetishist, because only then will I be able to do what I love widely. I wish all the girls would discover how wonderful this is!

Apr 16, 2024 - permalink

Oh I love speculation threads! Here is how I voted (my top 3):

• Build a social media presence. I can see lesser-known female bodybuilders/strength athletes randomly stumbling into this site and seeing an opportunity to gain more followers. I'm sure many a "schmoe" (for lack of a better word" has discovered a new athlete through being featured here and went to follow them on their socials.

• Fish for clients. If you are a bodybuilder or lifters and have an OF page, this might be a good site to advertise yourself, and that's especially if you have a smaller following and/or don't user a manager. I am grateful that the advertising isn't as bad as it is on Reddit, where is seems like EVERY muscular woman/female bodybuilder-centered NSFW subreddit is flooded with OF spam that is clearly being made from bot accounts. I don't knock the hustle of OF models looking for subscribers, but the spamming on Reddit is redonkulous.

• Quench their thirst was my last one, but there are a couple of caveats. Obviously, there are women who are attracted to muscular women (hell, there's a subreddit dedicated to lesbians who like muscular women,) but I think that while there are exceptions, most lesbian/bisexual/pansexual women who like buff women are more likely to get their fix from elsewhere than here simply because this is a very male-centered fetish site. Also, while there are probably women who browse this site, I think most are unlikely to actually register for an account and far more unlikely to participate in comments or discussions. The reason being is that that either doesn't interest them, or they don't want to be flooded with messages from dudes (and if they contribute, I can easily see them using a gender-neutral username.) In the gaming world, I have a few women who play regularly online and they ALL have either gender neutral or male-based usernames and don't voice chat because, again, they don't want to be flooded by men clamoring for attention. When I played Halo 2 wayyyyy back in the day, my Master Chief avatar had pink armor, and as a result I had so many dudes asking if I was a woman and trying to get my attention (I used pink armor to troll them lol).

I didn't say motivation because while you absolutely can find motivation in the pictures and videos here, this is clearly a fetish site, and if a woman lifter wants motivation, if we're being honest there are better places to look. I also don't think many are interested in interacting with mostly "schmoes" (again, there are exceptions as always.) And finally, they are definitely not interested in finding a date because while dudes who like buff women are in the minority, there are still lots of them, and in all honestly, I never met a muscular woman, ranging from smaller to bodybuilder-large and defined, who had a shortage of interested men.

Apr 16, 2024 - permalink

To check out the opposition and read my comments 🤣

cgsweat
Apr 16, 2024 - edited Apr 16, 2024 - permalink

And finally, they are definitely not interested in finding a date because while dudes who like buff women are in the minority, there are still lots of them, and in all honestly, I never met a muscular woman, ranging from smaller to bodybuilder-large and defined, who had a shortage of interested men.

I threw in the "Find dates" option just out of curiosity. There are a few dudes lurking about in image comments who think they're talking directly to the woman in the picture, and saying things like "marry me" or "DM me babe."

EDIT: On a separate note, since I had room to add one more option, I could have put in "See if their pics have been posted here and read through some of the comments about them."

Apr 16, 2024 - permalink

I used pink armor to troll them lol

I should try something like this

Apr 16, 2024 - permalink

EDIT: On a separate note, since I had room to add one more option, I could have put in "See if their pics have been posted here and read through some of the comments about them."

Bingo! That would have been my first pick.

Apr 16, 2024 - permalink

Not one single woman actually cares about fan interaction. If they care about anything, it's your money.

Apr 16, 2024 - permalink

I've spoken with quite a few FBB's about this site over the years. A surprising amount of them don't know that it exists. Many don't care. A few look at it with a mix of curiosity and contempt.

Wikifeet is in a similar place, although their lack of a forum keeps out some of the more toxic sentiments. I'd say, in general, that it's perceived as more harmless. While GWM, due to visible threads by the likes of zarklephaser and that strange guy who called women "pritty kitty," all the time... well, it doesn't have quite as good of a rep.

That said, I'm a bit surprised that women who specifically cater to the fetish side of the business aren't more active here. I've seen Ariel Rose, but this is a great marketing space for lots of girls like her.

Have you guys considered offering some prominent girls their own thread? They get to promote what they're selling, the guys get to ask them questions, etc. Lots of members would love that.

Apr 16, 2024 - permalink

I've spoken with quite a few FBB's about this site over the years. A surprising amount of them don't know that it exists. Many don't care. A few look at it with a mix of curiosity and contempt.

Wikifeet is in a similar place, although their lack of a forum keeps out some of the more toxic sentiments. I'd say, in general, that it's perceived as more harmless. While GWM, due to visible threads by the likes of zarklephaser and that strange guy who called women "pritty kitty," all the time... well, it doesn't have quite as good of a rep.

That said, I'm a bit surprised that women who specifically cater to the fetish side of the business aren't more active here. I've seen Ariel Rose, but this is a great marketing space for lots of girls like her.

Have you guys considered offering some prominent girls their own thread? They get to promote what they're selling, the guys get to ask them questions, etc. Lots of members would love that.

That is because a lot of people especially those born either before 1980 or after 2000 think the internet is just Facebook Instagram Twitter YouTube TikTok and maybe Wikipedia. and these hard core athletes don't have a lot of free time. so they don't have time to pay attention to the internet.

Apr 16, 2024 - permalink

Ummm, why not? This idea is not addressed in the poll.

cgsweat
Apr 16, 2024 - permalink

There is a Self-Promotion section in the forum.

Apr 17, 2024 - permalink

There is a Self-Promotion section in the forum.

Is it busy though? I'm not sure why I would check out the Self-promotion section, as I'm not looking to spend any money. But I'd like to see more GWM in forums and comments sections and not relegated to a subsection of the forum.

I think anything that allows the girls to market themselves or just interact more on this site would lead to less blacklisting. I think they leave for three reasons: either they don't like the simpy comments, or the main two are money and lack of control/support. There is a lot of potential money for them to make from their followers here. If they are leaving, it's because they think they are LOSING money to this site, when this site should be making them money (at least indirectly). So copyrighted content (onlyfans, etc) needs to stay off of the site, or we will keep losing more high profile women.

They want to engage with sites/apps that allow them to market themselves how they want. One idea would be for verified GWMs to have an option that only they can post content about themselves. Or that all content posts have to be verified by them, allowing them to be their own moderator in a sense. That gives them direct control to avoid their paid content getting on this site.

I think some girls stopped interacting here because of the tolerance in the comments for constant arguments about "is she natty" and the uncomfortable simpy comments. This site is way better about gross comments than it used to be, but it still feels like a site for dudes to find girls' pics and comment about them, rather than a site where the women are integrated into the site culture. That feeling of a site run by and for men doesn't make as much sense in 2024 as it did back in the day. If we can remove some of the negativity that GWM face, especially about juicing, that would help.

We have seen over the years that GWM flourish on TikTok, Instagram, OnlyFans, etc largely because they were happier running their own business. The whole growth of GWM recently and more women getting strong is because they are building a new bodybuilding subculture rather than relying on the old male dominated BB culture. Now they make their own money rather than being paid by dudes to "be sexy" in a studio setting. So that's how we got all this new jargon like "muscle mommy" and "pump cover" and these cutesy, girly takes on traditional bodybuilding lingo. They have come up with all kinds of new content, so I feel like they have proven they know best about what content should be made and where it should be posted. Maybe they should have more input into how the site works. I think the site has some awesome features now, so I'd like to see more effort put into making it a site that works for the GWMs too.

Apr 20, 2024 - permalink

I haven't seen any women here yet! So unfortunately I don't think they would.

6 days ago - permalink

I haven't seen any women here yet! So unfortunately I don't think they would.

I am here! 😋

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »