Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Meeting FFBs in person (What are they like? )

Nov 09, 2023 - permalink

When you’ve met FFB,s in person, particularly at shows, what has the experience been like? Have they been friendly or evasive. I’m not sure if I’m allowed to post this, I think I’ve brought up this up before in some different ways.

Nov 09, 2023 - permalink

Maybe you should go to a show yourself and find out. I've dated a couple FBBs in my time and still good friends with one. You need to get out there and make your own experiences.

Nov 09, 2023 - permalink

When you’ve met FFB,s in person, particularly at shows, what has the experience been like? Have they been friendly or evasive. I’m not sure if I’m allowed to post this, I think I’ve brought up this up before in some different ways.

For context, how are most people you meet in person?

fp909
Nov 09, 2023 - permalink

they are:

regular people

Disclaimer: unless you act weirdly in which case they will know immediately and not act like regular people

Nov 09, 2023 - permalink

It’s actually very liberating. It demystifies them and you see them as real people as it always should be. I think meeting an FBB at a show could be somewhat unnatural because they may have a certain mindset. Meeting them at the gym, party or anywhere else is better.

Nov 09, 2023 - permalink

They are as varied as people can be, some are shy, some are outgoing, but they are nothing more than people who spend a lot of time lifting weights. They will be kind if you treat them with respect and don’t be a creep who is like “It’s a pleasure to meet you, my goddess! I am but a lowly mortal who has waited for the day I meet one from The Sisterhood of Iron.”

Nov 10, 2023 - permalink

Maybe you should go to a show yourself and find out. I've dated a couple FBBs in my time and still good friends with one. You need to get out there and make your own experiences.

I have been to BB shows, all in Washington State, I’ve met Amber Jacobs, Cinzia Clapp Nicole Berg, Tarna Alderman (I’m not if I’m suppose to mention her name on this site) She was the worst one I ever met. She’s horrible in person. Cinzia a Clapp is really nice. I’ve never been to any outside WA state. There are just some I can imagine wouldn’t be very friendly in person, such as Tina Wilson and Cindy Reyes. Yeah I understand they are like everyone else, some are friendly and some aren’t. Just thought it would a fun topic to discuss what some FFBs are like in person.

Nov 10, 2023 - permalink

They are in fact human beings. They typically act like human beings. So you get pretty varied personalities.

Nov 10, 2023 - permalink

When you’ve met FFB,s in person, particularly at shows, what has the experience been like?

They're just humans like the rest of us. If you meet them when they're in contest shape, often they will be be super-tired and may not be too interested in meeting random dudes.

fp909
Nov 10, 2023 - edited Nov 10, 2023 - permalink

ive def met a few and a few women who are bodybuilding adjacent. Dani Reardon, Shannon Courtney, Chelsea Kline, Brooke Walker, Katie Lee, Robyn Machado, Vanessa Serros, Gina Strobo (I think that's her name), Kortney Olson, Brooke Ence, Sarah Hayes, all very nice at the time of meeting, even the ones that i had bought videos from before i met them.

Nov 10, 2023 - permalink

I have been to BB shows, all in Washington State, I’ve met Amber Jacobs, Cinzia Clapp Nicole Berg, Tarna Alderman (I’m not if I’m suppose to mention her name on this site) She was the worst one I ever met. She’s horrible in person. Cinzia a Clapp is really nice. I’ve never been to any outside WA state. There are just some I can imagine wouldn’t be very friendly in person, such as Tina Wilson and Cindy Reyes. Yeah I understand they are like everyone else, some are friendly and some aren’t. Just thought it would a fun topic to discuss what some FFBs are like in person.

Yeah, you're playing that "oh, we're just a bunch of guys talking here" card, but seems like what you really wanted was an opportunity to trash Tarna. When I first started buying Women's Physique World magazine, I would always buy a couple of other magazines I didn't even want at the same time. 🙈

I think Tarna is great, one of the sweetest I've met. But full disclosure: I probably acted pretty normal around her.

Nov 10, 2023 - permalink

Yeah, you're playing that "oh, we're just a bunch of guys talking here" card, but seems like what you really wanted was an opportunity to trash Tarna. When I first started buying Women's Physique World magazine, I would always buy a couple of other magazines I didn't even want at the same time. 🙈

I think Tarna is great, one of the sweetest I've met. But full disclosure: I probably acted pretty normal around her.

She’s the prime example (at-least for myself) of a bodybuilder who isn’t friendly. I didn’t mean for this post to be about her.

I wondering if anyone was going to give there input on FFBs they’ve met in person, and what they are like.

Dani is done, as we’ve known for awhile. I’m not sure if Michelle is done or is on hiatus. I’m once drifting off the main subject, but I hear Dani Reardon and Michelle Gavin were nice in person.

Nov 10, 2023 - permalink

Yeah, you're playing that "oh, we're just a bunch of guys talking here" card, but seems like what you really wanted was an opportunity to trash Tarna.

Yeeah if he thinks Tarna is "horrible in person" he's undoubtedly a moronic mouth-breather. Well, just posting this topic spells that out pretty well.

Tarna is fuckin rad.

Nov 10, 2023 - permalink

Wendy Lindquist: Nice

Aleesha Young: Nice

Irene Andersen: Nice

Kristina Mendoza: Nice

Natasha Romashko: Reserved, but nice

Denise Masino: Very nice

Sense a pattern?

Nov 10, 2023 - permalink

They are like any other women. For the most part, every muscular woman that I have met, whether it was at a competition, at gyms that I train at, at expos that I go to, have all been very kind and fun to talk to. I can't think of any negative interactions from the top of my head. Getting into fitness and weight training doesn't turn women into these mythological beings that are unique to everybody else. They are women with a passion, and while they might be on the higher end of discipline and drive, they're still like anybody else. Ad echoing what everyone else has said, Tarna is rad.

I have seen your post history and have also replied to a few, and to be honest, the negative interactions that you have had with FBBs is more than likely due to your own behavior and actions. You talk about being blocked by multiple FBBs for "apparently no reason," and while if you get blocked by a couple it might just be on them, getting blocked by a bunch of them is a pattern that most likely reflects on you. You also have a fixation and obsession with Tarna being supposedly an "awful person," given that you have mentioned her many times in previous posts. You have talked about touching biceps and how you don't understand why some women don't want you to touch them there because, in your words, "it's not the most sacred part of their body." And you have also talked about taking pictures of muscular women and bodybuilders WITHOUT their consent AND tagging them, again, without their consent. And the most frustrating thing is that despite being told by multiple posters that all those behaviors are bad, you flat out refuse to listen and as a result make posts that make it clear that you didn't take in anybody's responses to previous posts you have made.

I know you're autistic and that poses some significant challenges when it comes to socializing and understanding behavioral norms, but it is your responsibility to work on building a better understanding of them and putting them into practice. I recommend working with a professional and getting involved in public speaking classes and events like Toastmasters.

Nov 10, 2023 - permalink

Everyone is very nice. Some are outgoing, some are shy.

Nov 11, 2023 - permalink

I’ve met Ivie Rhein, Natalia Coelho, Brooke Walker, Andrea Shaw, Tina Wilson and Eva Andressa at the Olympia. They were all nice and outgoing, but Eva was sweet and surprisingly a little reserved/shy.

Nov 11, 2023 - permalink

Eva doesn't speak English.

Nov 11, 2023 - edited Nov 11, 2023 - permalink

At the Olympia 2023 I meet couple of Olympians they’re all very nice to me you just know how to greet them, hold a conversation, please don’t be shy n awkward around them

Nov 11, 2023 - permalink

So the point of this thread is to share experiences meeting FBBs after a BB show. I’ve never been to one. Do the FBB competitors walk around afterwards in a trade show part of the venue and one just randomly walks up to them? It seems quite unsatisfying since you don’t really get to know each other. It’s something like walking up to an actor in a restaurant and asking for an autograph hoping the security detail doesn’t bounce you. They are judged as friendly or not in a brief moment and then everyone moves on.

fp909
Nov 11, 2023 - permalink

considered theyve spent months dieting and are probably a little too wiped out to be "on" for everyone they meed i get it.

Nov 11, 2023 - permalink

Eva doesn't speak English.

Oh ok, that explains it.

Nov 11, 2023 - permalink
Deleted by H3rcules
Nov 11, 2023 - permalink

Probably pretty weird?!…

« first < prev Page 1 of 2 next > last »