Mar 24, 2024 - permalink

Caity Lotz in "The Machine" (2013)

Mar 24, 2024 - edited Mar 24, 2024 - permalink
  • Paula Patton in Traffik

• Gina Carano in In the Blood

• Jennifer Garner in elektra

• Elsa Pataky in Interceptor

Mar 24, 2024 - permalink

Holly Hunter in "When Billie Beat Bobby". Not sure if Holly qualifies but she did an awesome flex, with her right biceps.

Mar 24, 2024 - permalink

From what I remember, Lucy Lawless wasn't muscular at all. She wasn't out of shape, but most of the appeal of that role was fantasy-based. Her character was super strong etc, etc. But the actress didn't strike me as anything out of the ordinary. You can argue this if you'd like and I might be convinced with examples where she is actually showing some muscle. I just don't remember her having any.

Lucy Lawless wasn’t ripped, but she had thick arms. If you compare her today to her then, her arms are outright scrawny nowadays. Renee O’Connor definitely had her beat in the abs, biceps, & forearms. But Xena had some impressive traps that you could only see when she was out of her armor, most prominent when she was in the water.

Mar 25, 2024 - permalink

Do you need the names of the Cynthia Rothrock films where she looked muscular? Because I don't remember which ones. But in all her martial arts films that I saw she showed some muscle.

cgsweat
Mar 25, 2024 - permalink

Do you need the names of the Cynthia Rothrock films where she looked muscular?

Only if you want to. I haven't seen her movies so I can only take your word for it.

That goes for anything I put on the list as well. I haven't seen everything so if there is anything on the list that you guys feel doesn't belong, then you're welcome to state your case as to why it shouldn't be there. Up to now I've just been taking everyone's word for it if it's something I haven't seen.

Mar 25, 2024 - permalink

Jenny Goldstein in Aliens!

Mar 28, 2024 - permalink

Cameron Diaz in Bad Teacher

Mar 29, 2024 - permalink

There's GOLDEN GIRL (1978?) with Susan Anton. I don't know it well, but I know that the character isn't a literal FBB, but she's an athlete who's almost superhuman.

cgsweat
Mar 29, 2024 - permalink

Jenny Goldstein in Aliens!

I made a judgment call here and added her to the list. She's not in the lead role, but she's prominent enough to set her apart from the single-scene appearances I mentioned earlier that I wanted to avoid. Plus her role is pretty iconic in the community.

Lucy Lawless wasn’t ripped, but she had thick arms. If you compare her today to her then, her arms are outright scrawny nowadays. Renee O’Connor definitely had her beat in the abs, biceps, & forearms. But Xena had some impressive traps that you could only see when she was out of her armor, most prominent when she was in the water.

I added Xena to the list. I figure the show had more female muscle in it than some of the other entries (not picking on anyone, but fair is fair).

Mar 29, 2024 - permalink

Jamie Lee Curtis in Perfect (1985).

Mar 29, 2024 - edited Mar 29, 2024 - permalink

I think there's possibly a case to be made for The Expanse (2015) - Frankie Adams, and at the very least an honorable mention for Death Proof (2017) - Zoë Bell.

True Detective: Night Country (2024) prominently features boxer Kali Reis in a leading role.

Mar 29, 2024 - permalink

There's GOLDEN GIRL (1978?) with Susan Anton. I don't know it well, but I know that the character isn't a literal FBB, but she's an athlete who's almost superhuman.

This reminds me Getting Physical, with Alexandra Paul

Mar 29, 2024 - edited Mar 29, 2024 - permalink

“Bounty Hunters” (2011, theatrical name “Bail Enforcers”) starring Trish Stratus. She's been in some other stuff, too.

“Cleopatra 2525” (two seasons, 2000-2001) starring both Gina Torres and Victoria Pratt.

“Mutant X” (2001-2004), also starring Victoria Pratt. (I’m listing both, just because 2525 also has Gina, and Pratt’s abs in 2525 are really something else)

“Sucker Punch” (2011) doesn’t have a lot of muscle, per se, but is composed almost exclusively by female leads in an action role. It’s also not a good film, and is kinda a problematic film in terms of the treatment of its subject matter. Legendary Pictures cited this movie's failure as "audiences don't want strong female action heroes" rather than "it's a bad movie," so ...

“Angel of Death” (2009) stars Zoe Bell, who was the stunt double for Lucy Lawless in “Xena,” among other work. It also has Lucy Lawless in a supporting role, so that’s a little ... odd.

I also found "Haywire" (2011) to be a better showcase of Carrano's physique and action sequencing than "In The Blood," and it's a better film (in part because it has less dialogue, and dialogue is not Carrano's strong suit, so to speak), so I'll list that one as well.

Mar 29, 2024 - permalink

“Bounty Hunters” (2011, theatrical name “Bail Enforcers”) starring Trish Stratus. She's been in some other stuff, too.

“Cleopatra 2525” (two seasons, 2000-2001) starring both Gina Torres and Victoria Pratt.

“Mutant X” (2001-2004), also starring Victoria Pratt. (I’m listing both, just because 2525 also has Gina, and Pratt’s abs in 2525 are really something else)

“Sucker Punch” (2011) doesn’t have a lot of muscle, per se, but is composed almost exclusively by female leads in an action role. It’s also not a good film, and is kinda a problematic film in terms of the treatment of its subject matter. Legendary Pictures cited this movie's failure as "audiences don't want strong female action heroes" rather than "it's a bad movie," so ...

“Angel of Death” (2009) stars Zoe Bell, who was the stunt double for Lucy Lawless in “Xena,” among other work. It also has Lucy Lawless in a supporting role, so that’s a little ... odd.

I also found "Haywire" (2011) to be a better showcase of Carrano's physique and action sequencing than "In The Blood," and it's a better film (in part because it has less dialogue, and dialogue is not Carrano's strong suit, so to speak), so I'll list that one as well.

Abbie Cornish from Sucker Punch, is fit. I always found her very attractive.

« first < prev Page 2 of 2 next > last »