Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Sex sells - does it ?

Dec 15, 2023 - permalink

Not sure whether to put this thread into the "General" section or leave it here. Uncertain where this may lead to and if pictures will underline somebodies arguments, hopefully its OK to leave it in the NSFW part of the forum.

Actually, the question spans additional topics: the headline - does sex sell, might be the easiest to answer. The exposure of a beautful womens body is used in commercial advertising, as supporting programme for football games, in the red light industry. I have also never seen a fat and ugly woman as a TV presenter, they are usually fashionable and good to look at at least.

Then there is the moral question: if the fact is true, then should the women make use of it? Should the organisation they work for use it for their own good? Is money a proper currency for beauty?

And probably the most difiicult question: where is the borderline. Specifically when it comes to womens bodybuilding, we are talking of a competition at the center of the sport, where women show every square inch of their bodies, oiled up, and covered in nothing but skimpy bikini and glamour makeup and hairstyle. We can easy agree on the fact, that there is tons of hard work and sacrifice behind the stage appearance, but should a more attractive woman being voted up against a evenly well built but less attractive woman?

Being straight forward with my own personal opinion: the women shall use their attraction in any possible shape and form, and make good profit from it, as long as its in mutual and professional interest (between buyer and seller and other stakeholders).

But then again, I am just one of many fans out there, who happened to grow up with the boomer generation and also loves to go to mixed nudist beaches and consider it a friendly and natural sommer occupation. I am fully aware that younger generations might see this differently. In addition, womens bodybuilding has become a world wide phenomenon, and the same topic might be viewed differently in other parts of the world.

Interested to hear other points of view and see where this leads to. Unfortunately there are only a handfull of female athletes on the board, and quite understandable that they rather keep themselves in the background. It would be the icing on the cake if one of them could share their view, too.

Dec 15, 2023 - permalink

I honestly don't understand the moral repression that some people have towards people, both men and women, who use sex and sexual appeal to their advantages. Sex is one of the most natural things out there, and so long as it involves consenting adults, what's wrong with it?

With bodybuilding, while I do believe that the most well-built and conditioned competitor should be the winner, I don't see anything wrong with a bodybuilder doing fetish work, or getting an OF account, or getting into session wrestling.

Dec 15, 2023 - permalink

I honestly don't understand the moral repression that some people have towards people, both men and women, who use sex and sexual appeal to their advantages. Sex is one of the most natural things out there, and so long as it involves consenting adults, what's wrong with it?

With bodybuilding, while I do believe that the most well-built and conditioned competitor should be the winner, I don't see anything wrong with a bodybuilder doing fetish work, or getting an OF account, or getting into session wrestling.

I'm with you Gatsby. I think that sometimes, especially when you see men complaining about women (bodybuilders or not) making money on OnlyFans or any fetish site, it comes down to jealousy. They are jealous that women are not so easily parted with their money as men are, and that men on those sites don't usually attract women as paying customers. Most women ( a generality of course ) aren't interested in looking at naked men on fansites, or even mostly nude.

To the OP's question of should an attractive bodybuilder receive a higher vote than an equally developed but "less attractive" bodybuilder. No, I don't think so. But human nature being human nature, I don't see how you can get around that.

Dec 15, 2023 - permalink

Well, I would never date a woman that had an OF. Yeah, that might be a lot of them in my favoites or likes, but I'm talking about personal living here. Second, there's a subltle line separating the sexy/sensual from the vulgar/gross. And I really admire those that know how to deal with the whole thing without crossing the line. Those ladies are the ones I respect most.

Dec 15, 2023 - permalink

Well, I would never date a woman that had an OF. Yeah, that might be a lot of them in my favoites or likes, but I'm talking about personal living here. Second, there's a subltle line separating the sexy/sensual from the vulgar/gross. And I really admire those that know how to deal with the whole thing without crossing the line. Those ladies are the ones I respect most.

Seems a little self righteous and misogynistic You're on a fetish site, but where you draw the line is if a woman wants to make money off of that very fetish. Make that make sense....

Dec 17, 2023 - edited Dec 17, 2023 - permalink

Seems a little self righteous and misogynistic You're on a fetish site, but where you draw the line is if a woman wants to make money off of that very fetish. Make that make sense....

I don't want to draw the line for anyone. What they do with their lives is their business only. I couldn't care less. As long as that doesn't involve a personal/intimate relationship with ME. I wouldn't accept everything from someone in a relationship, we all have limits, unless you're a total psycho. So, as stated before, that was just a personal position, not an intention to dictate what they should do or not. I think you missed my point before labeling me.

fp909
Dec 18, 2023 - permalink

i think that if you're dating someone that is doing that kind of thing there is always a risk of some kind of attachment. maybe less so if there is no physical contact with your customers, but once or twice i've either been the "other guy" or had an opportunity to be the other guy.

in fact, and believe this or not if you like, i had a good shot with both of those women to go farther than customers. one, i did, the other i was very close. but i dont' know that i could date someone who is "exclusive" with me, but sends stuff to random dudes on the internet if they pay enough money, and sometimes that barrier to entry is low. for 10$ a month i can see some stuff.

Also, as far as bodybuilding is concerned, there is certainly a roaming eye. Lauren Quinn's fiance (likely) ditching her for Alexis Ewers while they were still engage, Ariel Rose's fiance ditching her for Ranya Dally, etc etc.

Some definitely have a line they draw in terms of what they sell/buy. sometimes flexing is it, nothing explicit. others want more. i recently cammed with Rene Miller, and she's great at it, but even though it was "just" topless flexing, it was weird AF hearing her BF (once Chandler Vecchione's husband) reacting in the background of their place to whatever he was watching.

Additionally, I think a lot of guys would work to ditch this site if they knew it was in the way of something bigger, although there are plenty of married guys who frequent the site and post their wives. Ideally, you would work to not make this a regular stop if you think it would fuck something up BEFORE you go trying to be intimate with someone.

The meat and potatoes: i think there are plenty of people on either side of the fence--those that find it somewhere between uncomfortable to reprehensible to sell their bodies for money, and the other side that has no problem at all. THey both have valid reasons, though I frequently am annoyed with the topic of "risk", as in: if you are posting nudes to the internet, they will get out, and it will generally be difficult to find the person who is putting them out there. (this is partly why we get takedown requests, or when women scrub their socials but since we aren't posting that kind of stuff here we aren't falling by the wayside).

i know she probably rubs many here the wrong way since she's definitely conservative at the least, but Melissa Teich recently answered a Q+A question (which was: dildos or another toy) with tagging her husband, and he reposted it saying "be the only tool she desires". there are definitely lots of people like that.

As far as drawing a line, it's just another preference. Like height, weight, personality, ethnicity, whatever. If a woman doesn't want to date a guy that doesn't make X amount of money, or isn't X tall, it's perfrectly reasonable to not want to prefer someone who is selling their bodies online for a quick bag.

And btw, tehy don't have to even have an OF--if they are hot "enough" and find someone "better" than you, you might be shit outta luck.

Dec 18, 2023 - permalink

I don't want to draw the line for anyone. What they do with their lives is their business only. I couldn't care less. As long as that doesn't involve a personal/intimate relationship with ME. I wouldn't accept everything from someone in a relationship, we all have limits, unless you're a total psycho. So, as stated before, that was just a personal position, not an intention to dictate what they should do or not. I think you missed my point before labeling me.

I was on board with your original statement until you made a judgement on the women you have the most respect for. As if having an OF devalues a woman’s worth. I agree with having boundaries in a relationship but I don’t value a woman less for the profession she chooses so long as she doesn’t directly harm anyone.

Dec 18, 2023 - permalink

As far as drawing a line, it's just another preference. Like height, weight, personality, ethnicity, whatever. If a woman doesn't want to date a guy that doesn't make X amount of money, or isn't X tall, it's perfrectly reasonable to not want to prefer someone who is selling their bodies online for a quick bag.

And btw, tehy don't have to even have an OF--if they are hot "enough" and find someone "better" than you, you might be shit outta luck.

Having a preference is fine. Judging someone based on their job is not. Clearly I mean jobs that don’t harm others. I know you said “better” with air quotes but clearly those two were incompatible. Some people are just immature on how they end things. It doesn’t make the receiving end any less of a person.

With Lauren, her husband seemed like a total tool but hey she chose him. With April, I don’t know their situation but probably a similar outcome. At the end of the day, it comes down to how compatible people are.

Dec 19, 2023 - permalink

I was on board with your original statement until you made a judgement on the women you have the most respect for. As if having an OF devalues a woman’s worth. I agree with having boundaries in a relationship but I don’t value a woman less for the profession she chooses so long as she doesn’t directly harm anyone.

Being honest here, I used the wrong term. Where I put "respect" I actually meant "admire". Regardless of what they're doing they deserve respect as (almost) every human being, as long as it's licit and doesn't harm anyone, and you're right on that.

Dec 19, 2023 - permalink

Direct harm is debatable. Heroin and fentanyl dealers aren't directly hurting anyone. Their customers are addicted to opiates and they're providing goods to meet the demand of the market.

Prostitutes provide dopamine hits to addicts as well.

I don't think it's the job of the prostitute or drug dealer to worry about how their customers make money. Their concern is making money. If an addict's life falls apart during their addiction, it's not their problem. "Get less addicted. Bootstraps."

Dec 19, 2023 - permalink

Not sure whether to put this thread into the "General" section or leave it here. Uncertain where this may lead to and if pictures will underline somebodies arguments, hopefully its OK to leave it in the NSFW part of the forum.

Actually, the question spans additional topics: the headline - does sex sell, might be the easiest to answer. The exposure of a beautful womens body is used in commercial advertising, as supporting programme for football games, in the red light industry. I have also never seen a fat and ugly woman as a TV presenter, they are usually fashionable and good to look at at least.

Then there is the moral question: if the fact is true, then should the women make use of it? Should the organisation they work for use it for their own good? Is money a proper currency for beauty?

And probably the most difiicult question: where is the borderline. Specifically when it comes to womens bodybuilding, we are talking of a competition at the center of the sport, where women show every square inch of their bodies, oiled up, and covered in nothing but skimpy bikini and glamour makeup and hairstyle. We can easy agree on the fact, that there is tons of hard work and sacrifice behind the stage appearance, but should a more attractive woman being voted up against a evenly well built but less attractive woman?

Being straight forward with my own personal opinion: the women shall use their attraction in any possible shape and form, and make good profit from it, as long as its in mutual and professional interest (between buyer and seller and other stakeholders).

But then again, I am just one of many fans out there, who happened to grow up with the boomer generation and also loves to go to mixed nudist beaches and consider it a friendly and natural sommer occupation. I am fully aware that younger generations might see this differently. In addition, womens bodybuilding has become a world wide phenomenon, and the same topic might be viewed differently in other parts of the world.

Interested to hear other points of view and see where this leads to. Unfortunately there are only a handfull of female athletes on the board, and quite understandable that they rather keep themselves in the background. It would be the icing on the cake if one of them could share their view, too.

"Supply, meet Demand. I think you two might get along."

You labeled yourself with the way you threw rocks and then tried to hide your hands. But yeah, when all is said and done, you're the real victim here. You didn't deserve any of this.

Dec 20, 2023 - permalink

"Supply, meet Demand. I think you two might get along."

You labeled yourself with the way you threw rocks and then tried to hide your hands. But yeah, when all is said and done, you're the real victim here. You didn't deserve any of this.

Seems you got serious cognitive dissonance issues, or is just dumb. Anyway, I got nothing else to say here. What I said is said. To the next topic, have a good one!

Dec 23, 2023 - permalink

if the fact is true, then should the women make use of it? Should the organisation they work for use it for their own good? Is money a proper currency for beauty?

If the woman is in total control over what she does, it's not immoral.

Well, I would never date a woman that had an OF.

See above - I would totally be ok with a women in total control of her OF and her psyche, and if she's honest up front. Some women are fun and exhibitionist, and that does not automatically make them unfaithful. Expecially if she has a built body, it's totally normal to pose in the nude and enjoy the praise. As long as it's just that. Heck, I'd be super turned on that she wants to be with me and not with another guy, despite the attention. And I'd be glad that she would not hide herself just because of a relationship. I cannot understand why bodybuilders who obviously enjoyed camming and being on OF would stop just because their guy is jealous. It's part of her personality, and I would feel bad restricting that. I would think it's worse if the was an actress who gets to kiss good looking actors and everyone sees it. But making nude posing vids for admirers? Hey, count me in. Mind you, all under the condition that she's really faithful and can handle her persona.

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »