Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

How many people attend the Arnold for the bodybuilding competition?

(41 total votes)

No matter the reason, probably less than 10% of bb fans at the Arnold go to the pro bb show (28, 68.3%)
Likely more than 10% of bb fans go to the pro bb show if they go to the Arnold (13, 31.7%)
Mar 05, 2024 - permalink

This year, I believe I've read more complaints than ever about the exclusion of women from the pro bodybuilding, etc competitions at the Arnold.

Decades ago, I remember longing to see the Ms. International competition in person, but when I finally got there, the experience of going to a stage competition paled in comparison to being a part of the Expo there in Columbus. It seemed like, year-over-year, most everyone cared a lot about the Expo and relatively few were vested in the show.

In recent days, however, I've seen several people excitedly streaming the competition PPV from home, while at the same time complaining that women's divisions have been eliminated.

But of the people who TRAVELED TO BE THERE this year, what proportion do you believe actually attended the show itself vs attending the Expo only?

Mar 06, 2024 - permalink

Maybe 70% expo, 30% show. I saw more pictures of the expo than the competition. It makes me think that, in the future, more focus will be placed on the former (if it isn't already).

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »