Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

R.I.P. Joanna Broadbent

Mar 04, 2024 - permalink

Figure athlete who passed away two days ago. I believe she was in her mid 40s. https://www.instagram.com/sbscfit/

Mar 04, 2024 - permalink

This is tragic. Rip. What happened to her

Mar 04, 2024 - permalink

What a shame , a beauty

cgsweat
Mar 04, 2024 - permalink

Figure athlete who passed away two days ago. I believe she was in her mid 40s. https://www.instagram.com/sbscfit/

How did you find out?

Mar 04, 2024 - permalink

Can things get much worse? Poor Joanna. May her dear soul rest in eternal peace....

Mar 04, 2024 - permalink

How did you find out?

Instagram story. Also, there is a link to her gofundme for funeral expenses on the top of her page

fp909
Mar 04, 2024 - permalink

nothing concrete yet other than "she collapsed"--for now could be anything. obvioulsy heart failure caused by ped use is a factor but could be an aneurysm. we'll have to wait and see

Mar 04, 2024 - permalink

And a GoFundMe pleading as well...so she died pennyless. Who is running the GFM?

Mar 05, 2024 - permalink

And a GoFundMe pleading as well...so she died pennyless. Who is running the GFM?

I think her husband is running it.

And while they're probably not “penniless,” funerals and burial costs are expensive, especially when it’s sudden.

cgsweat
Mar 05, 2024 - permalink

Yeah it says Joshua Broadbent. I don't know if that's her husband, but at the very least it's a family member.

EDIT: Okay yeah it's her husband.

Hello, my name is Josh and I am fundraising to cover final expenses and to help complete Joanna's last wishes. On March 2nd, I lost my wife...

Mar 05, 2024 - permalink

nothing concrete yet other than "she collapsed"--for now could be anything. obvioulsy heart failure caused by ped use is a factor but could be an aneurysm. we'll have to wait and see

Not necessarily peds. Can be all these diuretics and shit they take to be dry prior competition also. Anyway it's sad to end up to this extreme :(

Mar 12, 2024 - permalink

Apparently she passed away due to complications of a ruptured appendix. Really sad, hope her family are receiving the support they need.

Mar 21, 2024 - permalink

And while they're probably not “penniless,” funerals and burial costs are expensive, especially when it’s sudden.

Yeah but we all know it's coming. I think it's a but undignified begging for handouts to bury your wife but it seems "crowd sourcing" seems to have regularised this sort of thing.

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »