Forum > Announcements > Thread

Change to the bonus uploads system

Chainer
Jan 02, 2024 - edited Jan 02, 2024 - permalink

I am making a slight change to the bonus uploads system in an attempt to reward uploading pics of women who are less well known.

In case you are not aware, the way it has worked is that for each favorite received by your recently uploaded images, you accrue a fraction of a "bonus upload". Once you've accumulated enough of this, you get a full bonus upload point, which you can use to upload an image on top of your daily limit of 2 direct uploads. You could have up to 5 bonus uploads accumulated at a time.

That will continue to work in the same way, but I'm adding a new category of bonus uploads called "Lesser Known" bonus uploads. You accrue these in the same way as regular bonus uploads (when users favorite your uploads), but as the name implies, it applies only to images you upload of lesser known women, defined as those with fewer than 50 pics on the site. Note that uploads without a name don't count towards this, and also that the fewer images a model has, the more each favorite on it is worth - so, for example, a favorite on your upload of someone with 5 images goes further towards granting you a full upload than a favorite on an upload of someone with 45 images. (Above 50, of course, it doesn't grant you a "lesser known" bonus at all.)

Uploads of lesser known women do count towards both types of bonuses, so you accrue both regular bonus upload points and Lesser Known points.

You can have up to 3 Lesser Known bonus uploads at one time. To account for this, I've reduced the max number of regular bonus uploads you can have from 5 to 3.

I haven't changed anything about how the staff approval queue works, although I have some planned changes for that coming in the (maybe) near future.

Jan 02, 2024 - permalink

Is there still a daily overall upload limit? I think you had set it at 7 images.

Jan 02, 2024 - permalink

I think this lesser known bonus is a very welcome change!

@sprtguy04 If i understood right, the maximum upload limit now is only 5 images. 2 (base) + 3 (bonus).

You can have up to 3 Lesser Known bonus uploads at one time. To account for this, I've reduced the max number of regular bonus uploads you can have from 5 to 3.

Chainer
Jan 02, 2024 - permalink

There isn't a daily limit strictly speaking. You can have 8 uploads "in the bank" at any one time (2 daily plus 3 regular bonus plus 3 lesser known bonus). Then if you use all of those, you could earn another bonus shortly afterwards.

Jan 02, 2024 - permalink

Thank you for the correct information! Including not pointing the fact i understood wrong in first place! 😅🙈 2 base + 3 bonus + 3 lesser known bonus

Just out of curiosity, when are the base uploads reset? 0:00 UTC?

Chainer
Jan 03, 2024 - permalink

It refreshes 24 hours after your last daily upload, whenever that happened to be.

Jan 03, 2024 - permalink

So, if i upload 1 picture, i am frozen at 1 left until i upload that one? (ignoring bonuses)

Chainer
Jan 03, 2024 - permalink

No, if you upload a daily upload, you will get that daily upload back after 24 hours.

Jan 03, 2024 - permalink

Oh thank you! Think i got it now! :)

Jan 08, 2024 - edited Jan 08, 2024 - permalink
Deleted by PP1000
Jan 08, 2024 - permalink

Hi Chainer, I was wondering if there are rewards for people who attach names to unnamed images. A lot of new pictures go unnamed for months or years especially if it's new find.

[deleted]
Jan 12, 2024 - permalink

Is it possible to add the tag selection to the upload page, so you can put tags on the pictures as part of the upload process instead of doing this after you uploaded them.

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »