Forum > Image Themes > Thread

Training at Planet Fitness

cgsweat
Mar 29, 2024 - permalink

Planet Fitness is notorious for discouraging bodybuilders and power lifters from training there. They have a "lunk alarm" ffs. If you don't know what that is, this is a succinct enough definition of it.

I'm posting this to Image Themes for now, because I'm interested in seeing how many pro-level athletes have trained there, despite what popular outlets and memes have reported to us. However, if this turns into more of a discussion then I'll move it to the General section. Either way is fine by me.

To start with, Francesca Mujica has surprisingly trained there (and is possibly a regular):

Not judging, it's just that typically someone with her physique trains at other (more welcoming) gyms.

Mar 29, 2024 - permalink

I'm a Planet Fitness member and can say that many folks I see working out at my location I thought for sure would get a sounding of the lunk alarm. There's some fairly muscular women and men that don't fit the PF stereotype. In fact there was an attractive, fit lady doing hip thrusts with her phone on a tripod and a ring light close by at my last visit, still no alarms sounded...

Mar 29, 2024 - permalink

There’s a woman that works out at my local PF that has captured my attention. She looks like she is training to be a bodybuilder.

Mar 29, 2024 - permalink

Well they are currently getting rightly IMO slammed for having a policy of allowing men into the women's changing rooms.

Mar 30, 2024 - permalink

I've posted this picture in another PF thread, and my wife is by no means a pro. When she goes home to visit her mother in Maryland, she gets a temp pass at the Planet Fitness there since our gym has no locations there. They couldn't be any nicer. She wanted to hear the lunk alarm too so she did a flex pose (below) but they didn't sound the alarm. She was disappointed so she asked the front desk why they didn't sound the alarm. They said she was fine, since it was a quick pose, and she was very respectful when she was there. Its more for people who are really pushing it. They told her they would sound the alarm for her so she could hear it, and she said wait till I flex! Then they sounded the alarm. Funny!

Having said that, the several times she was there, there weren't any really muscular women working out.

Mar 30, 2024 - permalink

I've posted this picture in another PF thread, and my wife is by no means a pro. When she goes home to visit her mother in Maryland, she gets a temp pass at the Planet Fitness there since our gym has no locations there. They couldn't be any nicer. She wanted to hear the lunk alarm too so she did a flex pose (below) but they didn't sound the alarm. She was disappointed so she asked the front desk why they didn't sound the alarm. They said she was fine, since it was a quick pose, and she was very respectful when she was there. Its more for people who are really pushing it. They told her they would sound the alarm for her so she could hear it, and she said wait till I flex! Then they sounded the alarm. Funny!

Having said that, the several times she was there, there weren't any really muscular women working out.

Your wife looks fantastic!

cgsweat
Mar 30, 2024 - permalink

I love anecdotal stories like this, since there isn't any sensationalism involved like you would typically get from news outlets. Thanks for sharing DC, and it's great that they had enough of a sense of humor to use the lunk alarm on her.

14 hours ago - permalink

Forgot An Da Jeong trains there occasionally

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »