Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Why must guys who like female muscle be referred to as “schmoes?”

Mar 13, 2024 - permalink

It's laughable to suggest that two sober, informed adults are not competent to engage in fair trade involving "sexual gratification". The "dehumanizing" part is telling any party they don't have license to market and sell their own sexuality.

But this has zero to do with what I said. So I wonder why did you choose to quote me in your message.

Competent means able. I never said anything about anyone being unable to buy or sell sexual gratification. Neither did I tell anyone they have or don't have a license to do something. I said exactly nothing about any license or anything to that effect.

I simply said that it's generally understood that it makes one a lesser person if he has to buy human attention or affection, and this is why calling someone a schmoe is perfectly logical and understandable. It may not be nice, but it's not absurd or incomprehensible. I also explicitly said that I am not telling anyone to do or not do it. But you obviously missed that.

Mar 14, 2024 - edited Mar 14, 2024 - permalink

But this has zero to do with what I said. So I wonder why did you choose to quote me in your message.

Competent means able. I never said anything about anyone being unable to buy or sell sexual gratification. Neither did I tell anyone they have or don't have a license to do something. I said exactly nothing about any license or anything to that effect.

I simply said that it's generally understood that it makes one a lesser person if he has to buy human attention or affection, and this is why calling someone a schmoe is perfectly logical and understandable. It may not be nice, but it's not absurd or incomprehensible. I also explicitly said that I am not telling anyone to do or not do it. But you obviously missed that.

Once you post text in a public forum, then that text belongs to the forum. No single individual "owns" a public conversation. The previously-quoted text from your statement was posted on such a forum.

Conversations go where they go. If the response wasn't about you or the other things you wrote, then one might wonder why it was triggering.

Mar 14, 2024 - permalink

That isn’t what being called a Schmoe is about. Perhaps you have a misunderstanding of the term.

Mar 14, 2024 - permalink

Perhaps this is one reason there is so much negativity around muscular women. Why must there be a name attached? For example, what are guys who like fat women called? What are guys who like skinny women called? If a guy likes blondes, what is he called? What is a guy called who only likes Asian women? I know the term has been around for over 30 years, but makes it seem as if guys who are into muscular women are deviants. Any thoughts?

Who cares what people call someone who likes muscular women? I know I don't - couldn't care less.

If it worries you what slur someone uses you are just handing over power to them and demonstrating weakness.

Get over it.

Mar 14, 2024 - permalink

You are definitely a schmoe

Mar 15, 2024 - permalink

Conversations go where they go.

Sorry, I think I got confused about what you were saying. So we agree that practically there's no stopping people selling "sexual gratification", or any nice umbrella term someone might come up with. And people are almost always physically and mentally capable of making the necessary arrangements. And there's a curious subculture around it, not unlike many other psychosexual rarities. This is not the strangest one in existence by any means.

I still maintain that no kid grows up wishing to pay for it. Ideally a boy would be able to attract the kind of girl he prefers. So if someone preferred paid sex to mutual attraction by default, everything else being equal, the general opinion would be that there's something broken or missing. Not only because of the benefits to the society, but also mutual attraction being the more difficult route. The ability to maintain a stable relationship often but not always demonstrates good things about the person.

There are things one would generally not do with a spouse or a girlfriend, that must be left to a tight subculture or paid setting. There are fantasies of living with one's sex toys, the sex toys being other people, or being a dominant woman's sex toy in a domestic partnership, but in real life these are generally very rare and unstable arrangements. So usually people agree to do things to each other for an hour or for one evening.

This is because ideally people want to admire and respect their partner. People engage in kinks not for scientific research or getting to know each other better, because in the end there's not much to learn in choking, spanking or foot worship or whatever, but because they get simple and irrational pleasure out of it. The story often told is that people may appear respectable on the outside, but deep down they want to be spanked and want to worship their lady's feet. And if a person does not want to be spanked or do foot worship, then there are two mutually exclusive opinions. Either he really does not need it and would not enjoy it, or he would, but is simply uncomfortable and in denial.

Some light may be shed on the previous one by the existence of "breaking in" fantasies. Something like fifty shades of grey. But since the genders are reversed, it only takes hours instead of weeks. After being forced through it a few times, he realizes that he likes it. Now was he like it all along, like presumably everyone is secretly, or can anyone be broken into it? I'd say few people are like it and few can be broken into it, but the majority will simply never like it. I think the same holds true for many street drugs. Some people like them immediately, some like them after enough tries, many simply don't like the effects at all.

To summarize, it is one thing that individuals have the power to practically do almost whatever they please. It is another thing that they sometimes can ignore and keep private the meaning and the consequences of what they're doing. If not anything else, the one thing I am really opposed to is the idea that if a scrawny boy crawls out of his mommy's basement and pays Sheena Wrestler to make him beg for his life, that Sheena could then honor and respect him like she would a beloved boyfriend, but she simply and arbitrarily chooses not to. Because she's selfish, a lesser person or not enlightened enough. She'd probably be professional about it though.

Some messages here are simply pathetic whining about "why could she not, I don't understand". And the cure to this is to offer that understanding. So as much as there is no such thing as a loving genocide or honorable piss play, some things are something by their nature. Human mind has a limited ability, not a limitless ability to ignore it. Some guys here are idealists, lamenting that this ability is not without limits. But it is not, neither in them nor in these women. It also takes energy and goes up and down constantly.

So the right to ignore it, ability to ignore it and the good or bad of ignoring it are three different questions.

People have needs for pleasure, for knowing their body's reactions and for human connection, including physical. That's the other side of it. That's why these things are done. I assume nobody's denying this. At the same time these are like eating. Man needs to eat and eating often feels good, but very few would eat purely for the sake of eating. That would be called an eating disorder. Someone could generalize it into a pleasure disorder.

Here a disorder is not necessarily synonymous with evil. It quite neutrally means a decrease in orderliness in a person, in his life and his relationships. For a healthy person the costs of his choices remain manageable. And people sometimes despise others simply because the costs of their choices are not manageable, appear not manageable, or would be unmanageable for themselves.

You are definitely a schmoe

Definitely undefined. I like that.

Mar 15, 2024 - permalink

We're all 'schmoes' here, whether we like it or not! 🤣

Mar 16, 2024 - permalink

We're all 'schmoes' here, whether we like it or not! 🤣

I think the level of schmoeness varies a great deal though. I would say I'm at the milder end of the scale, if I am one at all 🙄

Mar 19, 2024 - permalink

Gross insulting term, which I take offense to. I am a 68 year old male who respects and admires all women. Unlike some cultures I don't regard women to be inferior to men, but as absolutely equal to men in practically all ways, apart from their reproductive physiology and lesser muscle tissue mass. Therefore a physically capable woman who is strong and has developed muscle by their own desire, their career or job related needs, should be admired for being themselves. My personal preferences are for a woman who is willing to help with traditional male duties, ie carrying suitcases, moving furniture, changing a car wheel etc. Not women who are afraid a breaking a nail or daren't lift anything more than 2 kgs. The word 'Schmoe' is always used in a derogatory, degrading way, for men who like women who are strong and/or muscular. However terms like 'chubby chasers', boob man, leg and ass man don't sound insulting. Even men with a fetish for disabled women are called 'devotees', which doesn't sound derogatory. I almost feel we're classed in the same category as vile paedophiles. Anyway I am happy to admire, respect, fantasize and be amazed and impressed by mature, strong and muscular women. I'd rather be a schmoe than a schmuck who disrespects and treats women badly.

Mar 20, 2024 - permalink

"Rather be a schmoe than a schmuck" is fire. LOL I love it.

To the guy who said, "we're all schmoes here," I'm gonna respectfully disagree.

There's no hard and fast definition, but talking to ladies in the scene... to be a schmoe isn't necessarily good or bad, but it does mean that you're involved and fairly obsessed.

I look at this site every day, I subscribe to nearly a dozen onlyfans pages, I'm a member of herbiceps and awefilms, I do in person sessions, I'm a bodybuilder myself, and I go to (at least) the Olympia every year and ideally the Arnold too.

I'm a Schmoe. I'm down for life. The ladies like me because I'm polite, I'm not demanding or a creep, and I pay them for their time. Emphasis on that last part. They would call me a schmoe, and one of the good ones. What's not to like?

Contrast that with the random Instgram chud who sends message requests to every FBB, asking for their attention, never buys anything, never goes to shows, and only treats them like an object. He's a schmoe as well, but clearly a bad one.

If you like muscular women and you follow them on social media and check them out on this site, and it's hot when they show up in a movie or show... then you're not really a schmoe. You're just a guy who likes fit, buff women.

Same thing goes for gay men. I wouldn't say that gay guys have a term like "schmoe," but there's a clear difference between a gay guy who likes buff men (that's obviously pretty common) and a gay guy who's OBSESSED with huge muscular guys and worshipping them and getting dominanted by them all and that.

Mar 20, 2024 - permalink

To Muscles_Toez Appreciated your response and interpretation of our fascination (obsession) and involvement with the amazing women of strength and muscle. Unlike you, I'm no bodybuilder, but as a 83kgs, 68 years old I'm no weakling and would say I'm above average in strength. So when I meet a woman who is 10kgs lighter than me, but much stronger and more muscular, not only am I amazed and impressed, but obviously delighted. Like you, I'm polite, respectful and interested in them as individuals and always try to ensure they enjoy our meeting with conversation and humour. I'm no George Clooney or Austin Butler, but some of the session girls I have met, have been keen to meet me repeatedly without any financial exchange. My parting words are "There's no business like Schmoe business" 😂🙏🏼😊

Mar 21, 2024 - edited Mar 21, 2024 - permalink

For all us 'Schmoes' - here's a few amended lyrics to the show musical song by Irving Berlin "There's no business like show business"

There’s no business like ‘Schmoe’ business, like no business we know

Muscle women, they find appealing, respecting all the images they allow

Lucky to get some impressive bicep feeling, and exclaiming "oh wow"

There’s no people like ‘Schmoe’ people, they smile when muscles are aglow

Twice as strong as the average man, lifting far more than they can

Forever remaining an avid fan, admiring all they show, it’s great to be a ‘Schmoe’

Mar 21, 2024 - edited Mar 22, 2024 - permalink

@jaguar55... Thanks for your entertaining contributions. Before the Internet exploded and provided online opportunities like personal chat rooms and only fans, female bodybuilders used sessions as a way of providing income for their expensive pursuits.

I believe it was Kay Baxter, who coined the "Schmoe" term. I'm not sure if she intended it to be an insulting word but it seemed to come across that way. It puzzles me that any truly muscular woman, has a problem with a man or a woman, being so attracted to them, that they would pay just to touch them. No sex necessary, just flex and let someone appreciate, their hard work!

I realize there are probably many truly creepy worshippers out there and this added to how they bracketed the schmoe term. I suppose it's how a person comes across to them. On this site as well as Diana the Valkyrie, several women reached out to me, over the years, thanking me for my kind words and compliments.

Mar 21, 2024 - permalink

@luvembuff...Thanks for your response to my contributions.

In life, I always try to make light of and add humour to any negative situation. Therefore, even if the term 'Schmoe' can be viewed as derogatory, I will play it down. As a true gentleman like yourself, I treat practically all I meet in life with thoughtful respect and in return, I am rewarded with having countless friends and acquaintances. These include dozens of women I have met in sessions, many who are happy to communicate and meet without any monetary transactions. In other words they are happy and thankful to be admired, appreciated and supported in their athletic pursuits. They are also very comfortable discussing their lives and passions with a truly encouraging, interested party, such as I.

« first < prev Page 2 of 2 next > last »