Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Golden age for posing routines?

mkr
Nov 19, 2023 - permalink

I'm going to say the 90s European contests had the best posing routines. Very sensual, lots of thongs, unabashed moon-shots, and the women genuinely looked like they are having tons of fun.

e.g. this is 1992 NABBA Worlds

Nov 19, 2023 - permalink

Unlike men's bodybuilding, there is no widely agreed upon golden age for women's posing. But I think you're right, that European contests - particularly NABBA - had better posing and posing routines than the IFBB or NPC. IFBB and NPC are more concerned with being monopolies and maximizing their revenue.

Nov 19, 2023 - permalink

Some of my favourites which seem to be mostly from 90s

Sandy Riddell

Bass Vs Rutkowski

Sharon Marvel

Sharon Marvel

Clifta Coulter

Nov 20, 2023 - permalink

Yeah they were great in the 90s now you still see epic stuff in the fitness catagory but the others seem kind of dull. I also really like early 2010. but I think I only like it because they are the first in HD.

Nov 20, 2023 - permalink

I always like slower style posing, where the actually stop and you can see the body. Alyssa Kiessling is a little much for me muscle wise, but her posing is what I'd love to see more of in women's bodybuilding.

I never cared for Cory Everson. Great body, but her dancing was annoying.

Nov 20, 2023 - permalink

Yeah i always preferred some FBB in photos ie Cory Everson and then when i saw the routine in video i didnt like as much as you say too much dancing and not enough static hold of poses.

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »