Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Physical 100 Series 2

Mar 29, 2024 - permalink

After viewing Ep 7, I've noticed two Korean women getting some decent exposure. The first I took notice of was the amazing Lim Soo Jin, loading then pushing mining ore trucks -- some huge muscles on display. The second was, I think, Jeong Myeong Kyeong, doing the same thing but nowhere near as capably. I say 'think' as the subtitles name her and/or indicate that she's the voice we hear, as Jeong Myeong. She doesn't seem to be on GWM under that name, but I could be wrong. I'll upload images of Jeong Myeong Kyeong found elsewhere. Does anyone know anything about her? My apologies if this has all been discussed elsewhere and if it's a lame topic. I just think JMK is impressive.

Mar 29, 2024 - permalink

I've only gotten to episode 3, I recognized https://www.girlswithmuscle.com/images/?name=... as one of the competitors. I haven't seen her featured at all she must not talk much. She placed 97/100 in the opening round but that was cardio.

Mar 30, 2024 - permalink

Should have a spoiler alert on this

Mar 30, 2024 - permalink

I've only gotten to episode 3, I recognized https://www.girlswithmuscle.com/images/?name=... as one of the competitors. I haven't seen her featured at all she must not talk much. She placed 97/100 in the opening round but that was cardio.

Yeah, that was disappointing to see her eliminated so early. I was really hoping to see if she was more morph than muscle. The buff women don't seem to progress far in these challenges, Lim Soo Jin notwithstanding. In Series 1 a one-on-one match between Chun-ri Kim and mixed martial arts fighter Park Hyung-geun saw the former eliminated somewhat controversially, with other competitors at the time even seeming to suggest Park was being underhanded in kneeling on her chest (see image with subtitles). However, Kim later posted on IG that it was a fair contest and not at all controversial: "[a]ll participants were aware of possible intergender matches in ‘Physical: 100.’ Park and I fought fair and square. I do not have any problems or complaints about my match." And while in this series Lim Soo Jin is doing well, and [RickFree, here's your SPOILER ALERT], one female did manage to defeat and eliminate a male competitor in a one-on-one matchup, the challenges seem generally to advantage the males unfairly. As those who watch Episodes 6 & 7 might observe, the women simply lack the size and strength to mix it with the men. IMHO, Netflix should have separate female and male divisions, fifty in each, equal prize money. This would address the disproportionate number of women being eliminated.

Mar 31, 2024 - permalink

But that was only the pre-quest round to determine the rankings. I don't think we ever get to see her in the first quest.

Apr 02, 2024 - permalink

But that was only the pre-quest round to determine the rankings. I don't think we ever get to see her in the first quest.

I didn't see her in the first quest

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »