Forum > Image Themes > Thread

When the physiques slip

Feb 14, 2024 - edited Feb 14, 2024 - permalink

I recently posted a thread (https://www.girlswithmuscle.com/forum/thread/...) about girls who were in good shape, and then pushed beyond the already impressive level they had achieved. This got me thinking, what about the flip side? As we know, the bodybuilding lifestyle isn't the most sustainable long-term and is notoriously harsh for women at the elite level. Many of the girls who bulked up when they were younger end up hitting a fork in the road, and have to decide between going full steam ahead into mass-monsterdom (which my other thread relates to) or, alternatively, dial back the PEDs and loosen up on the lifestyle a little so that they can hopefully escape the bodybuilding game with their long-term health intact. The latter is obviously a wise decision, and mocking or laughing at the girls who take it is not the point of this thread. It does, however, tend to result in once superhuman physiques ending up, well, rather "human" looking. Some downsize into a smaller, tighter package and retain hints of their old physiques. Others retain their bulk but their conditioning slips, and they end up softer and less defined. And some simply lose the evidence of their old life altogether.

Kortney Olson:

Jacquelyn Hickerson:

Liv Roth:

Olivia Gravengaard:

Bernadetta Mahama:

Maadfitfitness:

Feb 14, 2024 - edited Feb 14, 2024 - permalink

Danielle Reardon:

Jodi Boam:

Peyton Dutcher:

Tessa Barresi:

Yasmine Nassar:

cgsweat
Feb 14, 2024 - permalink

Somewhat similar to, but not exactly the same as Bright stars that began to burn out. It's more of a deep dive into women who were once popular in the community and what happened for them to fade out or disappear altogether. A lot of the time it's for the reasons you stated in your original post.

Feb 18, 2024 - permalink

Katie Lee:

Zoey Wright:

Julia Masina:

Dianna Blanchard:

Deborah Baker:

Feb 18, 2024 - permalink

Reading this thread, I didn't realise Liv Roth and Bernadetta had gotten smaller.

Well I didn't realise that for most of these women, but Liv Roth and Bernadetta stood out the most, because I've viewed them the most.

Feb 18, 2024 - edited Feb 18, 2024 - permalink

Gina Davis:

Fabiola Boulanger:

Michi Ritz:

Feb 18, 2024 - permalink

Lori "Ice" Fetrick

Feb 18, 2024 - permalink

Lori "Ice" Fetrick

I wouldn't call this a slip. There's over 25 years between these pictures.

Heck, even at 60 years old she looks amazing.

fp909
Feb 18, 2024 - permalink

i think some of the photos are incorrect for this. Like Hickerson is a good example,. or Reardon, but someone like PeyTon Dutcher seems all in and she's in the off season, and we don't know (do we?) what maadfitness' deal is, is this a bulk or a slip? Jodi BOam decided to have a kid and the come back from that is hard, sharing a post partum photo isn't really a slip. She went hard this year for the Olympia! And as of now wants to have a second kid and maybe a run at WPD. Also Kortney Olsen is huge right now

There are a couple of other offeason photos that are to be expected.

There are a few true ones, maybe Tessa Barresi (although she had downsized to compete in a bikini division but now has switched focus. Dianna BLanchard has switched divisons.

katie lee is a really good example due to health issues, Dani Reardon a conscious choice (really, choices) over time. Olivia Gravengaard was a huge surprise to see here tbh both her and Liv Roth used to be all over my feeds

Feb 18, 2024 - permalink

i think some of the photos are incorrect for this. Like Hickerson is a good example,. or Reardon, but someone like PeyTon Dutcher seems all in and she's in the off season, and we don't know (do we?) what maadfitness' deal is, is this a bulk or a slip? Jodi BOam decided to have a kid and the come back from that is hard, sharing a post partum photo isn't really a slip. She went hard this year for the Olympia! And as of now wants to have a second kid and maybe a run at WPD. Also Kortney Olsen is huge right now

There are a couple of other offeason photos that are to be expected.

There are a few true ones, maybe Tessa Barresi (although she had downsized to compete in a bikini division but now has switched focus. Dianna BLanchard has switched divisons.

katie lee is a really good example due to health issues, Dani Reardon a conscious choice (really, choices) over time. Olivia Gravengaard was a huge surprise to see here tbh both her and Liv Roth used to be all over my feeds

Also, a lot of the “slips” still show them as quite muscular (more than you’ll see from most women at any gym you go to.) I wouldn’t call that a slip by any means. Kind of feels like again an example of warped expectations

Feb 18, 2024 - permalink

Bad for us horny guys but good for these women's health (in most cases).

Feb 18, 2024 - permalink

I wouldn't call this a slip. There's over 25 years between these pictures.

Heck, even at 60 years old she looks amazing.

From the opening post, I took "slip" to not just mean accidental or incidental cases but also intentionally letting one's physique slide. Lori Fetrick as Gladiator Ice was one of my early ambassadors to female muscle, but clearly she let her foot off the gas as she got older. Still looks great and I'm glad she made it through the bodybuilding (and Gladiator) pitfalls.

fp909
Feb 18, 2024 - permalink

i mean its not a slide if they're purposefully making changes to their bodies. i woudl say a slide is only if theyre inentionally doing nothing for their bodies, aka "letting themselves go"

Feb 18, 2024 - permalink

From the opening post, I took "slip" to not just mean accidental or incidental cases but also intentionally letting one's physique slide. Lori Fetrick as Gladiator Ice was one of my early ambassadors to female muscle, but clearly she let her foot off the gas as she got older. Still looks great and I'm glad she made it through the bodybuilding (and Gladiator) pitfalls.

I think "letting foot off the gas" is a pretty big exaggeration. She clearly is still training pretty hard and looks AMAZING for 60. Chances are extremely rare that you'll run into a woman her age looking that fit in your daily life.

Feb 19, 2024 - permalink

I think "letting foot off the gas" is a pretty big exaggeration. She clearly is still training pretty hard and looks AMAZING for 60. Chances are extremely rare that you'll run into a woman her age looking that fit in your daily life.

Then I am misspeaking. Lori on her podcast advocates for hormone replacement at advanced ages for women, but she's obviously not killing herself to get any bigger or ripped. This was already noticeable in her smaller shape in later seasons of American Gladiators. So while Lori let her physique slip, she EASED her foot on the figurative gas pedal rather than let off altogether.

Feb 19, 2024 - permalink

lol some of these are just plain wrong - Jodi Boam & Peyton Dutcher are both better than ever. Pretty sure Deborah Baker is in the off season and not getting any smaller.

Feb 19, 2024 - permalink

I don't think any of these women "slipped" so much as they probably just changed their dosage and stopped starving/dehydrating themselves. Kortney Olson in particular is bigger and sexier to me than ever.

Feb 19, 2024 - permalink

Re: “girls who laid off the juice”

Nice thread. I like the “fuller”/fluffly look compared to dry and super vascular.

MGL
Feb 19, 2024 - permalink

Sad thread

Feb 19, 2024 - permalink

Cass Martin definitely belongs here. She sized down considerably.

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »