Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Muscle women gym idea - hear me out

Mar 20, 2024 - permalink

Lol, that's pure schmoe logic.

This ^^^

Mar 20, 2024 - permalink

> The gym version of the muscle girl bar would be something like: You have a normal gym that is aimed mostly, but not exclusively, towards men, except there are hot women trainers (who are paid employees, paid a salary) who go around helping and encouraging people in their workouts. > > This is maybe a smidgen more realistic than OP's idea. Obviously to offset the expense of the trainers, the membership fee would have to be very high.

why not just do an american version of that japanese bar? it's basically a novelty experience and im sure guys would pay way more to be there in person for a couple of hours and be near the women than stare on screen. maybe get some photos. vegas would be the perfect place

The only issue with a muscle bar like the one in Japan in comparison is culture. Hooters and similar restaurants have been struggling in this current economy due to increase of expenses along with a shift in acceptance from the modern exonomy(millennials and gen Zers).

Yes Las Vegas would be an excellent place to take place, but the commercial real estate would drown the place before a year’s end. It would need the capital of some very interested wealthy men to support it. Vegas is a very bombastic location because it’s a party strip.

In my city(not Vegas), we did a have new bar that has dancers and poles. One night, my friends and I went to it due to bar hopping, and we were shocked to find two buff women dancing. They were making a lot of money from what it seemed and peoples eyes were on them in particular. They were not allowed to be grabbed or lap dances from what it seemed, but man, one of the girls was jacked. I never went back on my own because it was a small bar/club and you couldn’t touch the dancers except for giving them bills so no muscle grabbing.

Is there a market? Sure, but the plan proposed on this post, doesn’t seem to understand the market. The gym idea sounds bad. A muscle bar sounds good. I’ve seen it in the United States. It’s a different business and you need fat bills to run it.

fp909
Mar 20, 2024 - permalink

Idk just open one. Hooters and those chains have issues relating to scale. Your best bet actually may be doing a pop up and traveling to different cities on n expo schedule. Once the logistics are squared away for location and fare (it could be strictly like a snack bar or something g) you can hire locals to come on for 2-3 days, charge fans a premium, and get out. You’re not tired to a salary benefits, large paychecks since it’s a short stint, and you lose some of the harder things like the voyeurism that turns people off. Very transparent—we want to hire you in this snack and soda bar to pour non alcoholic drinks, make easy snacks, and flex

Mar 20, 2024 - permalink

This is basically onlyfans for schmoes it's even worse cos they would have an actual center as much as I love the GWM community I don't think this would be profitable cos the fanbase is very small and people will definitely appeal to get that place shut down because of the inappropriate scene it would cause daily

Mar 20, 2024 - permalink

The only issue with a muscle bar like the one in Japan in comparison is culture. Hooters and similar restaurants have been struggling in this current economy due to increase of expenses along with a shift in acceptance from the modern exonomy(millennials and gen Zers).

Yes Las Vegas would be an excellent place to take place, but the commercial real estate would drown the place before a year’s end. It would need the capital of some very interested wealthy men to support it. Vegas is a very bombastic location because it’s a party strip.

In my city(not Vegas), we did a have new bar that has dancers and poles. One night, my friends and I went to it due to bar hopping, and we were shocked to find two buff women dancing. They were making a lot of money from what it seemed and peoples eyes were on them in particular. They were not allowed to be grabbed or lap dances from what it seemed, but man, one of the girls was jacked. I never went back on my own because it was a small bar/club and you couldn’t touch the dancers except for giving them bills so no muscle grabbing.

Is there a market? Sure, but the plan proposed on this post, doesn’t seem to understand the market. The gym idea sounds bad. A muscle bar sounds good. I’ve seen it in the United States. It’s a different business and you need fat bills to run it.

The thing I find interesting with that "muscle bar" in Japan is that the bartenders there, while looking more built that your average bartender or perhaps your average gymgoer, aren't really THAT muscular (especially compared to what we see here.) That's not a criticism, though, because I think the idea and business model puts the muscularity a second to the stunts that they have the bartenders do (like squeeze/crush things.) Correct me if I'm wrong, because I've never been to Japan and am only speculating based on their pop culture, but I think Japan pop culture thrives on over-the-top presentations (like, compared anime to western animation.) It's a culture where a bar like that would thrive.

I'm not sure how popular a place like that would be in a more "subdued" western region like the United States. Perhaps Vegas would be a good city for it, but even that place isn't nearly as over-the-top as it was in, say, the 90s. If you compare the resorts now to back then, they're a lot more "contemporary" and muted in design compared to the extravagant theming decades ago.

Mar 20, 2024 - permalink

"muted in design compared to the extravagant theming....." The 20 year drought in the American Southwest may have something to do with that. When Vegas is taking grass out of median strips and traffic islands.....

fp909
Mar 20, 2024 - permalink

Ya they’re fucked. Vegas happens to be taking water out of the reservoir from the bottom as opposed to the side so they’re a little better off but they my be in trouble soon too

Mar 21, 2024 - permalink

The thing I find interesting with that "muscle bar" in Japan is that the bartenders there, while looking more built that your average bartender or perhaps your average gymgoer, aren't really THAT muscular (especially compared to what we see here.) That's not a criticism, though, because I think the idea and business model puts the muscularity a second to the stunts that they have the bartenders do (like squeeze/crush things.) Correct me if I'm wrong, because I've never been to Japan and am only speculating based on their pop culture, but I think Japan pop culture thrives on over-the-top presentations (like, compared anime to western animation.) It's a culture where a bar like that would thrive.

I'm not sure how popular a place like that would be in a more "subdued" western region like the United States. Perhaps Vegas would be a good city for it, but even that place isn't nearly as over-the-top as it was in, say, the 90s. If you compare the resorts now to back then, they're a lot more "contemporary" and muted in design compared to the extravagant theming decades ago.

Japan is still a conservative country in nature, but it seems, from all the media we get introduced to, that the cities are the most progressive. I’ve never visited so my opinion is based on passing interest in their culture, but their work culture is by far one of the most intense. It is customary to join your coworkers after long hours to bars and drink hard….

I can imagine that the Japanese muscle bar aligns with the drinking culture the cities experience. Female bodybuilding isn’t as big in Japan like it is with South Korea so imagine that explains why the women aren’t as conditioned.

As far as Vegas, I’ve never been there yet, but I believe your opinion. It seems the cities that have influx of people who move there from other states have higher income and contemporary modernism is a popular style.

fp909
Mar 21, 2024 - permalink

the surface is very conservative but the shit they put out is WILD

Mar 21, 2024 - permalink

What is the difference with herbiceps.com? Herbiceps doesn't pay for the gym equipments

Mar 21, 2024 - permalink

Japan is still a conservative country in nature, but it seems, from all the media we get introduced to, that the cities are the most progressive. I’ve never visited so my opinion is based on passing interest in their culture, but their work culture is by far one of the most intense. It is customary to join your coworkers after long hours to bars and drink hard….

I can imagine that the Japanese muscle bar aligns with the drinking culture the cities experience. Female bodybuilding isn’t as big in Japan like it is with South Korea so imagine that explains why the women aren’t as conditioned.

As far as Vegas, I’ve never been there yet, but I believe your opinion. It seems the cities that have influx of people who move there from other states have higher income and contemporary modernism is a popular style.

yea but Japanese conservatism is different because they don't have that Christian/Muslim element

Mar 22, 2024 - permalink

I’d rather go to a local gym and not get paid at all than to wear a uncomfortable skimpy two piece outfit and be surrounded by distraction all the time. Baggy clothes, headphones in balling metal tunes, sweating like a just came out the shower no matter how ugly I probably look at a gym is my go too. I’m a grunter when I lift so I’d just get in the way of everyones workout so that definatly wouldn’t work 🤘🏼

Mar 22, 2024 - permalink

I’d rather go to a local gym and not get paid at all than to wear a uncomfortable skimpy two piece outfit and be surrounded by distraction all the time. Baggy clothes, headphones in balling metal tunes, sweating like a just came out the shower no matter how ugly I probably look at a gym is my go too. I’m a grunter when I lift so I’d just get in the way of everyones workout so that definatly wouldn’t work 🤘🏼

That’s a very interesting good point. Along with logistics of the idea, it seems that a lot of us have forgotten to include the effect on the individual. Thank you for your perspective!

Mar 25, 2024 - permalink

Although the water situation in Vegas is alarming, something like this would totally float. If it were off the strip, commercial property isn’t as expensive. A lot of bars (especially when they first open) are only open on or around the weekend, to mitigate operation expenses. It’s Vegas, so you already have clientele and potential employees cycling through frequently.

Mar 30, 2024 - permalink

Rent. Insurance. Business licences. Regulations. Other legal. People AGAINST the idea. (yes, it's going to be a hastle/cost) Other costs involved with streaming. Costs involved with keeping their content as their content. Conflict of interest (Many of the women you wish to see in such an environment want to stream/promote their OWN content, for their OWN profit and, don't want to give up $1000's for a "free" membership that may be, tops, $50-150/month)

« first < prev Page 3 of 3 next > last »