Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

What shows should I be watching

Mar 25, 2024 - edited Mar 25, 2024 - permalink

I just got a new android TV box and a service that pretty much gives me access to all the channels.

I'm wondering what shows I should be on the lookout for for....our type of content. Wink wink. Lol

I know I should be checking out the wrestling shows like Smackdown and Raw. (I watched the latest PPV and Bella Belait and Rhea Ripley! Damn). But I know they used to have bodybuilding on ESPN, do they do that anymore? It's been forever since I watched regular cable. Any super fit weather girl I should check out?

Mar 25, 2024 - permalink

ESPN haven't had anything bodybuilding related in decades :-(.

Mar 25, 2024 - permalink

You could try Physical 100 on Netflix

Mar 25, 2024 - permalink

American Ninja Worrior has a couple of awsome looking women as well

Mar 25, 2024 - permalink

Broken skull ranch hosted by Stone Cold Steve Austin. Every two episode are women.

fp909
Mar 25, 2024 - permalink

You could try Physical 100 on Netflix

second on physical 100 although i haven't seen it.

Mar 25, 2024 - edited Mar 26, 2024 - permalink

Broken skull ranch hosted by Stone Cold Steve Austin. Every two episode are women.

Yo is that still on? Hell yes. Thank you.

Mar 26, 2024 - permalink

ESPN haven't had anything bodybuilding related in decades :-(.

I swear, my memory of those shows back in the 90s almost feels like a fever dream. Those shows (along with American Gladiators,) represented my gateway into being into strong and muscular women. Kiana's Flex Appeal was my favorite, but on ESPN I remember Bodyshaping, Fitness Beach and Co-Ed Training. Hell, I even remember Denise Austin having a show on Lifetime of all channels. Fitness programs were definitely a thing in the 90s to early 2000s.

Unfortunately, that's a pretty niche market, so I am sure that those programs couldn't compete ratings wise and broadcasting didn't make sense from a financial perspective. Also, the internet definitely killed them off.

Mar 26, 2024 - permalink

You could watch "Let's Make A Deal" on CBS. Terrible game show, but they do have Tiffany. :)

Mar 26, 2024 - permalink

You could watch "Let's Make A Deal" on CBS. Terrible game show, but they do have Tiffany. :)

Dats what I'm talking about. I'll set it to record. Thank you.

Mar 26, 2024 - permalink

I swear, my memory of those shows back in the 90s almost feels like a fever dream. Those shows (along with American Gladiators,) represented my gateway into being into strong and muscular women. Kiana's Flex Appeal was my favorite, but on ESPN I remember Bodyshaping, Fitness Beach and Co-Ed Training. Hell, I even remember Denise Austin having a show on Lifetime of all channels. Fitness programs were definitely a thing in the 90s to early 2000s.

Unfortunately, that's a pretty niche market, so I am sure that those programs couldn't compete ratings wise and broadcasting didn't make sense from a financial perspective. Also, the internet definitely killed them off.

Oh yeah. I pretty much knew that they didn't do that anymore I was just mentioning it trying to get the ball rolling. But yeah man I remember those days. And it seemed like you never knew when it was going to be on. I'd always be there flipping channels and my dad would be sitting on the couch and I'd happen upon a Bodybuilding show or something and have to figure out how I can set this to record without anyone noticing. LOL. The internet is so much better but I do kinda miss those old days.

Mar 26, 2024 - permalink

I haven't watched the Netflix show, but the English subtitled Chinese show "We Never Stop" has found 100 amazing Chinese athletes from a variety of sports to compete against each other.

The first episodes are free and will make you want to subscribe.

Mar 28, 2024 - permalink

I haven't watched the Netflix show, but the English subtitled Chinese show "We Never Stop" has found 100 amazing Chinese athletes from a variety of sports to compete against each other.

The first episodes are free and will make you want to subscribe.

Ooo. That looks interesting. I'll check it out.

Mar 28, 2024 - permalink

It has nothing to do with this shit but you should watch The Expanse.

Mar 28, 2024 - permalink

It has nothing to do with this shit but you should watch The Expanse.

Yes, and all the books are excellent as well!

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »