Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

To everyone who has a girlfriend/is married/is interested to a GWM

Apr 01, 2024 - permalink

How did you ever meet her? How are you able to find girls that are interested in gym and have that lifestyle? Those girls seem so rare I don't think I'll ever meet someone like this and have no idea how I'd be able to find it.

Apr 01, 2024 - permalink

this again....

go to a gym go to a show go to an expo go hangout in spots where people exercise.... theyre everywhere

Apr 01, 2024 - permalink

So my girlfriend is a "GWM," but she is not someone who has the musculature that you will see on this site. It helps to have a realistic expectation on what you will see among the vast majority of women who lift, especially when they are natural.

But to answer your question, I am a CrossFitter, and when I was on the dating apps I found her profile and saw that she too was a CrossFitter, and we bonded over that (along with other things too). The biggest thing that you can do is to get involved in fitness yourself (I don't mean the occasional workout once or twice a week where you aimlessly to random stuff, I mean 5-6 days a week dedicated training in a specific discipline.) Also, get involved in your fitness community. I dated people I met in the local CrossFit circle: from visiting other gyms, from friends of friends, at competitions as a spectator and as a competitor, etc. Don't join a CrossFit gym and immediately hit on the most muscular woman you see. Rather, be friendly with everybody (men and women,) and approachable. Be patient, and you'll integrate yourself with the community.

Apr 01, 2024 - permalink

this again....

go to a gym go to a show go to an expo go hangout in spots where people exercise.... theyre everywhere

Little addendum to this: The advice about finding them "at the gym" comes with the caveat that it depends on the gym. If you go to a "big box gym" like (using examples from the U.S) 24 Hour Fitness, Anytime Fitness, Planet Fitness and the like, you're not going to have much success because their business model is in getting members in and out as quickly as possible. As a result, the members also have the same mentality, and they're going to want to get their work done without interruption. I have heard many a complaint from (almost exclusively women) about getting interrupted (almost exclusively by men) when they have headphones on and don't want to be bnothered.

Your best bet is to go to a smaller, more boutique gym that encourages a community environment. CrossFit gyms are a GREAT example of this. Many of them have workshops, gym events and even parties outside of the gym. I have made lots of friends from my last gym as well. They are more expensive, but if you really want to get into a local fitness community, that's one of the best ways to get in. Of course, if you do decide to go that route, don't immediately hit on the buffest women that you find (that's a good way to get ostracized.) Rather, let connections and relationships develop organically and give it time.

The question is, OP, are you willing to put in the work?

Apr 01, 2024 - edited Apr 01, 2024 - permalink

First off, YOU need to have the values and discipline to be into fitness yourself. You don’t need to be a bb or a star athlete. You need to have a decent physique and reasonable diet. Fitness needs to be part of your routine.

Additionally, you need to be the type of man who is admirable to women. Do you have an education, hold a job, potential for success and/or financial security? What about your personality? Are you empathic, do you have a sense of humor?

Even if you are trolling the dating apps and get some positive hits, your persona will eventually reveal itself when you meet your date and have a conversation. Compatibility takes about 5 minutes to figure out. So if you want to also meet a woman who is into fitness and has a decent personality, you need to be that person yourself.

Apr 01, 2024 - permalink

Some pretty good advices! Thanks for responding and feel free to keep answering!

Apr 03, 2024 - permalink

First off, YOU need to have the values and discipline to be into fitness yourself. You don’t need to be a bb or a star athlete. You need to have a decent physique and reasonable diet. Fitness needs to be part of your routine.

Additionally, you need to be the type of man who is admirable to women. Do you have an education, hold a job, potential for success and/or financial security? What about your personality? Are you empathic, do you have a sense of humor?

Even if you are trolling the dating apps and get some positive hits, your persona will eventually reveal itself when you meet your date and have a conversation. Compatibility takes about 5 minutes to figure out. So if you want to also meet a woman who is into fitness and has a decent personality, you need to be that person yourself.

awesome advice

Apr 03, 2024 - permalink

So my girlfriend is a "GWM," but she is not someone who has the musculature that you will see on this site. It helps to have a realistic expectation on what you will see among the vast majority of women who lift, especially when they are natural.

But to answer your question, I am a CrossFitter, and when I was on the dating apps I found her profile and saw that she too was a CrossFitter, and we bonded over that (along with other things too). The biggest thing that you can do is to get involved in fitness yourself (I don't mean the occasional workout once or twice a week where you aimlessly to random stuff, I mean 5-6 days a week dedicated training in a specific discipline.) Also, get involved in your fitness community. I dated people I met in the local CrossFit circle: from visiting other gyms, from friends of friends, at competitions as a spectator and as a competitor, etc. Don't join a CrossFit gym and immediately hit on the most muscular woman you see. Rather, be friendly with everybody (men and women,) and approachable. Be patient, and you'll integrate yourself with the community.

This. Bingo. Im definitely someone attracted to the big women. But I also always understood that they are DEFINITELY not the norm. My wife is a muscular woman just not a bodybuilder (although plenty of people have told her she should get into bodybuilding). We were both high level athletes that still train very hard. I love her muscles and am super attracted to them even if she’s not the size of a pro fbb. Just last night actually we were having some fun in bed, which doesn’t happen as often as we’d like with a 9 month old and a 2.5 year old. I was rubbing her biceps and her thick back and traps, so I was definitely very excited. And as most guys know, if you haven’t done anything you might be a little quicker that normal. Hey, it happens. After I finished she joked and said, “hmm must have been my back muscles tonight huh?” She wasn’t wrong. Thinking about it now turns me on knowing she knows and accepts my love of muscles and am attracted to her muscles.

Apr 03, 2024 - permalink

you have to go workout yourself. it doesnt have to be bodybuilding, it can be any ballsport or martial art too. the main thing is that you take it seriously and stay fit, you will also gain a lot confidence which will be much more worth than a girl. then you can start looking for fit women/girls, but i wouldnt ever approach someone in the gym. i would also advise you to talk too women as like an exercise, and not prioritize her having muscles

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »