Forum > Off Topic > Thread

fake eyebrows

Apr 11, 2024 - permalink

What is this trend to paint on eyebrows? Idont get it. I dont find it attractive at all. What do you guys think? Am I too old and have a set look, or am I missing something?

Apr 11, 2024 - permalink

i am not sure sometimes it looks good but it depends on the person some have strange looking eyebrows others don't. overall a minor detail

cgsweat
Apr 11, 2024 - permalink

I remember it being trendy in the late 90's/early 2000's. Is this still a thing?

Apr 11, 2024 - permalink

yes

Apr 11, 2024 - permalink

i think these influencers want to do as much as possible to maximalize their beauty even if it doesn't make much of an improvement .so they do stuff like this because they think it gives them a minor edge

Apr 12, 2024 - permalink

I don't get it either. Not attractive.

Apr 14, 2024 - permalink

I dislike the way they look.

I hate the big, huge eyelashes, too.

Apr 14, 2024 - edited Apr 14, 2024 - permalink

Gals have for centuries plucked, tweezed and used various eyebrow unctuents/tinctures to adjust the look of their eyebrows. This recent trend of shaving off the eyebrow hairs was a big fashion thing in Europe in the 16th and then the 17th Centuries...it's back again. I think that Victorian ladies did it as well (Queen Victoria did it). To me it is a minor thing except when the lass goes make-up less.

What I do find silly is the puckering of the lips (Botox anyone?) as if they are about to peck someone on the cheek/jowl.

Apr 14, 2024 - permalink

Anyone who paints their eyebrows does it because they are narcissistic. Scientifically proven

Apr 14, 2024 - permalink

Anyone who paints their eyebrows does it because they are narcissistic. Scientifically proven

It's much more complicated than that. But if categorizing such behaviour makes you happy, that's fine.

Apr 14, 2024 - permalink

Do these qualify. They look so great on Kristina Dybdahl. One of the hottest girls on GWM!!

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »