Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

I actually don't like when people say arm wrestling is "more technique than strength"

Mar 12, 2024 - permalink

From the perspective of someone who likes strong women, I'd rather believe that a woman kicking ass is in arm wrestling is simply strong, perhaps stronger than me. Believing that she is perhaps only somewhat strong but has mastered a bunch of leverage based technique tips doesn't have the same appeal.

With that being said, from what I understand, sit-down arm wrestling is mostly just strength. When you're standing up, there's more techniques at your disposal.

Mar 12, 2024 - permalink

Doesn't matter whether you like it or not, it's the truth. It's also important to have good technique because it's relatively easy to injure yourself arm wrestling. It's a big reason why a lot of bodybuilders don't want to do arm wrestling, or only do staged videos.

That's not to say that strength is irrelevant, though. Strength absolutely helps, ESPECIALLY when you combine that with technique.

Mar 12, 2024 - permalink

There's some suspension of disbelief required. It's mostly a work, but that doesn't ruin it in my opinion, because she really is that strong.

Gatsby is spot on. Some guys try to prove themselves against the women, which can end in injuries affecting lifting careers.

Mar 13, 2024 - permalink

You're allowed not to like things.

And also, most "good" armwrestlers are pretty fucking strong.

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »