Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

OLYMPIA Trading Cards

Dec 03, 2023 - permalink

So I guess for the past couple of years they have put out trading cards of the Olympia which includes all of the ladies in all of the divisions.

You can buy them here:

2023: https://www.cardiverse.cards/

There was a 2022 set but it looks like they are no longer available.

Even with the coupon code its damn expensive though.

Its been 30 years since we have FBB on trading cards (unless you could the Topps Iris Kyle from a few years back). Just wish they were more accessible.

Dec 03, 2023 - permalink

Category: Something new learned every day.

Dec 03, 2023 - permalink

When did they first make these ? i know in the early 2000s there where many trading card games and i enjoyed some with muscular female characters. but i never saw something like this if it existed it wouldn't be very mainstream at least in my demographic . but i think they only started making these recently anyway.

Dec 03, 2023 - permalink

When did they first make these ? i know in the early 2000s there where many trading card games and i enjoyed some with muscular female characters. but i never saw something like this if it existed it wouldn't be very mainstream at least in my demographic . but i think they only started making these recently anyway.

There was a set last year and this year. Before these the only real set Im aware of was one in 1993 which had women like Tonya Knight and Sharon Bruneau. The price of $350 a box (I think you get six packs and a total of 55 cards per box) is far too high for such a niche product.

I remember a lot of the CCGs back then. Had a full set of cards from Brom and another from Julie Bell and Boris Valejo with some great artwork of strong women.

Dec 03, 2023 - permalink

There was a set last year and this year. Before these the only real set Im aware of was one in 1993 which had women like Tonya Knight and Sharon Bruneau. The price of $350 a box (I think you get six packs and a total of 55 cards per box) is far too high for such a niche product.

I remember a lot of the CCGs back then. Had a full set of cards from Brom and another from Julie Bell and Boris Valejo with some great artwork of strong women.

What should the price be for a collectible? What does the box set cost to produce? How many people are actually going to buy these?

Dec 04, 2023 - permalink

Was it 350 bucks when it was new or is it just that expensive now. because it's rare since few people bought it back in the day

Dec 04, 2023 - permalink

Was it 350 bucks when it was new or is it just that expensive now. because it's rare since few people bought it back in the day

In 1993 I think the box of Star Bodybuilding cards was around $30 and I got three complete sets. There were no rare cards or autographed inserts.

The people who did these new cards are trying to create their own collectable market by adding inserts and making it an expensive product.

Dec 04, 2023 - permalink

What should the price be for a collectible? What does the box set cost to produce? How many people are actually going to buy these?

I get what youre saying.

I dont have any of the inside info like cost and sales. All I do have is a basic knowledge of how the trading card market works for sports cards and for being such a niche product it feels like a really high price to buy in. Go to Target and you can buy sports cards for $30 to $60 a box.

I watched a video where a guy opened five boxes and for most of the video he complained about how all he wanted was Chris Bumstead cards and autographs. He could have cared less about the women... something a lot of people on this website are passionate about.

I just wish the product was in the $100-$150 range. If it was I might try a couple of boxes.

Dec 04, 2023 - permalink

The Chris Bumstead phenomenon is something else. Gym girls and just random young women - who otherwise have no interest in the competitive side of bodybuilding - LOVE this guy.

Dec 04, 2023 - edited Dec 04, 2023 - permalink

What should the price be for a collectible?

Well, a Babe Ruth rookie card from 1914 recently sold for over 7 million dollars. You just have to buy them and wait for 100+ years. ;)

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »