Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

The end of an era. R.I.P. Diana the Valkyrie and its webmaster after 27 years in operation

Apr 01, 2024 - permalink

I have a soft spot for web 1.0 interfaces, and while I spent more time on DA than DtV, we are in a worse place everytime you lose a page that evokes the lost memory "geocities" from deep within your brain.

Apr 02, 2024 - permalink

WPWmax has also been down for a number of days.

WPWMax just had a photo set promotion. If it's suddenly down for good...they ripped off some people.

Apr 02, 2024 - permalink

WPWMax just had a photo set promotion. If it's suddenly down for good...they ripped off some people.

At least their shop website is still up: https://wpw-magazine.myshopify.com/

Apr 02, 2024 - permalink

AMG & Diana the Valkyrie sites were my go tos back in the day.

Apr 02, 2024 - permalink

AMG is still going strong! I still check it regularly

Apr 02, 2024 - permalink

At least their shop website is still up: https://wpw-magazine.myshopify.com/

But does that still work?

Apr 02, 2024 - permalink

I was also a member for a few years in the early 2000s .. it used to be the go-to site for fbb admirers.. in fact, it was one of the first sites that posted contest pictures,which at the time , would be a miraculous few days after the show. I did make it to the expo at the 2003 Arnold Expo, where DTV had a booth.. for that time, it was quite the experience.

they even had a "best biceps" contest .. and a mother-lode of girls signed up and competed

Im not so sure if subsequent booth setups (by anybody else) after this were as successful as this one.. I know femsport did a lot more events later on..

these pictures were all taken by me .. although DTV had a far more extensive coverage of all 3 days.. hopefully someone still has copies out there of pics and videos..

Apr 02, 2024 - permalink

the early 2000s where really different these days they would be kicked out of there for sure

Apr 02, 2024 - permalink

wpw is up

Apr 02, 2024 - permalink

I wonder if 20 years later, we'll be on another forum, looking back at girlswithmuscle.com

Apr 02, 2024 - permalink

I wonder if 20 years later, we'll be on another forum, looking back at girlswithmuscle.com

At the rate things are going with the internet there won't even be any forums. and we will use some awkward Twitter rip off. and have to talk in hindi or get banned by a confused bot

Apr 02, 2024 - permalink

Sad very sad I don’t know who were the founders of this providential site ( Iwas a member at the beginning of 2000) but it was a relief for me to discover I was not alone to admire FBB. I hope all the data of DTV will be saved then re-used.

Apr 02, 2024 - permalink

Very sad. Was using dtv since at least 2002, if not longer. Still love some of the old Tom Nine videos that you could get through dtv. Michelle Neil, Kristy Hawkins, when they were at their peak physique and beyond compare.

A site that is still going with loads of interesting archived links is Muscles of DeeKay: https://deekay.delimit.net/ For those who remember.

Apr 02, 2024 - permalink

This is terrible news. I admit I've never known the site well, but that doesn't keep me from being very sentimental about the name.

Apr 02, 2024 - permalink

RIP to the owner of Dianne the Valkyrie site. Did he pass on the site to his heirs?

Apr 02, 2024 - permalink

I'm really sorry to hear about the passing. I started going to DtV in the late 90s. I think I found the link through Muscles of DeeKay or maybe vice-versa. Either way it was one of the coolest places on the internet to me. Its sad to see the site go. I first read a female muscle story there and realized that there was a whole community of people. That site motivated me to write my own female muscle stories and I got the first one posted there way back in 2003. I remember when I got my own bookshelf on DtV. I know it was probably a house keeping thing for the site, but it didn't matter to me. I felt like I'd made the big time having a bookshelf along side the people whose stories I enjoyed. Well, to me this feels a bit like the end of an era on the internet.

Apr 02, 2024 - permalink

I spent a lot of time in the chatroom, it was a fantastic site in its day.

Apr 02, 2024 - permalink

I remember the magic carpet quite well

Apr 02, 2024 - permalink

There were a couple werewolf stories on Valkyrie I enjoyed. I wish guys wrote more of those.

We do have a member named Wolfman. I just don't remember where we left him, although he can often be found in Kristi's doghouse. :/

Apr 03, 2024 - permalink

Does anyone know who the DTV webmaster actually was? Seemed to always be a mystery.

Apr 03, 2024 - permalink

I have little doubt that that's the way he/she wanted it.

Apr 03, 2024 - edited Apr 04, 2024 - permalink

I'm crushed. Their story page had more content than any other site on the internet, and in a format one could navigate unlike DA.

Apr 03, 2024 - permalink

Does anyone know who the DTV webmaster actually was? Seemed to always be a mystery.

I have no way of confirming whether it's accurate or not, but on another board that rhymes with "Barabbas," a poster there claimed that the webmaster/creator was a male computer engineer from the UK. I also think it said that it was his wife who would speak as the voice of "Diana."

« first < prev Page 2 of 7 next > last »